Optimus snubbed in LA Times article on Summer heroes

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Alienbot, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

So what? ROTF isn't as focused on the humans as the 1st one did... well, kinda, we had more human scenes as opposed to robot scenes in the 1st... but still, to complain about there not being much room for Shia's character "to move" and that ROTF focused more on the bots... not necessarily giving the bots as much character development as we would have liked, but still we had a lot of bots in action... is just a load of bull.

Oh well, the world's full of people with their own opinions. Not much you can do about it, except to ignore the people whose opinions clash with your own.

2. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

The point is we saw Sam grow in the first movie to embody the Witwicky motto. In the second we waited for 2.5 hours for him to tell Megan Fox he loved her, and... well, it was apretty lame conclusion. There wasn't any journey or growth of the character.

Also ignoring others opinions? Really? Living life with your head in the sand is pretty sad, exchanging and discussion opposing opinions is pretty great and leads to *gasp* understanding. Why would you knowingly shut yourself off from that?

3. ItsStarscream

ItsStarscream ImmortalSeekerGod

I guess heres a shocker. Im a chick that could care less about chicks on the screen (or sappy love stories for that matter) but yea, I will say Megan is pretty. Thats a really freaky comment coming from me. LOL And oddly enough I also felt Shia carried the first movie totally. Hes a great Sam/Spike, whatever...without him, no way could I have even marginally stomached the first move as well as I managed. He was one of the very few enjoyable parts to TF1. (No havent seen TF2 so I can't comment).

4. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

Agreed wholeheartedly.

5. Mr knightmare

Mr knightmare Banned

News Credits:
    When I go to see a Transformers movie I go to see giant fucking robots beating the living crap out of each other and I couldn't care less about the human characters, the movie is called TRANSFORMERS not Shia and his amazing friends. The robots shuld be the main focus of the film THEY should be the main characters!

The only humans scenes that should be in the movie are the one where they scream in terror, running around getting stepped on while the Autobots and Decepticons tear up the planet...

6. FriskyPinewood

FriskyPinewood Well-Known Member

Dude, its a LIVE-ACTION movie. Nobody in Hollywood is going to spend $200 million to make the live-action movie you want. Stick to the cartoons, they will make you happier ;) 

7. Spoon

Spoon Banned

Truth.
    Truth.
    AND truth.

The fact is, you need human characters to give Transformers some scale, some believability. Otherwise it's just robots fighting robots, as oppose to GIANT, TRANSFORMING DEATH ROBOTS!

Shia's character in ROTF was... irritating. His "Got off on the wrong foot" speech in the warehouse destroyed any dramatic tension in that scene. Well, as much dramatic tension as you can garner from Megatron being a pedophile. He didn't undergo any change throughout the script, except go crazy when it was convenient for the plot.

Megatron's character also got screwed over royally. He went from being a beast, using those around him, and ignoring all bodily damage, in his single-minded hunt for the AllSpark. Megatron in the second film was the Fallen's bitch, who slapped around Starscream in an attempt to boost his now deflated self-esteem.