Optimus Prime's Entrances. What's in store for #3?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by TylerMirage, Feb 13, 2010.

1. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Optimus Prime’s Entrances into the Films

One of the things that enjoy about the live-action films is Optimus Prime’s dramatic entrances. Now that the audience has been introduced to Optimus Prime twice already, what do you think Bay has in store for Prime’s third entrance? What do you think we’ll get and more importantly, what do you want to happen?

*Please, if you feel the need to make dumb, joking answers, at least add your honest, realistic answer too it as well. :) 

Transformers (2007): [Not counting his protoform descent] - Driving through the mist/fog of the alleyway, and stopping directly in front of Sam and Mikaela (and the camera), and then proceeding to transform for a lengthy amount of time as the camera swirls around him (revealing the great detail and realism of ILM’s CG model), then finally kneeling down in front of the teens to introduce himself.

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (2009): One of the most BA entrances of a character into a film EVER, in my opinion. - Driving out of the cargo bay of C-17 cargo plane, dropping through the sky, transforming, as the camera pans and twists around his body (similar to the entrance in the first film), establishing shot of his head/faceplate, deployment of the Autobot parachutes, and then a classic G1 line, “Autobots, I’m in pursuit!”, then landing, transforming and racing off to tackle a Decepticon ten times his size.

Transformers 3 (2011): ????? (This is the part where I want your suggestions...) ;) 

Here is my idea: (Depending on the plot of the third film, this may or may not work, obviously. The latter part being based off the leaked fake script.) - Basically, take the trailer for the War for Cybertron video game, but transfer it over to ILM’s realistic visual effects. *Have Optimus Prime’s opening narration throughout.* Show Cybertron. Show the original Prime’s and the Sun Harvester setting off into other galaxies. Then show the ravaged planet, as the two opposing forces battle many eons later. Cybertronian-mode Optimus Prime and Megatron (visibly distinct as being said characters) fighting. Then, they look up to the sky as the AllSpark is jettisoned into space. *cut to modern day on Earth* The Decepticons are wreaking havoc and destroying stuff. (Leaked script scene) One Decepticon in particular is about to injure a civilian. Suddenly Optimus Prime’s voice is heard, “Stand down, Decepticon!”, and it cuts to show him finishing transforming, and striking a pose. The Decepticon stops, and mocks Prime (or defies his order or something). Optimus Prime slowly approaches the rogue Decepticon, clearly intimidating the other, surrounding Decepticons, who have also stopped. The Decepticon lunges at Optimus, and in a rush of motion blur, Optimus Prime manages to subdue/apprehend the Decepticon, and without injuring/killing/making a smart quip about it.

Now, what do you guys think?

(And yes, I know, “Nice story, brah!”) ;) 

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I want him to jump out of an enormous cake.

3. tfan123

tfan123 Well-Known Member

I want him to come out of the closet. Or Mikaelas vagina.

No, maybe do a TF1 Bumblebee style, and have Prime come to the rescue against the decepticons

4. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    I'd rather he just drives off something, transforms epicly then proceeds to rip faces.

5. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    :lol 

6. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    Behind a door live at a gameshow.

7. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I think it's a rule of Transformers movies at this point that Prime has to make a dramatic entrance at some point. Even in Transformers: The Movie he can't just go into the battle like the other Autobots he's got to run over several Decepticons and blast up the place before taking on Megatron.

Although how you top the entry from the second film is a tough darn question. Really the best shot part of the entire film so it's going to take a lot to beat that shot for action, lighting, and even framing.

8. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I want to see him drive off a cliff and punch a missile ^^

9. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    I want to see him drive off a missile and punch a cliff.

10. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lol 

11. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    You've got a point. How can Kruger top a peterbilt truck driving off a C-17, transforming in mid air, Parachuting down to a street then doing a roll while transforming into a truck.

12. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Heheheh.

Hmm...my first thought was of him running down a huge Decepticon in truck mode, doing the 360 transformation shot before he slaps the Decepticon aroud and then rips off his face to add to his personal collection.

Or, driving off another C-17, transforming mid-air, landing on top of Starscream or another flying Decepticon (Blitzwing? Shockwave? Another huge helicopter?), beating the crap out of it so it crashes into the ground as he effortlessly jumps off, transforms, and fades into evening traffic like nothing happened.

13. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He'll jump from TWO planes.

At the same time.

14. DarthCrusher

DarthCrusher Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hmm... how to top TF2...

He could ride an enormous bomb, (Dr. Strangelove style, with a giant cowboy hat in one hand) and totally frag some Decepticon bastiches. And then proceed to leap off the bomb before it detonates, survive somehow, and begin slicing off the faces of the dead Decepticons.

Seconded. If we don't get this, though, I'd love to see some fan art. Get on it, artistic ones.

And then Megatron, desperate for his own dynamic entrance, would do the same thing. With blackjack! And hookers!

15. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I want to see him ram a decepticon in his truck mode just before the decepticon is going to kill an autobot and then stab the decepticon.

Sweet, epic, Heroic, what more can you ask for?

16. DarthCrusher

News Credits:
    needs moar face-taking.

17. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    oh yea :thumbs2: 

18. DarthCrusher

News Credits:
    It has seriously gotten to the point where I struggle to come up with a serious dramatic entrance for Prime, given his psychotic tendencies. This would be a bad thing, were his psychotic tendencies not also AWESOME. :bay 

19. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Preferably with some fighting moves comparable to his Movie #2 exit. Only with a non-fatal finish.

20. Cmdr Prime

Cmdr Prime co-Commander of Autobots TFW2005 Supporter

Well I think that he should parachute out of the C17 Cargo plane once again, then Transform into his vehicle mode and destroy a Decepticon. That the way I see it