Optimus Prime vs Megatron (toy question)

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Renidragon, Jul 4, 2008.

1. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

Jan 18, 2005
    OK, so since Cybertron, I like to have a Megatron to match my Optimus Prime... now, with some downsizing and regrowing of my collection, that isn't the case for every series, but, well, I can't help that right now.

But this is about the Animated toys. If I get Deluxe Cybertron Prime, I want to get Voyager Cybertron Megatron... if I get Voyager Earth Prime, I want Leader Earth Megatron.

I want to put this in before I start: it's really the transformation process, NOT the beginning or end result that is most important to me. Beginning and end results are secondary... For example. Movie Leader Megatron. Involved transformation, I like it... but the alt mode is just... WTF? Classics Mirage. Very intuitive, things move like they should, where they should.

As of now, I'm only interested in the show characters (though it's not like I have a lot of options!), but I can't help but wonder if I'd be better off skipping the Deluxe/Voyager combo and just getting the voyager/leader... Or getting both. I'd prefer to get the Earth modes first, then decide, but that leaves the problem of availability.

As far as the toys themselves go, the two Primes have a similar design, it looks like, but aside from size, I don't see anything that makes one stand above the other. Which, overall, is the better toy?

Voyager Megs looks pretty cool, I have to say. I know a lot of people don't like his alt mode... is that all? Or is he just not a fun toy?

Also... what about the 2-pack? It's a less expensive alternative... but it mixxes an Earth Prime with a Cybertron Megatron. Wouldn't really work matching a Deluxe sized Earth Prime against a Leader sized Earth Megatron.

Mods... sorry if this belongs in Toyark. Won't be at all troubled if you move it. :) 
  2. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2002
    News Credits:
    what do you mean by match? do you mean scale? Cuz from pics I think that leader megs and deluxe prime are pretty close.

spoiler for season 2 finale

look at the way megs tosses arroung prime as a shield. There is a huge size difference
  3. Boy who screams

Boy who screams Banned

Feb 23, 2008
    Yeah, get two-pack prime and leader Megatron. They match up in size.