Optimus Prime's Three Most Epic Battles

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by PrimesRule, Aug 10, 2012.

?

Which battle do you believe Prime was pushed to his limit?

1. Optimus against Megatron in Los Angeles (Mission City)

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  2. The forest fight in Philadelphia.

20 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. Optimus against Sentinel Prime in Illinois.

9 vote(s)
    30.0%
  1. PrimesRule

PrimesRule Banned

News Credits:
    In which battle do you believe Optimus Prime was pushed to his full limit?

2. roccondil5

roccondil5 sculptor

Well, considering he lost every one of those battles in one way or another (1st sam saved him when he was lying defeated, 2nd he died, 3rd megatron saved him when he was lying defeated) I would say, all of them?

3. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

I would say Optimus gave it his all in all three battles. But since the first battle had him actually lose to Megatron, and he was winning the second one until Megatron back-stabbed him, I would say the battle against Sentinel pushed him to his limit.

Because it wasn't just a Decepticon he was fighting. He wasn't fighting his arch-nemesis, he wasn't fighting lackeys, he wasn't fighting the Fallen.

He was fighting his own mentor, his father-figure, the one who taught him to fight and taught him his morals. Sentinel had betrayed him and brought an army to Earth that slaughtered an entire city of innocents. That alone hit Optimus right in the spark, way below the belt.

If I had to say, killing Sentinel Prime most likely took more will than fighting any Decepticon.

4. PrimesRule

PrimesRule Banned

News Credits:
    I wouldn't say Optimus was defeated at that moment, he still got up and fought despite Megatron saving him the duty of massacring Sentinel Prime. Also, Optimus was the one to ultimately end Sentinel Prime's life.

5. Meggamus

Meggamus I want FOC figures!!

i agree with this , he was pushed to his limit, mentally as it was his mentor and it took alot of will power to make the decision that he made

the forest fight i think pushed optimus to his physical limit as he was fighting three decepticons at once

i think the fight in the first movie was a mixture of both so its a tough choice of the three but i voted for the forest fight as he was killed, and i think thats quite a high limit to be pushed to :lol 

6. roccondil5

roccondil5 sculptor

Sentinel had his sword to optimus' throat and was thrusting it foward for the kill. If it wasn't for megatron deus ex machinafying sentinel in the back, optimus would be so much dead scrap metal. So no, optimus didn't defeat sentinel, he was defeated. He just took advantage of megatron's backstabbing and took out the already half dead sentinel

7. SoundwaveFanboy

SoundwaveFanboy Decepticon

Sentinel vs optimis in Illinois if megatron didnt save prime.prime would of died.

8. BooyakaDragon

BooyakaDragon I Don't Even Know

News Credits:
    Optimus Prime going homicidal was pretty brutal.

9. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

For the poll question I'm going to have to say Mission City.

The power level of the Autobots had not gone insane yet so it seemed like a fairly close fight with Bonecrusher since Prime has to find an opening in Bonecrusher's fighting style to get in a win. Then when Prime battles Megatron it's all across the city and neither robot can seem to get the advantage. Really felt like they had battled each other to scrap before Sam has to act as the only way to decide the battle.

The forest battle is the visually coolest of the Prime battles but it felt like Prime was holding his own pretty well against three Decepticons. It's only the distraction that seems to give Megatron the win.

By the Sentinel Prime fight the power level of Prime as gone so insane it's beyond even the Chuck Norris jokes. It feels like the only thing that held Prime back in the Sentinel Prime was a past friendship. Without his feelings toward Sentinel it just feels like Super Saiyan Prime could have ripped him to little bits like Prime did everything else in the film.

10. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Minecraft Addict

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Going strictly by which battle "pushed him most to his limit", that would be the forest battle, since he died in that one.

11. Zhadow

Zhadow Oh hi there

I believe Optimus was at full strength against Sentinel. Unlike the forest, his limit reached at a excessive state; and got tired afterwards.

12. jazzgirl84

jazzgirl84 Mini-bot

I have to agree 100% with this!

13. Leonis Prime

Leonis Prime Ai-Megumi's Man

The forest fight was the best battle, because prime took not only Megatron on but starscream and blackouts brother and he had won, if it werent for lebouf getting in the way and taking primes attention for a second, Megatron would not have been able to bacjstab him.

The first movie fight....go I wish Prime had snatched the allspark from sam and shoved it in Megs chest himself.....that would have spared us Lebouf crappy heroic moment.....*splits*

And yes Megatron saved Optimus from Sentinal.

14. PrimesRule

PrimesRule Banned

News Credits:
    Megatron did not actually save Optimus, even though it was the eventual outcome. The only reason Megatron attacked Sentinel was because he had enough of Sentinel's shit.

15. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    The forest battle, which took place in the Pine Barrens of New Jersey, not Philadelphia. :wink: