Optimus Prime's swords

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by UltraPrimus56, Jul 30, 2012.

1. UltraPrimus56

UltraPrimus56 In the ruins of paradise

Do you think they can be broken? In TFP, we see Prime's sword get shattered I think three times? So can movie Prime's be broken under enough pressure?

2. PrimesRule

PrimesRule Banned

News Credits:
    Both were broken in Bay's movies. ROTF, one of his swords was broken off by The Fallen. The other sword was attached to his arm when Sentinel brutally severed Optimus's arm and seeing how bad Sentinel took it off, I feel it is beyond repair.

3. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

The Fallen never broke one of his swords and the sword on the severed arm was handheld.

4. PrimesRule

PrimesRule Banned

News Credits:
    Yes, The Fallen did break off one of Prime's swords. Watch the fight real closely and monitor every move The Fallen makes.

5. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

He tried to break his arm, but we never had proof that a sword broke off.

6. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Providing anything in the universe could survive a fight with Bayformers Optimus, they might be able to be broken. ;) 

But seriously, sure they can. They're not invincible. If/when Optimus battles again in TF4, I think it would be a really cool visual to see his swords broken. Or even the cliched action shot of his sword flying out of his hand and then impaling the ground from out of frame, just in front of the camera. Or both. :D 

7. AquamanOS

AquamanOS Well-Known Member

Prime only had his one remaining sword by the time that fight even started. His right hand sword he lost when he tossed it at Grindor to disable him while he was beating up Starscream during the forest battle.

All the Fallen did with his remaining sword was eat it. In the face.

8. TNG Prime

TNG Prime TNG Prime IS a title!

The Fallen kind of broke it from the rigid position it was in, but it didn't entirely fall off.

Obviously, it can be broken. Anything in TF can. Most likely with an explosion, but still. (Not that I mind the explosions, physics do dictate that if large fast pieces of metal collide, there will be huge explosions.)

9. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

It'd take a very strong force, but as TNG said, it's very likely they can be broken.

The thing is, the swords break the enemy first :p 

10. TNG Prime

TNG Prime TNG Prime IS a title!

Yup. That's how it usually is in reality, also. It's very rare that a sword breaks another.

And anyone who mentions guns will have their voice box torn out. It's been made clear in TF that their melee weapons are more powerful than their guns. (Unless you mean Sentinel's rust gun..)