Orci/Kurtzman: No Dinobots in TF:ROTF, Movie Theme

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tim Formas, Jul 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tim Formas

Tim Formas Old Man Administrator

News Credits:
    MTV Movies Blog Writers Reveal Theme Of ‘Transformers Sequel. The Bad News? No Dinobots

Some interesting excerpts:

Who wants to ask MTV what movie "Transformers: Rise of the Fallen" is?

2. Kenji

Kenji Well-Known Member

Human story PLEASE NO!

3. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    “It’s about being away from home. It’s a few years later and Sam is going to finally go to college and he’s going to face being away from home just as the autobots are having to deal with being away from Cybertron.”

That near exact quote can be seen on our boards nearly a month ago.

4. Dankir

Dankir Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Just have more fucking Transformers this time, less useless humans please.

5. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:
    Boo.

A story of "going away" doesn't ring Revenge of the Fallen to me... Unless it is Revenge of the Fallen GPA.

6. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Why NO DINOBOTS ME GRIMLOCK MAD,ME SWOOP MAD,ME SNARL MAD,ME SLAG MAD & ME SLUDGE MAD and It is Not about the Humans it about GIANT ROBOTS THAT TRANSFORM INTO CARS,PLANES,TAPE DECKS,DINOSUARS,ANIMALS & OTHER THINGS! :mad 

7. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    I never thought the first was about a boy and his car; it was more about an insecure boy becoming comfident while helping save the world. Why cant they just implement something to the effect of the all spark hitting some old dinosaur theme park and from there come the dinobots?

8. tkdmatthew

tkdmatthew Member

dinobots

I was trying to think how they could justify the dinobots. what if they were tripple changers, robot, then a earth vehicle disguise, then the dinobot form as like an extreme combat mode?

9. Devastattor

Devastattor Well-Known Member

Rant moment:

So let's see, scorpion for no reason at all, sure. Dinobots for no reason at all, no. If they can't find a way to incorporate the most popular characters, the dinobots, the SEEKERS (not just Starscream), the constructicons, and others, what's the point? And I just love how most of the Autobots turn into cars that are concepts or don't exist, like that makes perfect sense, but the dinobots are apparently not logical enough to include. Guys, it's a G-D movie.

Don't get me wrong, I liked the first movie and am really looking forward to the next one. But I just hate how the writers and producers justify their decisions.

10. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    They could have been back up, like Brawl in the first movie.
    Maybe they could rise from the water in time of need?
    Alt modes have more uses than just as a disguise.

Although I'm not really upset about this, I'm not exactly the biggest Dinobot fan.

11. MGX

MGX Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They can have an alien jet and explain it away as "I don't want a stoopid Earth Mode" and that's fine, and we even have a giant scorpion--but no robot dinosaurs...beautiful. Maybe Grimlock and company wanted alt modes that could fight back and not simple cars and trucks, because they don't want to hide (see Megatron). So they chose the meanest monsters on the planet. And since the Autobots are teamed up with the humans, that's even better for the Dinobots. They could have used the Marvel or IDW origins. Much better than the Sunbow origin.

Black pot, meet black kettle.

That being said, I hope they justify this decision and give Megatron an earth mode. If Megatron doesn't care about disguise, neither does Grimlock.

12. Cham Clowder

Cham Clowder Member

I'm pretty upset about this too, but hey, lets face it: things could be worse.

They could've easily changed the dino's factions like they're doing for Sky/Jetfire so they could justify it like they did for scorponok.

13. Bass X0

Bass X0 King of Muay Thai

News Credits:
    The robot modes are expensive to produce so probably no Transformers having sex with each other in Rise of the Fallen.

14. Draeck

Draeck Tanks can bounce

I agree with da writers, sure they could have figured some stuff out to justify the dinobots, but I think the peoples who dont know transformers would go "WTF is this?" when they go see TF2 and there are dinosaurs fighting the decepticons.....its possible, but there are better characters to chose who fit in this universe better, just my 2 cents..

btw, there's nothing wrong with megatron being too cocky for a proper altmode in the first movie me thinks and about the scorponok thing, according to one of the writers he was supposed to be more of a mindless minion of blackout than an actual transformer. I read that on the don murphy board or something

15. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Rise of the Robot Chubby? :p 

Frankly I'm pleased no Dinobots. That way we won't get some fugly scrappy lizard thing that roars like Godzilla with his nuts trapped in a door and then gets killed by a human using a bit of wood with a nail in it.

I'd like a 'robot and his boy' story this time please. Humans as pets or something that isn't always described from a human point of veiw. Maybe Bumblebee can be annoyed because Sam didn't piss on the newspaper he laid out for him.

16. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Its about visual logic, really. Scorponok fit the desert environment he appeared in thematically. Ravage would have fit the forest environment those scenes were originally set it. When it was changed to the Middle East, in came Scorponok and out went Ravage.

Dinobots would just be there for the sake of being dinosaurs. Dinosaurs would just not fit anywhere.

17. ANDROID PRIME

ANDROID PRIME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ive said it before and ill say it again. grimlock could easily be robosaurus just make grimlock land and scan during a monster truck show.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Ugh! Not this tired old rant again. Scorponok was like Ravage or Laserbeak. The scorpion form WAS his robot mode. His alt mode was the metal block Blackout launched from his back.

19. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Excellent idea! I'll second that!

There are many ways to incorporate Dinobots into a TF movie. The Marvel/IDW backstory would work well. Maybe they could be isolated on an island away from most humans, then a disguise wouldn't be necessary.

20. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Maybe they just came from hiding out on a planet that was inhabited by dinosaurs. And they liked their dino alts so much they refused to change them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.