Optimus showed no hesitation

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Bluebe6, Feb 29, 2012.

1. ARCTrooperAlpha

ARCTrooperAlpha Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    that and they don't seem to have a definite goal.

Remember kids, don't be a Decepticon or else you won't succeed in life !

2. ARCTrooperAlpha

Ebay:
    oh you forgot, your dad was ultimately severely weakened by your archnemesis and lying on the ground.

3. cosmicherosa

cosmicherosa Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Little off topic, but has anyone noticed how Movie Optimus is very reckless, and hardly does any actual "leading". Anyone can point and say "Let's take the battle to them." or likewise.

Throughout the movies he has been on his own, and putting himself in very dumb situations.

TF 1: Back fighting Bonecrusher, shows up to the party later after his team has been beaten to hell and Jazz dead. Gets his pansy ass kicked all around the city like a punk. Sam saves him. (Garbage)

TF 2: Reckless again. Runs away from Sam and splits off from the pack, knowing that once again he is being reckless and that a soldier should never split off from his squad in enemy territory. Get's himself killed, and everyone else has to pickup the slack and resurrect his ass. Never gives a thank you, never says sorry for running off like a dummy.

TF 3: Runs off to Russia....again by himself like a big dummy. No tactical skills or planning. Not military minded at all. Then he fights the equivalent of an older him, again with no wits at all. Sentinel Prime does nothing to protect the towers where his space bridge is built. That crap should have been totally fortified. Runs off by himself and lets his team once again get pinned down and almost all slaughtered.

Incompetent. Reckless. Juvenile.

4. ARCTrooperAlpha

Ebay:

dude. I was thinking the exact same ! btw some stuff to add

1) Optimus believed that merging his spark with the Allspark would end their problems; this is especially shown when he keeps yelling to sam to throw the allspark at his chest DESPITE MEGATRON BEING A FEW FEET AWAY. Except how is that exactly going to stop Megatron and his men if he decides to go on rampage?

2) What kind of leader would take a valuable hostage and go after Megatron in the factory scene? That's just asking for trouble. WHERE THE HELL WAS EVERYONE ELSE? Energon break since they all arrived after Prime got killed.

3) You covered the important ones. Maybe the best redeeming moment was when Optimus revealed their "trojan horse" play. Where the hell was Optimus when Sentinel began his attack on NEST ? Revenge energon break ?

We will kill them all - good luck buddy. Your band of merry men against hundreds if not thousands of Decepticons in Chicago with a bot who knows how you think at the helm? Frickin' BULLS*** !!!!

I end my piece : D

5. cosmicherosa

cosmicherosa Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The only peops in the Transformers movies that had some balls and some military minded tact were Duhamel and Gibson.

6. ARCTrooperAlpha

Ebay:
    At that point, i don't think Sentinel had a choice. He was that damaged. The remaining Autobots could practically manhandle him to get him under control (break a few limbs >: D )

Optimus is jury, judge, executioner......? Where'd you read that ?

well said

True. But events like the Two Towers are kinda controversial, like the conspiracy stuff. Heck, America's wartime seemed to be Bush's doing.

well. Considering the stuff we see and hear on the news, I kinda think we're losing it.

Yea. Try doing that to a dying taliban soldier. See how that turns out.

7. OP84

OP84 Well-Known Member

He tried to get Sam to safety while trying to keep from fighting within civilian limits. And do you not realize that unlike how it might be on Cybertron, they are WAY TOO HUGE for this planet and trying to keep together in a small group all of the time will only put the humans in even more danger.

8. ARCTrooperAlpha

Ebay:
    loving this more and more

9. StacyGrsley

StacyGrsley Banned

And your officialy in my ignore list.
    :rolleyes2 

10. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Without the Allspark, there's nothing to fuel Megatron's rampage. The aftermath of Megatron's hissy fit over losing the cube would be huge, but it would pale in comparison to the planet-wide carnage that would occur if Megatron got the cube and used it to convert all of Earth's technology into an army.

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Plus, the Human militaries could defeat Megatron themselves.

Would you rather see one city destroyed, or the entire Universe?

12. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    War crime, murder, Leavenworth. I saw it happen to an officer I personally knew.

13. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    I wouldn't go so far as to say that it's "immediately drowned out", but I get what you're saying. With a few extra moments in the movie, they could've done a world of good.

But on the other hand, I mean, the deed is done, the enemy is defeated, the war is won. Optimus turns around as his surviving comrades surround him and they all meet and greet and hug and s**t. To me, the impact is still there. His mourning/contemplating what he has done had a short moment to shine. But it's not the entire focus of the remaining moments of the movie. There's other characters to get to. We got to see Optimus' reactions. And then Sam/Carly, the soldiers, etc.. And Optimus' voiceover basically describes why he took such drastic action. He will never forsake Earth or the human race. The emotion is still there, but it's shifted from "Oh gosh, I had to kill my mentor! That's it I'm done fighting!" to "I'm done fighting. The war is over. The day is won. We will never forsake this planet." Not too much of a drastic shift there, right?

:lol 

The moral of the movies. ;) 

14. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

He got late, it happens.

He also can't do anything to prevent the fact Megatron was stronger than him back then, doesn't make him a bad leader, in fact, makes him a good leader [facing down an opponent he knows he can't win].

Which scene you're referring to? The ones he goes for Sam and dies? Sam was the key to a major operation, from a military point of view, he is more important to the cause than Optimus himself.

On Egypt, same thing, two minutes later? The 'Cons would blow up the sun, the clock was against him, and he had no time to lose.

It is also very much meaningless to say "steer away from the pack" when he can face a entire battalion of 'Cons by himself, he IS his own pack.

The Decepticons. Sun. Blown up.

Those were the things crossing his mind right now.

An entire team of NEST soldiers and Ratchet was with him, you wanted him to bring who, Primus?

The whole thing was also a mission to see what was going on, they weren't there to fight, they were there to collect information of Chernobyl, no one could predict Shockwave would randomly decide to appear, after four years without a single 'Con appearence.

You're talking like if Optimus had precognitve skills or something, he's a soldier, not a goddamn oracle.

Excluding the fact he stands his own against Sentinel, yeah, no wits at all.

Wha-- they took over the city in thirty minutes, how exactly would they fortify that thing? It's literally impossible to build a fortress around four pillars [specially when the surrounding buildings and the army they have already put some damn good defenses], they can't build a wall of steel in three hours, they have limited labor [which is used to guard the city] and very few engineers.

They got captured because they got captured, it's a very simple "divide and conquer" strategy he used, they got captured because...they got captured, it's a risk they took when they entered, Optimus had nothing to do with it.

You're not complaining about his skill as a commander, you're basically saying he should have precognitve powers.

EDIT: Wow I missed a lot :lol 

There is no Judiciary System to trial the criminals, by logic, the highest authority of the place [i.e a Prime, the highest rank a Cybertronian can achieve] gets bestowed with the right [and duty, in fact] to replace them and deal with the war criminals.

My most sincere condolences.
    I should point out that what Optimus did was techinically a simplified Martial Court, given his authority and the current situation of the 'Bots [as I explained above].

15. ARCTrooperAlpha

Ebay:
    You don't know that. Heck, we had decepticons popping in and out in the Movie, before they revived Megatron. That pretty much proves the earlier point that Optimus can't think straight.

16. ARCTrooperAlpha

Ebay:
    Doesn't that beg the question to why Optimus still thought it was a good idea to merge with the allspark despite a human army being capable of killing megatron at that time ?

17. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks. I'm still mulling it all over in my head, but this is what's been on my mind lately.

I'm not sure what you're getting at here. Showing large skyscrapers getting destroyed in movies right after 9/11 was controversial. Showing the twin towers themselves at the time was controversial. Notice how many shows and movies edited the towers out (Friends, the Spiderman teaser trailer, etc.). But nowadays all that controversy has subsided a bit, and images like the falling skyscraper in DotM are considered fair game.

And I imagine such imagery helps the audience unconsciously put the Decepticons on par with real-world villains like the Taliban or the Nazis. The movies want us to hate the Decepticons just as much and wish for their deaths. And then it gives us exactly what we want.

For me, a fan of Decepticons with personality, the 'cons of the movies are woefully pathetic and devoid of any reason to invest interest in them.

18. OP84

OP84 Well-Known Member

To destroy it, Megatron couldn't get the AllSpark if it was destroyed.

19. AquamanOS

AquamanOS Well-Known Member

Still it would prevent Megatron from getting several billion more Decepticons from every machine on Earth. So long as Megatron has no cube, the humans can bomb him with fighter jets, instead of Megs waving the cube at any oncoming planes and turning them into Starscream Jrs with the pilots inside.

20. ARCTrooperAlpha

Ebay:
    Which didn't stop the Decepticons in the end.