Optimus vs Megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Megatom, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Megatom

Megatom Member

This has probably been done over and over, but who do you think would win in a straight up fair fight (hand to hand combat). I'd say Megatron, he kicked Optimus's ass in TF1 and the only reason Optimus beat him in ROTF was because he got jetfire's parts. Also in DOTM Megatron was still badly wounded from the events in ROTF so couldn't really put up much of a fight.

What are your thoughts?

2. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    Megatron.......he could use his Hobo Shotgun to shoot his arms up......then just like.....his OP's own axe and take OP's own face.:) 

3. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Assuming Megatron with his first movie body, and in a landscape with no obstructions?

Optimus Prime all day erry day. I think Prime was losing in the first movie because he was such a crowded and populated area. Plus Megs couldn't do shit to Prime in the second movie, even with two other guys. Only reason he won was because Optimus Prime was also focusing on protecting Sam. Third movie, the ten second fight speaks for itself. Prime only had one arm for crap's sake.

4. comacaz

comacaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yea.... I'm gonna vote Prime. I mean, Megatron is pretty strong and all. But just as Bountyan stated, in TF2, he was owning up Grindor, Starscream, AND Megatron all at once. Pretty BA if you ask me.

5. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

I agree that Optimus can't be beaten by anyone but his teacher who obviously know at least as much as him and in this case more. That's what I hate about this Prime.

6. Minh'T

Minh'T Descendant of Primus

Facebook:
    His energon level is low, that makes him weak, remember he has some rust on his body in ROTF?

7. jle1076

jle1076 Well-Known Member

What the hell movie were you watching? lolol Optimus beat the shit out of Megatron, Starscream and Blackout at the same time and Megatron had to come up from a behind and shoot him in the back. Optimus didnt want to kill megatron in the first movie because he was his "brother"

8. thien425

thien425 Well-Known Member

I love how everyone makes excuses as to why Optimus got the shit kicked out of him in movie 1, but the actual answer for it is Megatron is a far more experienced fighter (notice how he takes Jazz away from the action to finish the job) than Optimus, he knows how to go in and if the odds look in his favor he will follow through and beat the crap out of anyone in his way. In ROTF Megatron couldn't do shit. Why? Because they wanted to make Optimus LOOK like a badass. Also Megatron calling in reinforcements that early in the battle was straight up ridiculous. At the end of the movie he couldn't do shit because again they wanted Prime to appear badass. In DOTM everyone says "oh hes battle damaged and he can't fight", um did you guys see him completely trash Sentinel? Sure he attacked him off guard, but that is the same thing Optimus did to Megatron. Did Megatron get weaker? Most likely not. Did Optimus get stronger? Doubt it. It all came down to writing scenes that they thought would be cool, but they didn't know that the thing that would have been the coolest shit ever would have been Optimus vs Megatron hand to hand for like 10 minutes........ which Megatron would win. Megatron is better than prime in every way, but his other forms weren't exactly as agile as his movie 1 form.

9. Autobot Stinger

Autobot Stinger Decepticon in Disguise..

In my opinion,

Movie 1 : Optimus couldnt fight back well because of crowded area and not hurt innocent.

Movie 2 : Optimus beat the hell out of Megatron, Starscream and Grindor all at the same time ! Here we witness his true power.

Movie 3 : It wasnt fair even if Prime had 1 arm, Megatron was falling apart and Optimus got him by surprise.

10. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

The first movie I thought they were pretty evenly matched. Sure they did some things that kind of made Megatron look bigger and badder, but it kind of reminded me of the Rocky movie where Rocky has to beat the big Russian.

Second movie it felt like they went from evenly matched to Prime being too powerful. Megatron's only chance is to hit Prime when he's not looking because Megatron seems unable to go toe to toe with Prime any more.

By the third film Megatron is so weak that it feels like even with only one arm it was far too easy for Prime to beat Megatron. The only bad guy really kicking butt in the third film was a former Autobot so the Autobots have gotten so powerful only another Autobot has a chance at beating them.

11. Optimum1996

Optimum1996 Insert something here

Optimus would win...he took on 3 freaking decepticons for cryin' out loud, plus Megatron only beat him in that fight since Optimus was shouting for Sam (who didn't have the courtesy to say "I'M HERE!") so Megatron stabbed him in the back.

12. thien425

Starscream took on Ratchet and Ironhide at the same time and brought them to their knees, yet in the second and third films he couldn't do shit.

13. Koolimus Prime

Koolimus Prime Weapons Expert

Optimus. Did you SEE the ROTF Forest Battle?

14. NEST SOLDIER

NEST SOLDIER IRONHIDE'S DRIVER

Looking at this realisitically, A Prime is far more powerful than any other Cybertronian. I would think the only reason that Optimus lost in the first movie was that his Energon levels were depleted.

In the second film, we see Optimus taking on Megatron, Starscream, and Grindor all at once, and he would have killed Megatron had he not been concerned with Sam's wellbeing.

Also, Jetfire states that only a Prime could defeat the Fallen, who himself is a Prime. So it would seem reasonable that only a Prime could defeat Optimus. That forest battle probably drained his already depleted energon levels even further, giving way to his defeat.

In the third film, I think we see Optimus portayed as someone who is pushed over the edge by Sentinel's betrayl, and decides that it's time to finish the fight by showing no mercy to the cons.

I believe that when Optimus is at his strongest, that he cannot be killed by another bot except for a Prime.

15. thien425

Fixed.

16. thien425

Um...... wtf are you talking about?

17. thien425

Also the original primes could only be killed by each other, Optimus and Sentinel aren't actual primes, they just have those names inspired by the original primes. So technically the Fallen shouldn't have died at the hands of Optimus. Megatron i believe also derived his name from one of the original primes, so that'd be like saying Megatron is a prime; it is just a name like Dr., or Mr...... Primes were just leader figures, its not heritage.

18. Fifam94

Fifam94 GO AIR FORCE

This. Hater's gon' hate, but it's true. Bay/Hasbro just wants to sell more Optimus toys. . . That's why they made him so badass, and "strong".

19. Fifam94

Fifam94 GO AIR FORCE

And also this.

20. thien425

Finally someone with more than half a brain that understands what i'm saying.... you sir are awesometacular