Orci makes comment about Bay's release date comment

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by RichieNine9, Dec 10, 2007.

1. RichieNine9

RichieNine9 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Robert Orci has started posting on Bay's official message boards and had a little something to say:

"How flattering that they they can get the whole movie up and running off of an outline we spent two weeks on without the movie suffering in any way!

Wow!"

Not sure what to think about that.

http://www.shootfortheedit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=622&page=3

2. NIDARAM12

NIDARAM12 Robot art guy

News Credits:
    Haha someone sounds all union-bitter

3. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, the online filmmaker fight may end up being more entertaining than the sequels.

Also, for the union-haters, Orci makes some great points about them in that thread.

4. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Can't those TF movie makers just get along? Always bickering at each other.

5. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Unfortunately us western nations increasingly have the aspirational middle class wannabe rich shareholders as the majority, who are more self-concerned than caring about the greater whole or the common right.

That's why the propaganda by the corporate and business sector about how unions will cost jobs, lead to wage breakouts or alternativelywage losses, destroy small business, raise interest rates ect hold such a grip on nations these days.

Somehow people convieniently forget the rights they enjoy as workers today (regardless of whether they are in unions/guilds or have signed individual contracts) were mostly fought and won largely by unions and guilds.

6. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    While I agree that some of the the WGA's decisions were not so brilliant, I'm still with the writers on this.

I'm critical of unions that have reached a point where they're more self-serving than anything.

I still think the idea of unions is a good one, and they do have a place in today's society. The only thing I don't like is a severe imbalance that gives the unions too much power.

EDIT: Re "corporate propaganda". Keep in mind that corporations will fire thousands of employees even when their profit has reached a new all-time high. Just because they can't get enough.

So why should we even believe those people's claims how they can't afford to pay their workers more? It wouldn't surprise me if the studios fired people just for the sake of it even if the screenwriters simply gave up on their position.

7. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    Obviously Bay's comments are assuming that the strike ends fairly soon. If all they have is an outline and no dialog they can't film anything except different effects shots.

Although, the time required to get the bots modeled and everything may mean we are getting more CGI-wise.

8. domientius

domientius Well-Known Member

Bay pretty much only cares about himself and he cares fuck-all about what other people think.

Like how some over-ego director seems to know more about giant alien robots and how they'd work more than actual scientists would. Mass shifting isn't dumb(if it was you people wouldn't have been fans for 20 years), but Bay seems to think what he wants is what everyone wants. To say that Hollywood can't do G1-ish(albeit more detailed) designs is a flat out lie. Guess such designs wouldn't have as many moving parts to render or something.

9. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Robots with the wrong faction symbols on them, the wrong voices coming out of the wrong characters, and Bumblebee dancing around on Golden Cybertron even though he's already become Goldbug didn't drive us away, either. That doesn't mean all that stuff isn't dumb, though.

Bay may think everyone wants what he wants, but its hard to blame him for thinking that when the box office backs him up like it does.

Hasbro's not having any trouble moving those movie toys, either.

10. Sherade

Sherade Ford Boy

Maybe not for you. In Maryland, or at least where I am, screw it if you can find wave 2.
    Anyhoo, on the subject of the movie comments, until it's 2009 or they release concept art, I'm not taking anything because it's a little early to beleive what we may hear.