Optimus Prime Voice-Changer Helmet

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Sportimus, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I never bought the voice-changer helmets from the first or second movie, and now I wish I had. Is it true that this helmet will be released again for TF:D OTM toyline? I'm talking about the whole helmet, not those half-things that are nothing more than glorified Halloween masks. Will the sounds and voice phrases be the same? Are these decent to wear for adults? I'm asking because I was thinking of making an Optimus Prime costume for Halloween, either out of cheap wood or cardboard, or some combination of the two. I was also thinking of the BB V-C helmet as an option.

Also, Revving Robots? Can anyone tell me what exactly these do?

2. engledogg

engledogg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yep, it will be released again for DotM.

Dark of the Moon Optimus Prime Helmet, Role Play Sword and Stealth Force Images - Transformers News - TFW2005

Revving Robots...basically they're similar to the Power Bots from ROTF (non-transforming, kiddie-like sculpts), but these have a lever/switch on their arm which you move up and down, activating a feature. The two Revving Robots (so far) are Optimus and Bumblebee. Optimus Prime's buzzsaw makes sounds and lights up when you move the lever. Bumblebee's spinning fist thing does pretty much the same thing. Each also features a button on the chest that, when pressed, causes some catchphrases to be spoken.

MIKE
    engledogg

3. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks! I'm glad that helmet is coming out again since it saves me from over-paying for a used one on evilbay.

4. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Check out yard sales and thift shops and such. I go to car boot sales and there's almost always at least one Optimus helmet for sale. I bought mine from a car boot sale for, if I remember correctly, £4. Strangely I've yet to see the Bumblebee helmet at one though.

5. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    Am I the only one who thinks it would be a totally awesome idea to have the 3D theater lenses in the voice changer helmets? I know you couldn't easily munch on popcorn in the full helmet, but I'd buy it. Right now I'm trying to figure out how to pop the lenses out of my Cinemask and into my movie 1 Prime helmet...

6. Optimus Axl

Optimus Axl Active Member

I got my OP helmet on craigslist for $15. And the BB helmet new at TRU for $20 on clearance also. So check craigslist for them. I found mine around Halloween being sold as a Halloween mask.

7. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Man, but would you ever get sweaty!