Optimus robot...no pics...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by eyeballkid, Jul 12, 2006.

1. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

News Credits:
    If you have seen the new pictures of O.P. in truck mode...how the hell does he transform into a robot that is NOT blocky?

2. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

i don't know. I was wondering that myself.

3. Ironhide546

Ironhide546 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    some alien shifting. hell, look at the bumblebee pic and try to spot one part besides the engine that look like its on a real car? All the parts are probably going to transform themselves into different shapes and armor bits so i have no worries there.

do you guys really want these robots to look like magic walking I-beam skeletons wearing bad plate-metal cosplay vehicle parts?

4. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

Um, that would be cool, so yes.

5. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i like blocky robots.

robots should eat their robo sandwiches and dont follow those robo celebs and their anorexic ways.

6. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    It isn't that hard to make a movie TF out of that. The back of the truck and the blue part of the cab become the legs, while the main part of the cab forms the arms, which leaves the front of the cab to become the chest. Then throw in a lot of partshuffling, and you'll end with a 15/20 meters high robot, which will look like the Terminator on crack. At least, that's how I think he will transform.

There are also rumors that he won't have the window-look, just the grill. At least he will have a Prime-like head, if what the Ferris guy said was true.

7. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Random thoughts:

In that video that dreamworks put out a while back (the one with the animatics that seemed to be based on existing transformers) there was a real quick shot of a concept sketch of Prime, he had a huge grill where his "abs" would be and looked quite bulky. I guessing it was a early concept though because it looked kind of G1-ish, but I'm wondering if he'll end up keeping that grill.

Also when that guy at AICN interviewed bay and looked at some of the concept sketches, he said Prime was "hulking".

And if that BB robot was any indication, I'm guessing that there are lots of places inside a big truck like that to hide robot parts.

8. prime is a legend

prime is a legend Hooch is crazy.

whatever Prime looks like he better look tough.

because if he's either too skiny or too fat we are gonna have field day!!

9. Hook

Hook The real Constructicon leader Veteran

News Credits:
    Bwahaha, Judging from the ald mode pic, Hasbro will pull a funny on us and reuse the G2 Laser Prime mold!

10. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    YES! Fandom OWNED!

11. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    :lol  I wouldn't mind. It's a fun toy, kids would love it.

12. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

Haha sweet. Never did get to own one.

13. Talon

Talon New Member

Anyone have a pic of optimus they wouldn't mind sending over to me? Thanks!

14. Knightwing13

Knightwing13 Member

I feel that anyway that they make prime will be outstanding, I mean they are making a live action Transformers movie....but as long as we're making judgement calls I think he should have the G1 head, and gun.

15. RHansen

RHansen Veteran

News Credits:
    his head is like the G1 head a little birdy told me

16. OmegaVPrimus

OmegaVPrimus Well-Known Member

Well if it is I will have no problem with it, but a white flag was brought up in the art forums today. The person said that what if the head transform's from various part's of the truck.

Although it does sound a little off, if he want's to make it realistic abviously he will go with a disappearing head.

But if he does infact use stick's truthfully to his line "they will have more moving part's" then the head might transform from various part's of the truck.

17. Knightwing13

Knightwing13 Member

well if thats the case we'll just have to go see the movie and pass judgement then.

18. Silver Bullit

Silver Bullit Banned

Personally, I found myself liking the Terminator-ish Zoid construct of the leaked BB. However, I am concerned that the car parts that form his disguis, or outer shell- his car mode- will shape shift. Granted, it might look "cool", but to me looking "cool" isn't enough. I have a "thing" about making something that is actually do-able. I will want the toys, for example, to have the same type of transformability as what we will see in the movie. If the toys can't do it, then neither should the movie characters.

As for Prime's design, I never was a real Prime toy fan. I have 20th Prime and Car Robots Prime. Lazer Op never did much. LIke everything else, I'll have to take a wait-and-see attitude. But I seriously hope that Prime's head / face doesn't assemble from other components. Rumor or not- to quote Ian Malcolm- "that is the worst idea in the long, sad history of bad ideas".

If the filmmakers had a brain in their head (and I am sure that one exists somewhere) then Prime will be recognizable... not reminiscent, but recognizable.

I'll say the same about Megatron. Whatever they make him to be- a jet or tank- he had better be more recognizable than reminiscent- especially in the head.

Chris

19. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

He posted this on dm.net

No reason why they'd change Prime's head anyway.With the exception of Beast Machines and Armada Supermode,Prime's head ALWAYS looked like Prime.

20. OmegaVPrimus

OmegaVPrimus Well-Known Member

Yea, definantley I to have a nag for eye candy's and why dissapearing part's should have a certain spot....etc. I really hope that leaked pic actually will help form megatron. If anything that look's uncanny to megatron's facial feature's and his build.

As for the toy's I also expect them to work look and transform the same as the TF's in the movie . But when you think about it, the bigger the better so most of the movie toyline's will probably consist of larger scale's to put more of the "moving-part's" in place.

Of course that is just me. And, to me it seem's almost impossible to screw up meg's, know prime is a diff story, but meg's is pretty much what he want's to be. He never had a common form he was known by. T-rex, gun, tank, and a jet! So really I could make meg's into a little george forman grill,and make him a bad arse.