2D Artwork: Optimus Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by buretz, Nov 3, 2006.

1. buretz

buretz Autobot

Ebay:
    This is the first pic I've put on here. I've been doing colors for some people for awhile, but this is only the fifth time I've done lines (the first three sucked, btw).

Anyway, I did this picture to have Peter Cullen sign at Botcon and as I looked up at the autographed 8x10, I figured I'd share the pic with everyone. I'd appreciate any feedback which could improve my technique for if I ever get time to draw again (or you could bash me, your choice).

And for anyone interested in the approach used: The lines are hand-drawn and inked, then scanned in for Photoshop coloring. Every major surface area is its own layer which is individually gradiented (this thing takes a few minutes just to load... even with 3ghz p4 and 1.25gig ram... beast). Thanks!

[​IMG]

2. StarscreamNX

StarscreamNX Starscream Rules!

Cool, I wish I could draw.

3. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nice work!

4. Moroni Prime

Moroni Prime #TFYLP Podcast

News Credits:
    wow... Optimus Prime is imitating Street Fighter II Sagat (GI Joe version). very tall in the torso.

5. evilratbat

evilratbat EVILRATBAT

nice need to work on some ideas for example on the groin there needs to be one Colours are strong you may wanna do some more on Perspective. but all in all good work

6. buretz

buretz Autobot

Ebay:
    hadn't noticed that before, but now that you mention it... yeah... the grill area is a bit too tall and enlongates the torso.

Thanks everybody for the comments and suggestions. Like I said, I'm new at this and need to learn what to look for.

7. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    That's great. I know there is something wrong with the pic but I can't find it. Love the details in this one.

8. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Cool nice job on the colors but maybe a bit too reliant on the white lines at the 'creases'