Optimus showed no hesitation

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Bluebe6, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Bluebe6

Bluebe6 Banned

News Credits:
    I saw this, and agreed.
    This was posted on FB, and I have to agree .Skywarp | Facebook
    Anyway, so the point of this post.
    Have you noticed how Optimus didn't hesitate to pull the trigger on Sentinel at the end? It's like as if he didn't have a bond with Sentinel. Wouldn't it be hard to kill your own teacher/father like. Optimus should have at-least hesitated with some emotion, then pull the trigger. In reality, no-one could just kill someone they looked up to easily like that, Idc if he/she betrayed you or not.

2. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    INB4 Optimus Prime is a dickhead killing psychopath.

3. StacyGrsley

StacyGrsley Banned

Oh the never ending "Optimus the bloodthirsty killer" crap that has been posted countless times.
    BTW I've seen that skywarp's page and their "role playing universe", and one:
    The Skywarp guy is a dick.
    two:
    These self proclaimed "proffesional role players" couldn't role play if they saw an instructional video for 200 hours straight.
    They mostly post movie bashing posts and out of character posts than any other thing.
    three:
    Optimus did what he had to do, remember what happened in the '86 movie?
    even then optimus was killed because megatron wanted "mercy". Had Optimus not done anything in DOTM , he would've died and earth would be destroyed.

4. Leather Elbows

Leather Elbows Dooper

News Credits:
    Sentinel deserved it. If someone killed one of my best friends and betrayed me I would shoot their face the first chance I get. Who cares about ''heroes need to spare lives'' Shoot him and piss on his corps! WOOOO!! Okay I went too far but

5. StacyGrsley

StacyGrsley Banned

THIS.
    Optimus in all the other series just let the cons get away.
    Optimus here says "HELL NAH BITCHES!"

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Optimus lost all emotion towards Sentinel when he killed Ironhide, ransacked NEST and invaded Chicago.

At that point Sentinel became no different than the Decepticons.

7. StacyGrsley

StacyGrsley Banned

THIS.
    Did no one see the emotion on Optimus's face when he got to the base?
    It was the moment he said "This is where I draw the line!"

8. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Besides every single post above me, there's also the look of pain and sorrow in Optimus' face after he guns down Sentinel [to the point he throws aways his gun in disgust], he looks around horrified in a distintively "What have we become?" way.

In fact, Optimus tried to reason with him three times across the movie, in Washington he said "NO, SENTINEL, NO!" when he could have just shot him in the face, then "Why, Sentinel, Why?" and finally at Chicago, "Sentinel, please!"

All three times, Sentinel didn't give a flying duck to his attempts and just went "YOU ARE A MISGUIDED MORON, OPTIMUS".

His actions with Sentinel are justified.

9. grindcore138

grindcore138 ARF ARF!!!

News Credits:
    This, and bare in mind Sentinel had just torn off Optimus's arm and was about to kill him himself before Megatron charged in.
    "Always the bravest of us! But you could never make the hard decisions" He obviously didn't want it to play out like it did but in the end Optimus made the hard decision to kill Sentinel.

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I felt like afetr he shot him Optimus should've thrown the gun away and got all up in Sentinel's face going "HOW'S THAT FOR A HARD DICISION, MOFO!?" Then flipped off the camera and walked off set.

11. AutobotJazz1

AutobotJazz1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thank you!! At least someone has sense.

12. Bluebe6

Bluebe6 Banned

News Credits:
    When he got to base, he seemed more upset than pissed.
    "This is where I draw the line" would fit into the D.C scene more.

13. StacyGrsley

StacyGrsley Banned

Both emotions are present.
    He frowns and looks devasted when he arrives, then when after lennox says "we need to hunt this thing down!" he looked angry.
    Still the Skywarp guy is a jerk.

14. FeelingLuckyPnk

FeelingLuckyPnk Decepticon Punks!

12. No Spam
    We do not allow spamming in our general forums. Spam is relegated to the Fuzzy World Forum. The Fuzzy World is a perk for TFW2005 Supporters.

-2005 Staff

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2012
  15. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    You can clearly see the sorrow in his fave as he first arrives and sees what has happened, and then you can see it quickly turn to anger.

16. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

I never thought movie Optimus was unnecessarily brutal. The Autobots really didn't have anywhere to store prisoners, and doing so was a threat to humans. It really wasn't a take prisoners situation, especially after Sentinel dragged part of Cybertron into the atmosphere.

17. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    sentinal killed his best friend,almost enslaved humanity,tore off his arm,tried to all his soldiers and basicly betrayed him by tying to kill everybody i vote on pulling the trigger the second i saw him

18. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Optimus is very stoic [because he knows that if he lose his cool, he won't be able to think straight, and that he must remain calm for his friends] his emotions are very subtle on his face, very rarely he loses his cool [in the first movie, when he meets Megatron, on ROTF when he meets The Fallen and in DOTM in Washington and Chicago].

19. Autobus Prime

Autobus Prime Transit Former

Exactly. On the ragged edge of sanity, and getting edgier through the movie series and even into Prime, surrounded by people who refuse to see anything but a noble hero, including the writers! That's the unintended genius of it; a willful blindness that crosses the fourth wall.

Or else we humans have all denied our faculties to the point where we can't write with conscious awareness any more.

On the other hand, the writers of the Prime series seem aware that Prime is not normal - but they can't quite bring themselves to admit anything is wrong with it. And so the characters can't, either...but there's subconscious resistance, isn't there? One big dysfunctional Autobot family...

If I could think it was intended, I would think it was brilliant characterization.

Exactly. But that's when it went wrong, writing-wise and characterwise. He didn't walk off, or do any of the myriad other things that would have shown us the impact.

20. Ellamin

Ellamin Freedom is the Right of ALL Sentient beings.

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pinterest:
    I think he was at the "You've become worse than a Decepticon!" point, and just decided to survive this time, he'd dispatch megatron for good and eliminate sentinel before he caused more harm yo his new home..