Optimus Prime's flight tech

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by awesomem131, Nov 5, 2011.

1. awesomem131

awesomem131 Well-Known Member

Ok so the last 2 films has had optimus's enhancements make things fairly easy for him in big fights.So as a fan who likes his heroes to be challenged i honestly don't like the idea of him having the flight armor to its cheating i guess and would prefer to see him fight without it.Anyone agree?

2. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    No flight tech + driller is not dead = Sam and the others are toast

3. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I really like it when Optimus' trailer is some kind of upgrade for him.

4. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Yeah, Optimus' flight tech is pretty awesome! It makes for some awesome action sequences.

5. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    I love it....and it give us an awesome looking trailer all at the same time....so....awesome jet pack.....awesome trailer.....it's a win win!!!

6. kaiserlisk

kaiserlisk THIS PLEASES GAGA

News Credits:
    While the jetpack was a nice addition, it made things too easy for the already God-powered Prime. I was hoping he'd obtain it through other means, like having Que-jack salvage the guns and engines from a fallen Decepticon ship; hence, the reason the flight tech fell off so easily.

7. Honorbound

Honorbound The Reclusive Semi-Lurker

I liked the flight tech; it gave the Autobots a much-needed air force (though when your air force consists of your leader, you have issues).

On the subject of making it too easy for Optimus, you've got to remember that the Decepticons have far more flyers (which is why the lack of an aerial duel between Optimus and Starscream, or Optimus and the fighter drones bugs the crap out of me), and if the director wanted to make the Optimus-Driller fight more challenging for Optimus, he could have given the Driller the ability to fly as well (or have the Driller chase Optimus through wrecked buildings dozens of stories above the ground, but that would be insanely expensive).

8. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I will prefer the trailer to transform something like God Ginrai's add on rather than this Jetpack,moreover for the actual toy,the trailer can't even transform into Jetpack

9. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    He mainly used it to destroy the Driller, which was close to engulfing Sam and the crew. Without the flight tech, he wouldn't have been able to reach it in time. Notice how he dispatched of it before going in rage mode on the drones? Plus you have to realise this is a war, not a game.