Optimus Vs The Fallen & Megatron is still the best fight scene...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by D3ADZ0N3, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Honorbound

Honorbound The Reclusive Semi-Lurker

While I do like how this fight showed just how vicious Optimus is in a fight, I have to agree with the consensus and say that it's not the best fight. The Bayverse franchise's best fight is undoubtedly the forest fight.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

Yup the forest fight is by far the best in the franchise.

• Like Like x 1
  3. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee I must be some kind of nut...

I disagree. It's over way too soon for someone who's supposed to be the guy Megatron defers to, and Megatron and the Fallen barely get a hit in. It's pretty much Optimus Prime playing the ROTF video game with all the cheat codes.

I prefer what we got in Last Knight, because we at least weren't lead to believe it was the final time the two main participants in the fight (Optimus and the Fallen in ROTF, Optimus and Megatron in TLK) would meet (and you got the bonus of all the Autobots coming together and fighting Megatron in harmony with each other). Although the TLK fight is shorter, Megatron still puts up more of a fight. He knocks Hound down, shakes Bumblebee off his back, and even after losing his arm, he still manages to pin Optimus. On re-watches, I feel more investment in the TLK fight than the ROTF fight.

That said, the best fight scene in the movies is the Forest Battle, with every participant getting at least a few hits in, and while you do have Optimus Prime kicking butt and growling smack, he isn't invincible and does take damage even before he's killed. Even the hi-and-die character Grindor gets a few shots in. It's an exhilarating fight with a satisfying, though tragic, payoff.

• Like Like x 3
  4. ultramagnus1

ultramagnus1 Well-Known Member

I still get chills from this fight and the full quote

"You'll never stop at one. I'll take you all on"

And he really does.

And again later

"Useless piece of tin" or something like that when he destroys grindor

• Like Like x 3