Optimus Prime Voice Changer

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ultra Primus, Jul 13, 2007.

1. Ultra Primus

Ultra Primus ...with you on it?

First, since I'm new here I just want to know if there is a "forum search" somewhere, cause if there is it's not showing up for me in the usual places. I'm sure there is a topic already about the voice changer but I can't find it without a search function!

So.. on to the Voice Changer, I bought mine months ago. I had no clue and bought it so early on that I got stuck with the non Cullen voiced helmet, annoyed as I was when I found out, I made a trip to Toys R Us and they had a huge wall of them, I pushed almost every friggen one, only to be shutout of Cullen. A few weeks ago, I was in Wal Mart and there was one sitting on the bottom shelf calling to me, I pressed it... and it was CULLEN!! I couldn't believe it, the other 2 that were on the top shelf were non Cullen, so I made the purchase since I figured it would be hard to find it again locally.

Now... here is where I reversed my bad luck of getting burned early on.

When I got home, I carefully opened it, took out the good Cullen mask, saved all the ties and repackaged the crap mask, taped it up with packing tape (nicely taped as to not appear already opened), and took it back for a refund. I just told them I changed my mind. :inquisiti 

2. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod LarzArz on twitter, man.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The search function is being disabled due to something but I forget what the reason is though, welcome to the boards!

3. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    You, sir are a bad person. The Cullen helmet is CLEARLY marked on the box. A Chalk helmet in a Cullen box will disappoint someone later.

4. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    I did the same exact thing. Welcome, BTW!

5. Soundblaster1

News Credits:
    Need I say what I said before (in all its harshness)?

6. Ultra Primus

Firstly, I purchased the lame Chalk helmet before either of these were available in most retailers, I got it by chance cause the store I think put it on their shelves early than they were supposed to by a few weeks (if ya can believe that!).

Secondly, it is in very bad taste that they produced 2 different helmets when NOBODY cares about the non-Cullen one. I felt screwed when I found out.

...and thirdly I don't know if anyone can confirm this but both helmets (here in Canada) I have had DO NOT say which voice, it may have to do with where they were manufactured. I can tell you for certain it is NOT CLEAR as to what you are getting with EITHER voice changer, atleast not in this country!!!!

I'm a bad person?... no the company that produced these or more importantly the marketing team tried to fool the customer, they are the bad person(s) !!

7. Ultra Primus

Thanks for the welcome, bro!

8. Soundblaster1

News Credits:
    Left Panel... "Featuring the voice from the movie!"

9. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    On a marginally-related note, I have had ZERO luck tracking down the Cullen version of Cyber Stompin' Prime. I know it's out there somewhere, as someone provided pics a while back (alphie?).

10. Ultra Primus

If it does, oh well... I stand by the return. Plus, even if it says "the voice from the movie", most people press and test it before they buy it, they will know it's not the real voice if they are any kind of fan, and if they're not then they don't deserve a Cullen helmet anyway. :lol 

11. ams

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Also, they have different assortment numbers, which can be found on the bottom of the box.

original version: 53569 11098
    Cullen version:53569 26302

12. Wiggyof09

Wiggyof09 Well-Known Member

What you did is wrong. Someone who buys that now will be disappointed and truly stuck. You are doing to someone else what happened to you, only it's worse because you are doing it on purpose. if you don't think it is wrong then you have a warped moral compass.

13. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    I actually returned mine in the original, non-movie voice box, but, whatever...

14. Ultra Primus

I know it's technically wrong, but Wal Mart is a sucky corporation, so I don't feel bad returning it there. I was screwed first, it all evens out. It's not like I stole a car or something, I basically exchanged it for the voice that the majority of fans out there actually want.

Why would they manufacture Chalk in the first place, it was a stupid move to begin with...

It reminds me of a future date in time when they release "Transformers (2007)" and then 2 or 3 months later release "Transformers Special Awesome Extended Edition" when you've already bought it. I don't like being whored for "more" money by companies.

So, again while it is technically wrong... I don't feel bad about this. If companies would start producing things on the level, people wouldn't have to lower themselves to these tactics. :mad 

Who actually gives a s--- about Chalk???

15. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    I have found several Cullen CS Primes...not a one had the sticker on it though. Push the buttons already!

16. ams

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Good tip - I've just been looking for the sticker.