Orci & Kurtzman were mistaken

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by PrimePower04, Jan 28, 2010.

1. PrimePower04

PrimePower04 I got the touch!

I recently watched the special features of ROTF...Orci and Kurtzman stated transformers main storyline was about a boy and his car..& ROTF was about adapting to being away from home...The center plot piece in each movie was Sam & Michalea or humans in general..This was the mistake, although each movie has done tremendously well at the box office (P.S. I like both movies a lot but it could have been better) the critics have not been huge fans. The transformers (Optimus) should have been the center piece of each movie afterall it is called transformers...the transformers could have been a much better and smoother storyline. People would rather watch optimus and others interact then Sam & company. (although shia does a great job)..of course I am not saying eliminate humans from the movies Shia does great Megan Fox is hott and brings in some cash but i would have preferred more transformer centered plots.
    For example: Avatar
    In Avatar there is an alien race, initially the plot is more human involved but when we are finally inroduced to the Navi & their lifesyle i myself and probally most people just wanted to get to the parts of the movie where the Navi are the stars not the humans..I know the farther in I got I somewhat got annoyed of the human parts and wanted the character to go into the machine, back into the world of the navi.
    My point is i think movie goers are starting to want to see the unkown when they go to the theatres...alien races are unknown. 2009 is a perfect example..ROTF & Avatar rule the box office.. movies such as Pelham 123 are a thing of the past and everyone prety much knows what is gonig to happen!

I did this rant because Bay recently stated the script for TF3 is looking a lot different then the 1st 2 and I hope he means it is more transformer centered..

of course i mean no offense to Mr: Orci or Kurtzman they do great things in thier own way but i think they should have approached transformers differntly..Good luck ehren Kruger

Thanks for readin....Good day all

2. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I hope so too

although I like the humans(abeit megan fox) the movie is called "Transformers" not

"Humans starring bumblebee,Optimus Prime, and friends"

3. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I think one of the things they got wrong is if I go to see a movie about Spiderman, Batman, or any other hero I want to see that hero save the day. Yes Gotham PD doesn't have to be totally useless and inept but when it comes to crunch time Batman better be the only one who can save the day.

My hope is that Kruger will see that the Autobots should feel like they are the ones who are going to save the day even if you can't afford to put them in every scene. I mean Jaws feels about a huge shark even though we don't get to see much of the shark so there should be a way to make the Autobots feel like the real heroes and the Decepticons feel like a legitimate threat even when they aren't in the shot.

4. PrimePower04

PrimePower04 I got the touch!

well said.....in the special features Orci adresses sam killing megs in TF1 saying that it was spielbergs idea i think

I also understand that the TFs do cost a lot of money but I feel the money these movies bring in they could afford a few more scenes

5. jamspeed

jamspeed is so beast!

Ebay:
    Yes this was the biggest letdown for me with the movie. They should have never had the fallen and just have powered up Prime fight Devastator. F the dam rail gun!

6. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Human to human interactions are a bit boring, I agree, but if humans never interacted, it would ALSO get boring. You need a good balance of both. All the characters need to interact. More Transformers/Human interactions would be nice, I agree. :) 

7. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Orci acknowledged on the forum that the budget meant they created a story that would disappoint fans with its human focus, and by ROTF I think the general audience liked Sam so much they couldn't help but focus on him again

At least it was Optimus who took out the Fallen.

8. SentinelPrime

SentinelPrime I NEEDED THAT!

Ebay:
    To me, one of the most crucial aspects of Transformers that I have always loved is the fact that they are on Earth, hiding in plain sight as vehicles.

If you have a story set on Earth, then you have to have humans in the story.

Once you totally remove the hiding as vehicles concept, the Transformers really looses something imo.

I think humans are crucial to the idea, and even more so in the setting of a big motion picture. The trick is to integrate all of the characters, and not make the humans lame and douchey, like alot of the "Unicron Trilogy" humans.

9. Ash from Carolina

I think the trick is finding just the right balance.

On one hand you don't really want the humans just slaughtering the Decepticons left and right like they have been doing for two films now. Just no tension when you know the bad guys don't stand a chance except against nameless extras and even then it has to a Pearl Harbor catching the humans with their pants down attack to work.

On the other hand you don't want something like the Tom Cruise War of the World movie where the military is so totally helpless they can't even scratch the paint on the bad guys.

Somewhere in the middle of those two is a nice area where the humans aren't totally helpless but there is that feeling that without the help of the Autobots things are going to end badly for the human race.

Plus human characters give you wonderful things like a feeling of scale for the robots. Or by interacting with humans you get the chance to bring out just how alien they are compared to the organic life we are used to. Just loads of good thing that human characters can bring to a Transformers story. But even with a good human cast you still want to feel like the story is about the Transformers and not the human cast.

10. Covenant

Covenant Mr. Roboto in Disguise

Ebay:
    Let them finish out this TF trilogy in the same style they've been doing. Maybe the next round of writers, designs, director, etc will give a series of films about the Transformers instead of what we have received which is a boy and his car flick, with the briefest of TF to TF interactions. Hell we got about as much time on The Nemesis as we did with Sam's suppose-to-be-stoned-but-acting-like-she's-drunk Mom acting the fool on campus.

11. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

In other words, "Damn, Avatar was good, and RoTF was a letdown."

12. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    let's hope we get more story this time....heck, I would not mind a tear jerking moment..

13. evil ivotron

evil ivotron destroy'em all

I agree. Too many bloody humans, not enough bots.

14. Autobotic9

Autobotic9 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the movie forum, please take a number.

15. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

The problem isn't the main human characters - Sam, Mikaela and Lennox and Epps are all fine to me, in fact I like all of them a lot.I want to see more of their interaction with the Autobots. I also warmed up to Simmons in ROTF.

It's the filler stuff that bugs me - the uneccessary additions like Leo, Sam's parents at the college, and Alice (waste of CGI that could have gone elsewhere).......

Honestly, I would love more time with Lennox and Epps in the third movie, and more with NEST in general. There's no reason why at this point they can't move Sam into a role in NEST, and that would rid the third movie of the college crap.

16. Ash from Carolina

Yea they really missed an opportunity with NEST. Put in some characters there and you could have hammered home the idea that NEST was an international team. Having NEST characters would also mean that something more than nameless extras were putting their life on the line in the big battle at the end.

Kind of hope they go with your idea of having Sam work with NEST or something in the third movie so we could focus on the good characters the films have come up with and spend less time with the characters that are part of sub-plots to nowhere. Sam doesn't even have to join the military or anything because the military is always working with civilians.