Optimus92x

Discussion in 'Junkion Exchange Feedback' started by Baltan, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

For any wondering, optimus92x has also tried to sell his wares elsewhere in the TF community as well. Specifically, I did notice his trade thread on Seibertron and linked to his locked trade thread here.

I'm not sure why I was singled out, probably because I was aware of him and posted in the thread, but I just received this PM from him over there.

I'd say that's quite indicative of the fact that he's not being legit about any of this. I would have kept this within his other threads, but they all appear to be locked at the moment.

2. KING KONVOY

KING KONVOY Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don’t waste your time!

He asked if he could pay with a money order and I reluctantly accepted under specific terms. One of those terms included a tracking/delivery confirmation number. He claimed that he sent the money order via UPS but he couldn’t find the receipt. He told me the money order would take 11 days to arrive. I continued to encourage him to find the receipt and one day he told me that he left it at his father’s house and planned to give me number shortly. Needless to say he never gave me a tracking number and the money order never came. When I continued questioning, he said,

He wasted my time and lied many times. That is my experience with Optimus92x.

If you read his sales thread then you will see that others believe he is providing false information.

3. Clutchburn

Clutchburn Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    This guy made my spider sense tingle since day 1, something didn't seem right. Especially after he put up wanted ads for any and all Optimus Primes but had most Primes for sale in his other thread. That and the BT rumble he had for sale. Hopefully nobody lost money or goods.

4. spadesss

spadesss Well-Known Member

Chosen...He did emailed me with that same message, asking me to email that member and pass on his message.

And another thing...
    I had a deal going with optimus92x a month ago. he claimed not to have a Paypal account and we decided to go with western union (would have been my 1st time doing a transaction with WU). he is in Uk and I an in the states. I didn't want to wait for anythignt to clear. I waited and waited and followed up countless times. he replied with "i will do it tonight" everytime. i finally give up and told him "final call." he replied with 'i am no longer interested." he didn't have the decency to notified me straight up.

this guy had the nerve to ask me to send him the pacakge 1st before he pays.
    i thought he was kidding but i replied to him with a proper "no thanks, i must get pay 1st like any other deal."

watch out for this guy.

5. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    FYI, seller Optimus92x was banned from this site.

6. Darkhawk79

Darkhawk79 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I had a deal with him going where i was trading some G1 stuff like combiners and what not and i was getting a few E-hobbys in return plus some other stuff. He told me he was going to get a shipping quote so he can send it. I told him to send his first as he had no feedback on the boards or anywhere else and i had positive feedback here and on ebay. He agreed to that and has been in contact with me ever since. I didn't lose anything but time on this deal, who knows what's going on.

7. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

I assumed that's why he'd waste my time with a PM.

Although I seriously doubt it considering the confusion and instability over there at the moment, hopefully he'll be banned from Seibertron as well. As far as I know, nobody's actually initiated a deal with him there.

EDIT: Seeing as this is now in the Feedback section, allow me to chime in with my own experience, brief as it was.

Optimus92x contacted me, of course, about a deal for some of my Beast Wars figures. He clearly appeared to be an amateur at it, which was why I was hesitant, but I thought it might be ok regardless. I gave him a list of what I wanted from his thread, but demanded pictures or some verification of having them, once I noticed the "Alternators Rumble (Takara)" listed in his thread.

Never got a PM since.

8. oddobot

oddobot carpe diem all diem long

Ebay:
    Damn I had a deal pending with the guy, he was going to send a MO for $30 american and all the Skywarp parts I needed, for my Armada Optimus Prime and Thundercracker, I thought he was legit, damn glad I asked him to send first!!

9. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:

GOOD. I had a TON Of Gundam parts that I "thought" I was finally going to sell, but something gave me the bad feeling he was a deadbeat. He said we was sending a money order to me, and after that, I never heard from him again.

What I, and I think everyone else should be concerned with, is if we gave him our addresses to send money orders or checks etc...

10. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

All I gotta say is that people need to do more research on potential buyers/sellers (as much as they can) - ask for references! Don't have one? Then maybe don't deal (I'm talking e-bay, other sites, etc.) even if the dal is great. This guy had con written all over him. That BT Rumble post REALLY made my con sense burn (anybody got a soothing gel for that?)! I sincerely hope the poeple who did give this waste money are able to get it back.

11. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop!

Great, just great. Good thing I gave him a intermeadiary address. Come to think of it, and looking back, there where signs he was a flake. (Aybody know how to cancel a money order?)

12. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

It's easy if it's a postal money order. Just bring the stub with the number on it (I hope you kept that), or the whole thing if you can get it from this intermediary, and request a refund from the post office. It'll take time to process the request, about a month, not sure if it'll be so long if you're bringing the full MO, but you'll get a check for the amount minus some fee to process the refund. You won't be refunded the rate to purchase the MO, at least I wasn't.

Yeah, really. For the most part, only the less experienced sellers seemed to get instantly duped by this guy and the rest of us lost nothing but time.

13. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    Damn. Good work!