Optimus Prime's next magic mushroom

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Alienbot, Aug 12, 2009.

?

Optimus's next magic mushroom

1. A trailer

47 vote(s)
    43.5%
  2. Ultra Magnus

10 vote(s)
    9.3%
  3. Fortress Maximus

3 vote(s)
    2.8%
  4. Omega Supreme

3 vote(s)
    2.8%
  5. Primus himself

5 vote(s)
    4.6%
  6. Keep Jetfire's parts

8 vote(s)
    7.4%
  7. We don't need a new combiner toy

19 vote(s)
    17.6%
  8. What's a magic mushroom?

13 vote(s)
    12.0%
  1. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think we all agree Prime looked fantastic combined with Jetfire, a real tour de force design by Nizzi. It seemed beforehand that they wanted Prime to combine with a trailer, something Josh shows on his website (joshnizzi.com). So I was wondering whether people would like Prime to continue wearing Jetfire's afterburners, go back to his normal, healthy cab self, or team up with someone or something else.

For me, I believe in and welcome the notion of having Unicron in Transformers 3, and someone pretty big will have to tackle him. If Optimus and Sam go on a quest to reactivate Primus, that's all very well and good, but if Optimus has to be the one to, I'd like to see him combine with Omega Supreme. Omega is one of my favourite Autobots, I feel he could easily have had Jetfire's part in TF2 (but the writers liked the idea of a defected Decepticon), and of all the Autobots, I hope he's in TF3, because it'd be nice to have a big guy other than Optimus to combat the Constructicon and Blackout clones.

Ultra Magnus would be cool, but his transformation will already spectacular if his truck and carrier components combine.

2. Covenant

Covenant Mr. Roboto in Disguise

Ebay:
    Powermaster Bayformers Prime, ftw!

3. Takeout

Takeout Mistress of the Night

Seriously, do we really need ANOTHER magic mushroom?

4. Covenant

Ebay:
    It's cascading, you can't go back once you've started. Besides, why would they want to? Gives Hasbro their toy gimmick, and gives the movie another wow moment. Prime wearing Jetfire's corpse as suped-up armor was killer.

5. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    A Trailer or Magnus.

6. TfAnimatedfan

TfAnimatedfan Five. Dollar. Headband.

News Credits:
    Prime on shrooms doesn't sound too good.

7. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was actually thinking that they could turn Jetfire's parts into a trailer, or at least have a trailer that carries them. Either way I agree that once you get to a point in a movie series, like having him combine to take out the "last boss", you have to 1-up that. I just hope they don't decide to do something with someone else. I still want Prime to be the "hero", with of course the movie makers insisting Sam is also the hero. With all the marketing really geared towards Prime, I hope that's a sign that he's going to remain the main protagonist next to Sam.

8. 0ptimus__Prime

0ptimus__Prime Autobot Commander

News Credits:
    This.

9. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    at the beginning of TF2 when they were rolling those trike things out of the back of a transport trailer, i thought that it was Optimus's trailer. I was like "FUCK YEAH!" but then was only disappointed to find that he was being AIR DROPPED OUT OF A GOSH DARN AIRPLANE which was twice as epic.

i choose trailer.

10. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

I'm tired of Optimus combining with another Transformer into super anime mode. It's over played and it's been done to death. He should combine with nobody.

11. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Combining with his trailer isn't really combining with another TF. But honestly, Powermaster Prime came out some 20 years ago, so its been a part of TFs long enough to not just be associated with the way AEC "anime'd" it up. The concept of wearing robo armor to take on tougher enemies is fine with me.

12. ngnikolaos

ngnikolaos Well-Known Member

This.

And besides, it's not we've seen Tformer fusion in the movies in vast numbers or anything ...

13. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Mikaela. Kiss Players style.

14. Covenant

Ebay:
    Soooo wrong.... ... ... ...... .. ....so very, very wrong..

15. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

:lol  bravo.

16. neoprimus01

neoprimus01 Jackpot

wow...so many jokes my head is exploding...well done :ev: 

put the trailer in and have him explain why it suddenly disappears from the screen

17. cnic

cnic Decepticon

Yeah when I first saw it I thought the little NEST vehicles that came out was sort of like an homage to Roller or whatever his name was

18. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lets go with Leobreaker/Liger Jack. Prime needs a gaint arm so he can be in style w/Skids & Mudflap.

19. jostru

jostru Well-Known Member

I think that IF Optimus combines, it would be awesome if he has all of Jetfire's parts in a trailer or something. And if they make the whole combining thing a main part of the movies from now on then I could think of a storyline for TF3 about it:

Optimus still has Jetfire's parts in his brand new trailer designed and made by Ratchet and (maybe) Wheeljack. Somewhere through the movie Optimus combines with Jetfire's parts in a battle, but his opponont(s) (possibly Megatron, Starscream and/or Shockwave) is/are too strong and his Jetfire parts are blown to kingdom come during the battle. Then in the final battle Optimus and the Autbots are getting their ass kicked and Optimus wishes he still had the Jetfire parts. Ratchet and (maybe) Wheeljack tell him they have a surprise and tell him about his trailer being designed to combine with him during battle. Optimus combines with his trailer and he and the other Autobots gain the upperhand and win the final battle.

I know, it sounds a lot like ROTF, but whatever.

20. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] BATTLE GAIA!

News Credits:
    THIS x 100!! :D 
    (although it would be not packaged for kids and grubby comic-guy grabbing and scalping the toys would run the show):sly2: 

:thumb