Optimus' Real Name

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by O_Prime05, Apr 1, 2008.

1. O_Prime05

O_Prime05 Katsohiten Prime

I don't know if the was done already or if there is a real answer to this but I thought it'd be fun.

Hot Rod + The Matrix = Rodimus Prime

x + The Matrix = Optimus Prime

So if Hot Rod got the Matrix and used it and became Rodimus Prime then what was Optimus' real name?

2. Wiggyof09

Wiggyof09 Well-Known Member

Orion Pax.

3. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Alternatively, Optronix.

4. O_Prime05

See I never remember hearing his name anywhere so I wasn't sure.

But thanks.

How about if the decepticons got the Matrix, what would their names be?

5. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In the G1 cartoon, Optimus's original name was Orion Pax. However, it wasn't due to the power of the Matrix that he became Optimus Prime - he was rebuilt by Alpha Trion. Conversely, in the Dreamwave comics, he was formerly known as Optronix, and the Matrix was indeed responsible for transforming him.

6. O_Prime05

Oh cool, I'm just trying to expand my TF Knowledge. Know of any good books on the history?

7. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    the thing about TF history is that it's different in every single continuity. G1 cartoon, G1 comics (which G2 expands upon), Dreamwave comics, IDW comics... they're all G1, but they all tell very different stories. Basically, if you want to know it all, you have to buy it all (or just find a nice wiki to read)

8. O_Prime05

Oh good. Well are there any books out there? And can anyone recommend a site?

9. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We EXIST!

News Credits:
    There is no comprehensive book on all the continuities, etc. 'The Ultimate Guide' isn't, just so you know.

As far as sites, there is the Transformers Wiki. Wikipedia sucks for TF knowledge, btw. Otherwise you have to read the comics, watch the series, etc...and hang out at the boards where you'll pick up on things.

--Moony

10. O_Prime05

Well I've been learning some already. That's why I joined was to learn just bout as much as I could.

11. Orion P

Orion P Cybertronian P.I.M.P.

Yeah, G1 Cartoon says Orion Pax but the War Within says Optronix. I personally like Orion Pax.. for some reason :p 

12. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    Peter Cullen.

13. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    If a decepticon tried to use the matrix, it likely wouldn't work for them, ala Galvatron. The matrix generally chooses its bearers, and won't work for anyone else but them.

Of course, in the G2 comic, it turned starscream good and took away all his weapons, so who knows. But I don't recall the transition changing his name.

14. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Damn, I always thought it was Robert, oh well.

15. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

I've never been partial to Orion Pax OR Optronix. Both are pretty lame (no wonder he changed his name). Or, if not lame, they just don't have that "code name" ring to them that typifies rank-and-file TFs.

I'm also not a big fan of the DW or G1 cartoon origins. Though I like the idea of Optimus having humble beginnings, Orion Pax was just too much of a kid, and Optronix was, let's face it, kind of a dick.

Also his ascension was too easy, too immediate. Remember in Revenge of the Sith, when Hayden Christianson instantaneously goes from the whiny brat to full-on 7-foot-tall asthmatic cyborg Darth Vader? Remember how that felt? Didn't it feel like a shortcut, that Darth Vader's persona and appearance should have developed over time, rather than over a couple of hours in Palpatine's basement?

That's how I feel about the rise of Optimus Prime. It should be an epic unto itself, that spans centuries of war... not a magic fairy transformation. Epic characters should earn their role and status, not have it given to them in some kind of wish-fulfillment power fantasy sort of way.

Okay, but I digress. What would be a good, humble, blue-collar original name for a pre-leadership Optimus? I think it's been there all along, staring us in the face for 25 years... CONVOY! :) 

zmog

16. Anodythe

Anodythe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I believe I read somewhere that his name was Optronix, a "files cleerk". Some promotion huh?!

Anodythe

17. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Thats debatable.

We really dont know to what extent Alpha Trion's part was in the rebuilding prosessus was.For all we know Alpha might have only installed the Matrix and it did the rest.

They never showed us the rebuilding or the givving of the Matrix to Optimus so we really dont know wether he was rebuilt of reconfigered by the Matrix.

I guess you have forgotten that when the Decepticon Scorgue got his hands on the Matrix it did work for him and changed his body as well as his levels.

Call it a mutation or an upgrade but the Matrix did work for a Decepticon.

Thunderwing from the Marvel G1 comics also took and used the power of the Matrix for a short while.

But none of the Decepticons to ever take or use the Matrix change their names.

18. Gargoyle

Gargoyle Banned

Excellent post, but your avatar disturbs me a little.

Have to say though, who knows what effects a couple of hours in creepy old Palpatine's basement might have, especially on an impressionable pretty-boy teen..? Yikes!

19. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    robert poulson.

20. jazz4ever

jazz4ever I'm turned on by numbers

orion pax duh