Optimus Primes "Fatal wound" musing.

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Dinobot Snarl, Feb 26, 2018.

1. Macross79

Macross79 Well-Known Member

It seems Prime was fighting Megatron injured after getting stabbed in the abdomen. I have always, if Ratchet and Wheeljack were alive would they have a better chance of saving Optimus? This would require a surgery.

2. Endgamelikespie

Endgamelikespie Well-Known Member

They did, actually.

I'm not sure where to find it now, but there was an older version of the script that shows that the concept of sparks was in fact, intended for TFTM.

Complete with the battle for the new Decepticon leader happening on Cybertron and statues being destroyed in the process, with Megatron and previous Decepticon leaders' sparks floating into space and the more organic "Ingestor" giving them new bodies.

3. Mormolyce

Mormolyce Well-Known Member

It was a part of his chassis where the plot armour had worn through.

Might've gotten damaged back when he was an alligator that one time...

A tiger? In Africa!?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ryan F

Ryan F Transform and Roll Out! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The sparks are actually in the movie - those little sparkly orbs at the bases of the Decepticon statues (in the coronation scene) were scripted as 'life sparks'.

5. Altered Prime

Altered Prime Well-Known Member

Wow if you’re right we just learned something new today, but it still might not be considered sparks because there was no mention of it In the film and ScriptS are not Canon,but let me go check out the film I’ll be right back

6. Altered Prime

OK I have to say close but no cigar

Besides what the script might say there are there,but those are no sparkly orbs

What the animators did was give us purple flame

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  7. Ryan F

Ryan F Transform and Roll Out! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Flames in the shape of a circle / sparkly orbs, whatever you want to call them, I don't care. In the script, those were sparks. I make no judgments about canon here, merely offering up my knowledge of the original script. Feel free to use that information how you see fit. I don't think there's anything in the canon that specifically says they're not sparks, is there?

Still, not surprised to see you nitpick people who freely offer up factual information on these boards - I think I'm right in saying that you're the same poster who disagreed with me about Cybertronian alt modes even after after I posted a interview with Sunbow character designer Floro Dery. (Link to that bizarre thread for people who may be interested.)

Just for once I would like to post some factual or behind-the-scenes info on these boards that doesn't get questioned or second-guessed...

8. Altered Prime

53A26D33-A609-4CDA-B35C-3408398B5967.png 13CFE93E-EE4B-4A44-ACF1-5AAD769EA5F3.png
    Nope sorry, but you’re imagining things
    They are flickering purple flames not in the shape of anything round or sparkly orbs
    Watch the video

I believe I mentioned the script myself earlier in this thread.If not in this one and plenty others

No

But there’s also nothing in Cannon that’s pacifically says they aren’t ham sandwiches either lol
    Nitpicking is half the fun here
    Factual information?

Half of what you said was factual the other part was what you thought you saw

Yeah that was me I don’t even need the link

The interview you posted was 20 or more years After the fact
    just about every piece of information that I have seen posted here gets questioned by somebody

And you’ve been here long enough I can’t believe your this sensitive about questions

As to your factual information if you didn’t look at the video take a look at the pictures it’s clearly flames not orbs

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  9. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

I really thought you were more durable than that :lol 

10. Altered Prime

Oh that’s got to be the most hilarious typo I’ve ever made

• Like Like x 2
  11. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Something just occurred to me, after all these years (maybe I'm misremembering something). Who WERE all those statues of? Up until now, if you'd asked me, I would have said previous Decepticon leaders, but... given what happened in War Dawn, were there any Decepticon leaders before Megatron? Did they go through a lot of them really early in the war? Was there more than one leader (or ranks of leaders)? Were they just heroes or honored warriors, and not leaders?

12. Altered Prime

Did you by chance miss five faces of darkness Or desertion of the Dinobot’s?

Based on what we learned there there were quite good number of con leaders before Megatron

The war didn’t start With the evens in “war dawn”, The war only reignited at that point

13. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:

No but its been a while since I watched through the G1 series so stuff is likely getting fuzzy in my head.

Yeah, that's what I thought, that there had been other leaders and Megatron was the most successful, and the war had been going on for a while and through various leaders on both sides at that point.

But in War Dawn, the narrative seemed to be that the Decepticons were new models of cybertronians, that Megatron was a relative unknown to the average person, that he had just put together an army recently, and they had just started invading cybertronian cities. I guess this is pretty much contradicted in FFoD when it aired later (which, let's face it, wouldn't be the first time that's happened in the G1 series), or maybe the Aerialbots went back to a different timeline or something?

14. Altered Prime

I don’t think you have the over complicate it was different timelines I think it’s actually pretty simple

For one they did not say decepticons with the new model they said flying robots were new models

And the fact that they were putting together an army is easily remedied , Remember the war Megatron started is known as “the third Cybertronion war”

So maybe that was a couple thousand or millions of years between the second and third war , If that’s the case Orion and his girlfriend Would’ve been shot after so many years of peace and the idea of somebody putting together an army and attacking some of the outside cities would have been something to be concerned with

• Like Like x 1