Optimus Vader

Discussion in 'Junkion Exchange Feedback' started by oxidative, Oct 27, 2010.

1. oxidative

oxidative last chance to evacuate

Happy to be the first to report feedback with Optimus Vader as the seller:

Picked up a Universe Hardhead for a very reasonable price (these days!) and an Animated Elite Guard Bumblebee (it was cheap :D ). Great communications, easy to work with, fantastic packing. Thanks a lot!

2. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    OV just gave me a very good deal on some items I've wanted for awhile. Great communication and prompt shipping...I'd deal with him again. Oh, and his vocabulary is excellent. ;) 

3. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    no nonsense buyer, recommended!

4. Prowl4680

Prowl4680 SuperCool Autobot Dude!!

Smooth dealings with Optimus Vader. Fast shipping and the package was bulletproof! Scratch one more off the want list! Thanks! :thumbs2: 

5. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    Smooth transaction with Optimus Vader, went out of his way to ensure that I get my package safely, great seller and excellent communication, A++++

6. Big_Truk_Convoy

Big_Truk_Convoy Transforming is the gimik

I sold OpVader some MOTUC greyskull stands. Very smooth and easy transaction. I appreciate the business. Highly recommended.

thanks again!

7. joshua

joshua Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Bought a MOTUC figure from me, very pleased with this deal! Great communication, great buyer!

8. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Great transaction with this guy, great at communication and shipped fast! Would highly reccomend/do business with again!

9. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Optimus Vader bought a MOTUC figure from me. He paid quickly and was great about communication. Good guy, I'd totally deal with him again as a buyer or seller!

10. bigkid24

bigkid24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cool buyer. Good communication and smooth dealings.

11. Victorysabre

Victorysabre Born to Transform

News Credits:
    Dude rocks! Shipped fast and well packed. ROCK ON!

12. Red Hope

Red Hope Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I purchased two Animated figures from Optimus Vader. He was just awesome. Fast service, very reasonable shipping, and great to chat with. Thank you much and hope to buy from you again! :) 

13. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    perfect buyer and friend.
    bought 2 figs from me, easy and fast communication and very pleasing to communicate with,,,very highly recommend

14. squeezeplay

squeezeplay Vegan Truth

Here's what happened when I tried to deal with Optimus Vader. If this situation is resolved to my satisfaction, I'll be happy for this to be deleted:

Here's the weirdest thing that's happened to me in a long time, maybe even in 10 or so years of online dealing.

Some of you may know me from having traded with me, many more probably just from my posts in the DC Universe thread. I believe most of you who I've traded with like me or are at least indifferent. A few of you might hate me for reasons you can get into later if you are inclined. But you should all know by now that I have never "taken someone's trade items and not sent a package in return". At least, until now. This incident begins with Optimus Vader's post about his GL 5-pack:

1.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

03-03-2011, 12:10 PM #9462
    Optimus Vader
    Herald of Unicron

Collection Count: About 70.

Does anyone have a DCUC Riddler (the hat and suit version) for sale or trade? Loose and complete is all I need. I don't have much to offer in a trade (GL 5 pack Guy Gardner, Tomar-Re, and John Stewart), but if the price isn't ridiculous I'd be interested.

2.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wanting an extra Guy and Tomar for trade bait, I naturally PMed him asking if he'd be into trading them:

3.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Private Message:

Deleted by Colin Wright as per forum rules

4.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Private Message:

5.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Private Message:

6.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At this point he PMed me his email address and I emailed him my entire haves and wants. He replied as follows (I added the "Ken" and "Colin" for ease of reading and took out our email addys. I also added numbers to this post to make it easier for you to find a particular section once you have read the entire thing):

7.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ken M to me
    Mar 1
    Wow, that is some list you have there. I'm not going to lie, half of it confused the hell out of me with all the acronyms and various lines (I'm new to DC collecting), but I'll throw this at you and see what you have or can do..

- DCUC Riddler (hat wearing version or spandex version, open or loose, as long as he's complete)
    - DCUC Penguin (didn't see him on your list, but I could've missed him)
    - DCUC Deathstroke (with mask)

I'm really only interested in the more mainstream guys from the more mainstream lines like Batman, Superman, GL, Justice League characters. I have DCUC Kyle, Hal, Superman, Batman, Joker... so there's still a lot I want.

8.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Having an extra loose wave 5 Riddler with cane, as well as an extra sealed reissue I decided that Riddler would be a fine trade for Guy and Tomar:

9.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Colin Wright to Ken
    Mar 1
    On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 1:25 PM, Ken M. <email withheld by Colin> wrote:

Ken's quote:
    Wow, that is some list you have there.

Colin:
    Lol. Yep.

Ken:
    I'm not going to lie, half of it confused the hell out of me with all the acronyms and various lines (I'm new to DC collecting),

Colin:
    Here's a key to help:

BAF = Build-A-Figure
    C&C = Collect And Connect
    DCSH = DC Superheroes
    DCUC = DC Universe Classics
    DCD = DC Direct
    FFM = Fantastic Four movie
    FFML = Hasbro's FF Legends
    FO = Face-Offs
    H = Hasbro
    HC = Hulk Classics
    HL = Hasbro's Hulk Legends
    LCBH = Legendary Comic Book Heroes
    ML = Marvel Legends
    MS = Marvel Select
    SHS = SuperHero Showdown
    SMC = Spider-Man Classics
    SMT = Spider-Man Trilogy
    TB = Toy Biz
    TP = Two-Pack
    MIP = figure is mint in it's package
    MOC = mint on blister card
    NM = near mint
    so MINMP would be a mint figure in a near mint clamshell/box etc., whereas MIP or MOC would be a mint figure in possibly a damaged package, possibly a mint one though.

Ken:
    but I'll throw this at you and see what you have or can do..

- DCUC Riddler (hat wearing version or spandex version, open or loose, as long as he's complete)

Colin:
    So a DCUC5 Riddler mint figure with cane for both Guy and Tomar is doable?

Ken:
    - DCUC Penguin (didn't see him on your list, but I could've missed him)

Colin:
    Nope, don't have him right now.

Ken:
    - DCUC Deathstroke (with mask)

Colin:
    You should grab the All-Star Deathstroke. You should be able to either find him at retail or online, at various forums/eBay etc.

Ken:
    I'm really only interested in the more mainstream guys from the more mainstream lines like Batman, Superman, GL, Justice League characters. I have DCUC Kyle, Hal, Superman, Batman, Joker... so there's still a lot I want.

Colin:
    Right on.

10.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ken M to me
    Mar 1
    Sounds good to me. I won't be able to get to the Post Office until this Sat morning (I work a 9-5). Here's my shipping address. Thanks for the acronymn key!

Address
    withheld
    by Colin

11.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Colin Wright to Ken
    Mar 1

Ken:
    On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 1:58 PM, Ken M <email withheld by Colin> wrote:
    Sounds good to me. I won't be able to get to the Post Office until this Sat morning (I work a 9-5). Here's my shipping address. Thanks for the acronymn key!

Address
    withheld
    by Colin

Colin:
    Ok, cool.

Here's mine:

Colin Wright
    blah blah St.
    blah blah city/state
    blah blah zip

I'll send out as soon as I receive the figures.

Thanks!

Colin

12.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ken M to me
    Mar 2

You might have lost me. Do you want to come up with a "we'll both ship by this date," and provide a DC/tracking #, or just pass? I have a few pages of positive feedback on TFW2005, but I'd rather not just blindly ship figs. The last time I did that I got screwed (fabexmax of TFW2005) by a jackass. The $ (cost of figs) isn't the issue, I just rather avoid the hassle. Let me know if you're ok with that. No hard feelings either way. Thanks.

13.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, at this point I had a little *ping* on my shady-radar. Not really big enough to say "don't deal with this guy" but then, a lot of times I don't really listen to my instincts, and it usually gets me into trouble. You see, I KNOW fabexmax:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/junkion-exchange-feedback/116010-fabexmax.html

I don't see fabexmax ripping anyone off on purpose.

Anyway, I decided to send him this:

14.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Colin Wright to Ken
    Mar 2 (13 days ago)
    How many feedback do you have?

15.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ken M to me
    Mar 2 (13 days ago)
    Here you go: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/junkion-exchange-feedback/334448-optimus-vader.html

It's your call.

16.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ken M to me
    Mar 3 (13 days ago)
    Do you want to do this, or rather pass?

17.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Colin Wright to Ken
    Mar 3 (12 days ago)

I was out all day today.

I have been online for around 10 years and in that time have gathered around 1000+ feedback from 500-600 ppl on around 15-20 forums. If I give you all those references would you feel more secure sending first?

18.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ken M to me
    Mar 3 (12 days ago)
    Don't worry about your references, I'll send the figs this Sat. I'd say it should arrive at your address by Tue-Wed. I'll send you a DC tomorrow, please do the same when you send The Riddler.

19.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, at this point I suppose another little shady ping should have gone off. I mean, why would someone protest so vehemently, only to give in WITHOUT seeing the references so debated over? Again, I failed to listen to my gut, let's read on:

20.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Colin Wright to Ken
    Mar 3 (12 days ago)

Ken:
    On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 10:25 PM, Ken M wrote:
    Don't worry about your references, I'll send the figs this Sat.

Colin:
    Thanks!

Ken:
    I'd say it should arrive at your address by Tue-Wed. I'll send you a DC tomorrow,

Colin:
    Sounds good.

Ken:
    please do the same when you send The Riddler.

Colin:
    Yup, will do. I will send the day after they arrive, unless they arrive on Sat. afternoon.

Thanks!

Colin

21.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ken M to me
    Mar 3 (12 days ago)

Cool.

Thanks,
    Ken

22.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ken M to me
    Mar 3 (12 days ago)
    Colin, I just realized I said I'd have a DC tomorrow.. I meant Sat (been a long week). I work a 9-5 so getting to the Post Office during the week is tough. Saturday mornings are my shipping days for this stuff. I'll be in touch.

Ken

23.-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Colin Wright to Ken
    Mar 5 (11 days ago)

Ken:
    On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 10:40 PM, Ken M wrote:
    Colin, I just realized I said I'd have a DC tomorrow.. I meant Sat (been a long week). I work a 9-5 so getting to the Post Office during the week is tough. Saturday mornings are my shipping days for this stuff. I'll be in touch.

Colin
    No problem!

I'm pretty busy as well.

24.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ken M to me
    Mar 5 (11 days ago)
    Guy, Tomar-Re, and their Lanterns shipped this morning. ETA is this Monday. Your USPS DC is 03092880000236335648.

Thanks,
    Ken

25.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: He attached this pic:

[​IMG]

26.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Colin Wright to Ken
    Mar 5 (11 days ago)

Ken:
    On Sat, Mar 5, 2011 at 2:40 PM, Ken M wrote:
    Guy, Tomar-Re, and their Lanterns shipped this morning. ETA is this Monday. Your USPS DC is 03092880000236335648.

Colin:
    Thanks!

I forgot to ask, jooc, are they coming with lanterns?

27.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ken M to me
    Mar 5 (11 days ago)

Of course they are :) 

28.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Colin Wright to Ken
    Mar 5 (11 days ago)

Ken:
    On Sat, Mar 5, 2011 at 2:44 PM, Ken M wrote:
    Of course they are :) 

Colin:
    Lol. I hadda ask, cause some people keep the dark green lanterns for their own GL customs etc. (which I do).

Even if you were keeping the lanterns the deal would still be fine with me. But I'm very happy to get them. I have exactly 2 guys now that need them (Med. and Naut.).

Thanks again!

29.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ken M to me
    Mar 5 (11 days ago)
    You should've told me.. I would've sent you 2 more. If we do any more deals after this one, remind me.

30.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Colin Wright to Ken
    Mar 5 (10 days ago)

Ken:
    On Sat, Mar 5, 2011 at 2:56 PM, Ken M wrote:
    You should've told me.. I would've sent you 2 more. If we do any more deals after this one, remind me.

Colin:
    Thanks!

You got a complete want-list or haves list? We can definitely work on a second deal right now if you want.

31.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ken M to me
    Mar 5 (10 days ago)
    I don't, but my DCUC list is pretty short because I just got into that line about two months ago. I also collect TF's, Marvel Universe, and MOTUC. I'm also the type that if a fig from a line I don't care about catches me, I'll usually buy it, so I have a lot of misc things from impulse buys. My fiance is away for the weekend so I'm pretty much sitting around playing with toys and watching TV this weekend (I could get used to this--maybe I'll change the locks haha), so I'll create a list of things later today and send it over either tonight or tomorrow.

Sorry to ruffle your feathers about the shipping stuff the other day.. I'm still pissed about being screwed over from some other guy, so I'm a little more cautious these days.

I'll be in touch.

32.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Colin Wright to Ken
    Mar 5 (10 days ago)

Ken:
    On Sat, Mar 5, 2011 at 3:11 PM, Ken M wrote:
    I don't, but my DCUC list is pretty short because I just got into that line about two months ago. I also collect TF's, Marvel Universe, and MOTUC.

Colin:
    Well, I never said you had to send a DC UNIVERSE list... ^_^

Ken:
    I'm also the type that if a fig from a line I don't care about catches me, I'll usually buy it, so I have a lot of misc things from impulse buys.

Colin:
    I hear that! I have to control myself!

Ken:
    My fiance is away for the weekend so I'm pretty much sitting around playing with toys and watching TV this weekend (I could get used to this--maybe I'll change the locks haha),

Colin:
    Lol!

Ken:
    so I'll create a list of things later today and send it over either tonight or tomorrow.

Colin:
    Sweet.

Ken:
    Sorry to ruffle your feathers about the shipping stuff the other day.. I'm still pissed about being screwed over from some other guy, so I'm a little more cautious these days.

Colin:
    Dude, I didn't even have a second thought about it! Don't worry!

33.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, here's where it gets weird. On March 7th I recieved the package. It looked exactly like his pic he sent, all wrapped up in clear packing tape. So I started to open it. I actually had a somewhat tough time getting through all the tape to begin with, but once I started to get through, I noticed the smell. THE SMELL. It was HORRENDOUS. My mom was across the room, and she even gagged from way over there. It was like a mix of manure and tobacco spit. I paused for a couple minutes to talk to her about it, and she agreed I should open it outside.

Once I got past all the tape, I looked inside the box. There were 2 plastic shopping bags bundled up inside. I opened the first one, to find Guy Gardner COVERED IN SOME KIND OF DISGUSTING SUBSTANCE, and reeking of that abominable odor. I mean, he was COVERED in whatever it was. It looked like someone had taken a pile of manure and spit tobacco spit in it for about a year, then shoved him in there and left him for a week, and then taken a handful of that whatever it was, with him in it, and poured it into the plastic bag. The bottom of the bag was literally full of that crap.

I was barely able to keep down my lunch. Puting that bag aside, I looked at the other one. It had Tomar in it with none of that stuff but still reeking of the horrible odor.

Pretty much reeling with shock, I decided I better get away from the smell so I could think straight. I put the stuff from the package down and went back inside the house. My mom and I discussed it a little and I went back outside and showed her the bag with the dirty figure in it. At this point I took a couple pics of Guy on my bathroom sink to document all of this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

At this point I probably did something stupid when I decided to wash off the figures and see if I could salvage them from that smell. I hit Guy with a blast from the garden hose to start. Once most of that disgusting crap was off him, I brought them both inside and ran them under the bathroom tap, medium-hot. Then I got out one of the old toothbrushes I use to clean figures. I scrubbed Guy like a fiend, then again with some toothpaste from the extra tube I keep for these kinds of occasions. I repeated the same deal with Tomar. After a couple toothpaste scrubbings each I wrapped them both in dryer sheets, which as many people may know, is the best way to take out cigarrette smoke (not my first time doing this, I get smoky figures from people every once in a while). After they were wrapped in the sheets I threw them in a ziploc to sit for a while.

Once the figures were taken care of, I decided, once again probably stupidly, to get rid of the bag with the dirt-like crap in it. But I just couldn't stand the smell, even in my open backyard. I could barely stand holding it long enough to throw it away. I threw the plastic bags and the clear tape with the address stuck to it in the trash outside, and left the box in my yard to air out, thinking maybe I could use it for some cardboard recycling or something. It's there right now.

You may or may not know, but if you open a package, you can't mark it "return to sender", it has to still be sealed as when it arrived. Which comes into play soon. Let's read on shall we?

34.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ken M to me
    Mar 8 (8 days ago)
    Guy and Tomar should've arrived yesterday. Got it?

Thanks,
    Ken

35.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Colin Wright to Ken
    Mar 8 (8 days ago)

Ken:
    On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 6:16 AM, Ken M wrote:
    Guy and Tomar should've arrived yesterday. Got it?

Colin:
    I have only one thing to ask you.

What the hell was that smell?!?!?!

36.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ken M to me
    Mar 8 (8 days ago)
    They smell? I actually opened the GL 5-pack just to get those out to ship (I was going to open it, just hadn't got to it yet), so they were sealed in their package until the night before I shipped them. If they smell you can send them back to me.

37.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, so at this point I'm thinking there's one of 2 possibilities here. Either:

1. The guy sent them clean, and someone else opened the package, put that disgusting, horrendous mixture in there, and re-sealed it, sending it on to me.

or 2. This guy is seriously pissed off at me for some reason, and he's doing a decent job of acting like he doesn't know what is going on, to decieve me.

Now, if he WAS guily, you gotta ask yourself, would he actually admit it on being pressed? Or would he play like he was innocent? What would it gain him to admit to it. I went on the presumption that I had to treat the situation as if he was deceiving me.

I decided to lie to "Optimus Vader", to spin him a yarn through email. I did this for two reasons. One, to gauge his reaction. You can tell a lot about someone by how they react when you throw them off balance. Two, to gain a little time for me to think about what my next move should be. I know it looks bad, lying to him, but at the time I felt it was really my best strategic move. I figured either he'd come back with a courteous response (if he was innocent) or rudeness (in my experience a sign of guilt).

I won't even get into the saga of one scumbag named Chris Baran, who took hundreds of dollars in people toys (including mine) and left the state of Connecticut, who now lives in Philly. A scumbag who would love to perpetrate exactly this kind of thing. I won't mention how thoughts that this could be the same guy ran through my head. You can ask Octane about the history Chris and I have, he was a part of that whole debacle (on my side).

I should give you guys a little backstory at this point. I've been trading online for maybe OVER 10 years now. I was a member of TNI BEFORE it was TNI, when it was still American Dream Comics. I was trading on the Joe and TF Newsgroups when those were the BEST places to trade, even before the Fwoosh had come into being.

I have literally done over 1000 deals online (I have the references and other related info to back this up). And probably another 1000 with local people. Through it all I have tried to maintain my rep. as a fair and honest person. I have tried to deal with adversity with logic, strategy, and calmness, although I admit I have sometimes failed. I may be hard to deal with at times, mainly because I refuse to take any crap. This includes people who think they can rip me off, people who think they can mock me, people who think they're going to get away with ignoring my questions, so they can send me damaged goods, or for whatever reason (some of you know what I'm saying). Indeed, people who think they are going to run roughshod over my feelings in any way, shape or form.

I have had long, sad experience with that sort of thing. On more than one occasion I've been banned from a website over me flaming someone for some evil $4!7 that THEY did TO ME. I've had clever people do things that they probably knew would provoke me into getting banned, and stupid people probably luck their way into it.

In fact I've just had several people publicly assrape me on one site, and when I fought back, I was banned. You may be able to rape me, but I refuse to bend over for it. I'll go down swinging every time.

Once again, ask Octane. He's seen most of it and stood right next to me through it all. The fact that he's always lived within 15 miles or so has helped, since he could just come over to my house and verify many things that would be impossible through the 'net.

The funny part is, I've probably traded more immediately AFTER being banned from somewhere than right before it, due to the large number of sympathetic traders who have also been unjustly banned from sites like those.

If anyone wants to hear some horror stories, just email me at squeezeplay69@gmail.com (As long as any communication is polite. Any flames will simply get you blocked), or AIM ID: Squeezeplay1, or YIM: greathead69. I'll be happy to tell you all about it. Hell, I have unlimited free long distance, if you want to email or PM your number, I'd even be happy to discuss all this with anyone on the phone, which is exactly the same thing I told one of the mods here.

Also, I will go to GREAT LENGTHS to attempt to figure out how to get someone to trip up and expose their own folly.

Which brings me to the next litte segment of this situation:

38.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Colin Wright to Ken
    Mar 8 (8 days ago)

Ken:
    On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 4:47 PM, Ken M wrote:
    They smell? I actually opened the GL 5-pack just to get those out to ship (I was going to open it, just hadn't got to it yet), so they were sealed in their package until the night before I shipped them. If they smell you can send them back to me.

Colin:
    The post office called me down there because they smelled it and they didn't want to open it. It smelled like a combination of cigarette smoke and manure. It was so strong you could small it through the box and tape. I took one whiff and told them to put "return to sender" on it.

It should make it back to you soon.

39.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now remember, this was a calculated move on my part. I was trying to gauge his reaction. What I got back seemed slightly fishy to me. Instead of trying to smooth over the situation, well...

40.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ken M to me
    Mar 8 (8 days ago)
    Is this a joke?

41.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Colin Wright to Ken
    Mar 8 (8 days ago)
    On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 10:34 PM, Ken M wrote:
    Is this a joke?

No, why?

42.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ken M to me
    Mar 9 (8 days ago)
    Because it seems made up. I don't smoke cigarettes, I don't live on a farm,.. or have a manure fetish. Those 2 figs were sealed in their GL package until 10 minutes before I packed them for you; and I just bought that GL set about 2-3 weeks prior to this trade we agreed on--that you started to begin with. I've sold numerous things from my personal collection and not a single person I've dealt with had anything other than very positive feedback. And why exactly would your post office open the package in the first place? Do they normally open your mail at the office? ..and call you? Thanks for wasting my time.

43.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At this point I stopped to consider whether I should even email him back at all. When I decided to cut off communication with someone, it's almost always because of only one thing: because to further communicate with them would gain me nothing. Seriously, what could be gained by talking yourself into a situation where you're open to someone else either laughing at your pain, or simply insulting you further.

It's pretty similar to what happened on this board with Jarodimus:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/junkion-exchange-feedback/231012-squeezeplay.html

He ignored it when I told him REPEATEDLY what I wanted, then told everyone *I* was to blame for HIS inability to read plain English.

You should understand, that over all my years of trading, in my experience, at least 6 times out of 10 in a situation in any way similar to this, no matter what I communicate to someone at this point, no matter what tone I use, be it angry, calm, or even humorous, I get exactly the same thing back, which is ridicule.

I have alot of pet peeves, but one of the biggest:

I DO NOT TOLERATE BEING RIDICULED.

I would really rather have my money outright stolen than have to listen to someone taunt me about how it was MY FAULT that it happened, or anything like that.

In that type os situation, there really is no good move for me besides cutting off all communication. It simply does not gain me anything to even reply. But, like an idiot, I thought I had to make one last try...

So anyway, I figured that maybe there was a way I could get to the bottom of this. My thinking was that maybe if I had him describe the way he packed the items, that I could find some fatal flaw in the whole debacle. Maybe, just maybe someone along the postal route had taken the package and opened it as I said, or... whatever. I figured, if anything was worth a shot, this was:

44.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Colin Wright to Ken
    Mar 9 (7 days ago)

Ken:
    On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 6:10 AM, Ken M wrote:
    Because it seems made up. I don't smoke cigarettes, I don't live on a farm,.. or have a manure fetish. Those 2 figs were sealed in their GL package until 10 minutes before I packed them for you; and I just bought that GL set about 2-3 weeks prior to this trade we agreed on--that you started to begin with. I've sold numerous things from my personal collection and not a single person I've dealt with had anything other than very positive feedback. And why exactly would your post office open the package in the first place? Do they normally open your mail at the office? ..and call you? Thanks for wasting my time.

Colin:
    Ok, I have one final question for you.

How did you pack this box? And don't leave out any details.

45.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ken M to me
    Mar 9 (7 days ago)
    Well the very first thing I did was completely lather up with manure. Then I put ten Camel no-filters in my mouth at one time and fired them all up. After that I was ready to pack some boxes to run over to The Post Office Saturday morning. What are you actually The Riddler now? Cmon man, this is ridiculous.. over what $15-$20 worth of toys. What are you asking me exactly? You want a blow by blow of how I packaged two action figures?

46.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, if he had taken my question seriously, and responded politely, I probably would have just packed up the 2 figures and sent them back. At most, I would have requested he pay the return shipping. But once you ridicule me, that's it. It's over.

I have no problem returning his items, provided HE MAKES A SINCERE APOLOGY on this board, and someone other than me pays to have them shipped back. I refuse, I'll say it again, louder this time, I REFUSE to spend one g***amn DIME of my own money to send these figures back. I don't care what happens aside from that, You can ban me, or whatever. If those 2 conditions are not met, I won't be sending jack$4!7.

Now here's his last email to me:

47.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ken M to me
    Mar 14 (3 days ago)
    Hey Riddler, I still haven't received my figures back. Are you such a bum that you're stealing $10-$15 worth of action figures? It's been a week since you've received them; it took two days for me to get them to you. Fucking loser.

48.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notice that not once did I ever curse him out or ridicule HIM?

49.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone who wants to reply to this message is welcome to. But any of you planning to reply with derision, denigration, ridicule, whatever you'd lie to call it: I won't be listening, and I won't reply. I know some of you may question whether I made all this up. I accept that it's ineveitable that you may do that. It does not change anything, because I know this is the truth. Anyone who would like to discuss it calmly and politely as I said, feel free to email me at squeezeplay69@gmail.com, or PM or IM me (but remember, PM box has a limit, much better to email or IM). I can call you on the phone if you so choose. I can even let you talk to my mom, who will verify what I've said here. Hell, if you can pay for me to visit you, I'll even take a polygraph. Seriously.

Also, once again, I will send back the 2 figures as long as this "Optimus Vader" apologizes publicly for the things he said, and someone pays for the shipping. A total of $5 via Paypal should cover it. Hell, if it's a mod or someone I've dealt with before favorably, I'd even let them wait 'til he receives the package before they Paypaled me.

But one thing I will NOT do it let someone take even so much as a PENNY of my money, while I bend over. I prefer to go down swingin'. Every time.

-----------------------------------------------Colin Wright

15. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

Purchased a MOTUC figure from me. The deal couldn't have been easier. Thanks!

16. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Bought a few DCUC Green Lantern figures from him. The transaction went super smooth. He shipped the figures as soon as I made payment. The figures arrived QUICKLY and in great shape. He did an awesome job packaging. I'm more then satisfied and plan on doing more busines with him in the future.

17. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Great guy to deal with! Easy transaction, paid right away. Thanks!

18. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I traded a C&C Bane arm for a Batman: The Animated Series Comabt Belt Batman. Everything went quickly and smoothly. I shipped first and gave him the tracking number, and he went out the next day and shipped my package before getting his own. I found that pretty great. So yeah, easy to deal with, quick shipping, and constantly stays in contact throughout the whole transaction.

I'd trade with him again any time.

19. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    awesome guy, extremely fast payment:thumbs2: 

20. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Bought a Jonah Hex figure from him at a great price, he shipped nice and quickly, everything went smoothly, no problems here!