Optimus' Trailer

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Jolt Customs, Dec 9, 2010.

1. Jolt Customs

Jolt Customs Seacon

do you think the DOTM optimus' trailer will get a toy....and if so what class

2. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You should specify which toy you have in mind for this trailer to go with. There have been many trailers in the past.

3. Jolt Customs

Jolt Customs Seacon

DOTM trailer and op

4. Rigas

Rigas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Since its Prime the Toy would need to be alteast Voyager, that would make the Trailer Gigantic to keep it in scale. I guess it boils down to how they use it in the movie. It might be just a trailer in the movie that Prime uses once or twice while driving and it may not even transform into the combat deck or anything.

5. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:
    Not sure how this will play out but I think we will only see Primes trailer in less or about half the movie,and one of the decep. blasts it and destroys it hence why Prime has no trailer,too easy to get damaged by the decepticons.

As for the toy,I wish Hasbro would do one for him but I don't think they will.But we will find out in a couple of months if they will or not at Toy Fair or Botcon.

6. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

If it does nothing in the movie, it would be great to see a legends sized one.

7. Eternalm

Eternalm Hasbro owns my Childhood

Ebay:
    I wonder if they won't have it for a new Prime mold, have it be a Leader or Supreme toy, but maybe the truck cab would only be deluxe sized

8. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd raher have a Voyager Prime with a cool trailer at a leader price than a leader Prime with a trailer at a Supreme Devastator price.

9. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

I think so. It's probably going to function as some sort of power-up armor, or maybe it houses Jetfire's bits.

10. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    I'm expecting a Voyager figure with a trailer to that scale sold at the same price point as Supreme Devastator from ROTF.

11. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That trailer had better have a button that gives women orgasms within 20 feet, too. That's a $20 figure with an $80 trailer...

12. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    I didn't say I'd agree with the price :) 

Although I was actually thinking something more like $80 total...Supreme Devastator was on clearance so long around here, those somewhat lower prices I usually saw it at are what immediately come to mind when I think of the figure.

13. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:
    Even tho all of you think he is coming with a trailer I just don't see hasbro changing their minds about giving prime a trailer,they just don't wanna spend extra money to design it.And also look at the past 2 movie based figures,all of them have been remolds of there selves like Rtachet,Ironhide,Bee and so forth.So I say if hasbro does do a trailer for Prime it'll be a bloody freakin miracle.

14. coinilius

coinilius Well-Known Member

The G2 Laser Rod Prime/RiD Scourge trailer works really well with the original TFTM Voyager Optimus Prime mold, so I would imagine something like that being the way a new trailer would be presented (if we get one) - a Voyager figure with trailer, sold at Leader price.

15. Chibbywave

Chibbywave Are you ladysman217?

Supreme Class toy. no doubt!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    it really boils down to how important the trailer is in the movie. If it becomes something of vital importance then yes it will be made as fans will expect it. if not it might get passed on.

17. NormanB

NormanB Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am hoping for a trailer.

The leader Primes from the first two movies weren't different enough for me to warrant a second purchase.

I will bite for something with a trailer though

18. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Of course there will be a trailer toy. We've seen it filmed in both Washington DC & Chicago so it is in multiple scenes. Add to the fact that it related to Prime, the main bot.

19. trex5000

trex5000 Autobot

Ebay:
    No Doubt they are coming out with a trailer...in fact im pretty sure hasbro bugged bay to do it just so the toys can be made. prime with a trailer will sell the shit out of itself. guaranntee...i expect leader prime w trailer in a battle ops BB box pre combined with prime, for 89.99. Guaranteed. oh and definately legends one as well...

20. aey103

aey103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Depands on what Prime's trailer functions as in DotM. If it is just a fan wank and is utilized to haul NEST personal and equipment around, then I see no reason for a toy. Now if Prime somehow combines with it for like an Apex armor type thing, then maybe. If that is the case, then I can see the cab being deluxe sized with the trailer and sold at a Voyager (maybe Ultra) price point. At the most Voyager cab with trailer at Leader price point. But how knows maybe Hasbro would bring back the Supreme class toys (Unicron/Primus sized) for DotM to place this in.