Optimus's skill

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by AutobotJazz1, Jan 2, 2012.

1. AutobotJazz1

AutobotJazz1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I want to say something about Optimus that you'll probably wont like. I dont think he was all that much of a badass. Okay, in transformers 1 he needed Sams help to kill Megatron because he was getting mauled by Megs. In Rotf he was kicking Decepticon tailpipe, but he still needed Jetfires parts to defeat The Fallen and Megatron. I will admit that, but in Dotm he got nearly killed by Sentinel. My point is Optimus always seems to have to get some type of help to beat the main antagonist.

2. MPrime10

MPrime10 Boomsticks.

No offense but...

If Optimus didn't need any help, why would he need to be with the Autobots instead of rolling out solo.

I kind of think in Tf1 it wasn't for Optimus to be weak, but to show that Sam was a hero.

In ROTF, well he had to have help. Ratchet couldn't do anything in time.
    Jetfire's parts were a quick way to bring him back.
    The Matrix revived him. It didn't fully heal him.

In DOTM, I think Megatron's help was used to make a path for Megatron's truce.

Optimus didn't want that path.

3. AutobotJazz1

News Credits:
    Heh i never thought it that way.

4. AutobotJazz1

News Credits:
    He just seemed so weak sometimes. Thats why i said this.

5. noblekale

noblekale There can be only one!

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    A fun parallel between movie 1 and movie 3. Optimus does NOT want to deliver the fatal blow to either of the antagonists. If you notice, Prime tries to talk Megatron into not using the Allspark, and find a peaceful solution. In movie 3, he tries to convince Sentinel he's down the wrong path. Both times, he has to be shown that others are tired and willing to do what it takes, before he finally does something. Except in Dark of the Moon, it's like he basically says "I'm sick and tired of this, fuck it, I'm done" and just gives into the Primal (pardon the pun) rage and anger. It made Prime's character, and made him seem slightly more like the character we know. Try peace above all else.

6. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    THANK YOU!

So many people I know where pissed when Optimus went overkill on Megatron instead of accepting the truce. It may have been overkill but it was justified to how extremely pissed off he was. so thank you for proving this point.

jD001

7. Minh'T

Minh'T Descendant of Primus

Facebook:
    What a silly question, the good guy always need help to defeat the enemy, they will never defeat buy themself. That's what friends for, the Bad guy doesn't have any friend to back them up

8. Megatron276

Megatron276 destroyer

its a movie. they have to overpower the good guys, even the ones who suck(hint..hint.. bumblebee, ratchet) optimus is till weak to me in tf 1 you all know what happens rotf he needed jetfire or megaton and the fallen would have kicked his ass. And in dotm he got completely owned by sentinel(which was one of the coolest characters in dotm) but then like i said the good guys are always overpowered and he catches megaton completely off guard. that is primes skill(oh and for the optimus bitches spinning around and killing on-screen cannon fodder is not skill) and yes yes he killed shockwave........not without help.

9. AutobotJazz1

News Credits:
    I dont think shockwave was worth crap. He wad as useless as drillerbot and devastator. Prime got that kill to easy anyway >:

10. topspin408

topspin408 Dino's Role Model

What's up with all the Optimus haters???? Show some respect already he's the head of the autobots! Without him I wouldn't have been surprised if the cons won.

11. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Lets not start on this.

12. FeelingLuckyPnk

FeelingLuckyPnk Decepticon Punks!

Megatron kinda caught him off-guard in ROTF and stabbed him through his chest.

13. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    :gen069:  And if he defeated everyone in all three movies by himself, then people would be complaining. Honestly, very few people - if any - think Optimus is weak because 1.) Sam used the AllSpark to kill Megatron, 2.) Used Jetfire's parts in RotF and 3.) Got his butt handed to him by his mentor, a skilled and intelligent warrior. NO ONE.

This. And I :lol  at that last part.

But mostly THIS! There's been so many arguments on this matter...

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Again, just because you're not 100% invincible does not make you weak. The strongest man alive can still die from a gunshot.

15. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    :tumbleweed: 

16. jazz_123

jazz_123 Banned

All I see in Optimus skills is brute force and torture with him aiming at the head all the time and decapitating his enemies

17. MPrime10

MPrime10 Boomsticks.

Lol thanks. I dint realize that it sounded like a joke until I read that part again.