Orci and Kurtzman's ROTF, the film you wanted to see

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Moy, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:

First off I know TylerMirage is also working on one like thi. well, This is my version of the film that I wanted to see, but due to things like writers strike guild, and Shia's hand injury a lot of plans for the movie had to be taken out.

Here I have a list of things that I'd wish was taken out, and scenese that needed to be shown. I'm sure I covered everything so if you think that I missed one let me know.

Bay and Co. did an impressive Tf movie again, don't get me wrong in that direction, it's just that due to the circumstances during filiming, Bay had to put some input into the script (something he had to do since Orci and Kurtzman were rushing in a hotel getting the script finished but action scenese mostly, & unfortunately not what I wanted) mostly action scenes and who knows what else.

Well ok here it is check it out let me know what you think, some scenes that should be taken out, or add more to:thumbs2:  ;

1.SideswipevsSideways: Instead of killing off Sideways quickly, the writers could develop the scene more extensively and have sideways give sidewsipe a good fight before he's killed.

2. Sam's University: Sam's mother jumping behind a students back was unecessary. This could be replaced with a mild dialouge joke that she could play while stoned by the green brownie.

3. Alice: This has been discussed a lot, so please don't hang me for this. A new scense showing Alice's origin or at least who sent her, this way the audience can understand why Bumblebee couldn't detect her.

4. Megatron's rebirth: Right before the constructicons revive megs, Mixmaster should be introduced by some small dialogue between him and rampage. (u could post ideas) After megs is immediately brought back and takes off, the constructions also immerge from the sea under Longhual's or Scrappers command to seek out destruction and mayhem once in the city.

5. Megatron on cybertron: After megs returns from cybertron, we see the autobots split up in two but the dialouge was never shown between the them. After prime finds out Megs is back, he informs Jolt and sideswipe, along Ironhide about the icident, and then makes a plan to split up in teams.

6. Alice's tentacles: This is debatable, but really does not bug me. But anyway, I think that instead of grabbing Sam with her tounge, she could have used a tentacle that forms out from her chest or her fingers. Anyway, I really thought of not including this one, but what the heck, I just felt that the toungue thing has been seen before in movies.

7. Forest scene: Once Primes is being defeated, BB informs the rest of the autobots that they might not get to Prime on time, this way the audience might not be confused as to where the other autobots went to, even though it was pretty much explained, but not too well, I think.

8. Mixmaster on the bridge: How did he get up their? We never saw that did we.. But it could be switched easily by including Longhaul to tell mixy to climb up the bridge to be seen by Starscream and wait for megatron and the fallen's command. or what do you think could have been good?

9. 1st protoforms: When the fallen finds out Primes dead, the protoforms land on earth, but we never got to see them transform fully, again. the protoform they could have used to transform fully was the one that grabbed sams parents.

12. Simmons arse: I don't think I need to explain why this scene needs to be taken out.

13. Decepticons search for Sam: When Starscream speaks Longhaul in Cybertronian, Longhaul should also reply, rather than just a roar, maybe ; "the boy may not be here!", and starscream replies; "keep searching!"

14. Final scene: Instead of just Sam and prime during the end of the film, the rest of the autobots are also surrounding them on the aircraft carrier, this way we know who survived.

2. Primesfist

Primesfist Well-Known Member

I agree with everything apart from Sam's university. These whole scenes are pointless to the point of extreme. Leo - good actor with a crap script, Sam's Mum was annoying and cringeworthy, Bad Boys 2 poster - come on Bay, Rainn Wilson's scene as the lecturer was as equally pointless - why, if he was worried about being Punk'd infront of the Dean, was he acting like a perve to the girls at the front? Just crap humour from the writers.

3. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Rainn Wilson only helps by giving a hint to those who listen about just what sort of power stars really have, for further validation as to why the Fallen (well, the Primes really, as the Fallen was also hungry for vengeance) desires to harvest ours. Also his super libido-ness is probably to show what sort of naturally unorthodox characters you're going to find teaching in the college system.

As for some interaction with the Constructicons just before reviving Megatron, I think it would've been good if Mixmaster had aided his chemical skills in some way. Scalpel could've called for some bonding material, Mix would've whipped something up with the other dead 'cons, then made a containment chamber around the areas that needed bonding so it wouldn't disperse into the water. The "little one" would still be cannibalized, screw his characterization, but Long Haul and Rampage could've been shown to be strong-arm dumb ass goombas.

4. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree with most of your suggestions, but I think the major problem was the failed execution of the Fallen. Defiance did a good job setting up who he was, and why he wanted Revenge. More importantly it showed why Megs served him. The film ditches all this for the Vader/Emperor/Death Star cliché and just made the conclusion even more obvious.

5. Houndvoice

Houndvoice Well-Known Member

You could edit all of those points, but a polished turd is still a turd.

6. Primesfist

Primesfist Well-Known Member

Karhukjnsi, the link to stars in Wilson's little speech is so tenuous, that any meaning it's supposed to have is completely pointless. It just comes across as a dumb scene, terrible in fact.

7. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Yea I'd have to agree with you on that.
    ROFL was a more entertaining move than Bayformers 1, but both movies aren't that great when you get right down to it.
    I mean you've got bad writers, and a bad director, that's not going to equal a good movie. All those things mentioned by the original poster would have made the movie better, yes. But then again you have to remember that the director is talentless; of course he was going to leave good material out.

8. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

I see no problem with that...It´s a cool turd for me.

9. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    good idea hroever i nteh movei megs went, to oen of saturnm oons where the nemesis was, so i think you adidng cyebrtron in ur version, sry for my bad english

10. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    megs wasn't on Cybertron he was on board the Nemesis on Mars, so you need to retitle that one unless i missed some new information that shows that was Cybertron

11. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    he went to oen fo saturn moons in the movie, whiel the comcsi and novel he gsoes to mars

12. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    okay either way it needs a retitle

13. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    I think the fallen might have been stronger in the past, and got beaten easily because he was older.

14. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Nemesis huh, well I guess I'm not too sure then on that one.

15. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    From what I understand, Orci and Kurtzman's version of the ROTF script was AMAZING, but a lot of it had to be cut out due to time constraints, and money constraints.

16. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But still, it doesn't explain why Megatron would serve him. There was no reference as to why in the film.

17. protocida

protocida Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Fallen is the first Decepticon. Megatron shares his visions of cybertronian supremacy over those pathetic organic insects.

18. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    I like this.

19. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Misleading title!