Optimus Prime quits?!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by tektektek, Nov 18, 2009.

1. tektektek

tektektek New Member

News Credits:
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2009
  2. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Meh. I have not picked it up yet, but I can't see Prime quitting for more than a few issues anyway .

3. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Bah. It's happened before.

4. Attacker_Prime

Attacker_Prime Optimus Prime forever

Whoa. That is a massive plot twist! I hope they bring Optimus back or put someone worthy in his place.

5. antapp

antapp Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    What a loada tosh.

"Well, I woke up today and didn't fancy being Autobot leader anymore, here you go Hot Rod, have the Matrix, I'm going to go sunning myself on Nebulos. Let me know how you get on."

IDW - Instantly Despised Writing.

6. Sledgehammer

Sledgehammer Digital art monkey

Erm, didn't Marvel do this (for about the duration of one issue, following the 'death' of Ratchet)?

But regardless, they should stick Brawn in command, at least that'd be entertaining (or something).

7. swampflight

swampflight Banned

Oh no,the horror!!!!

Who will lead the Autobots from falling into chaos? I'm sure it will be a well thought out decision,it not like they are going to put a Dinobot in charge.....

8. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

Something fans of all types often forget ;) 

9. ryan.j

ryan.j Well-Known Member

because that's exactly how they're going to write it, right?

thank christ all other comics are the greatest literature since shakespear's much-loved (and strictly for dour, joyless grown ups) Vacillating Horse-Carts opus, otherwise people might not take the medium seriously.

i for one am looking forward to my son being old enough to discover transformers, comics - and specifically transformers comics - so i can tell him at length how terrible they are now, and how he will never know how good it was back in the day. how special. how important.

10. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

Arise Rodimus Prime? I hope so! And Costa mentioned a love for Bluestreak in a privious interview, I hope that's one of the "seriously under utilized" characters who will finally get some spotlight. Really had no idea about Ironhide spoilers til I read that. Wonder if he gets killed by the humans. Now that I could see really depressing Op, especially after he convinced Ironhide in AHM not to retire. I'm seeing shades of how Op was feeling after Ratchet died back in that yesterday's heroes issue of the old Marvel comics. We all know Op will come back eventually to lead, so I for one plan to enjoy the ride of who gets to be in change in the meantime (Rodimus, please!) and not denouce the story outright. I do feel sorry for Ironhide fans though, especially since we learned another character thought dead will be returning soon.

11. Fairlady_Z

Arise Rodimus Prime? I hope so! And Costa mentioned a love for Bluestreak in a privious interview, I hope that's one of the "seriously under utilized" characters who will finally get some spotlight. Really had no idea about Ironhide spoilers til I read that. Wonder if he gets killed by the humans. Now that I could see really depressing Op, especially after he convinced Ironhide in AHM not to retire. I'm seeing shades of how Op was feeling after Ratchet died back in that yesterday's heroes issue of the old Marvel comics. We all know Op will come back eventually to lead, so I for one plan to enjoy the ride of who gets to be in change in the meantime (Rodimus, please!) and not denouce the story outright. I do feel sorry for Ironhide fans though, especially since we learned another character thought dead will be returning soon.

12. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    Isn't Optimus Prime dying, leaving or disappearing now the Transformer equivalent of Jean Grey dying?

13. Fairlady_Z

Oh, Op has Jean beat by about 10 deaths/departures at least. ;-) He's the true resurrection king of comics.

14. DarthCrusher

DarthCrusher Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, they did. The funny part was that within literally about five minutes, Prime had to come running back to save them from their own poorly-constructed plan to get him back.

I'll second Brawn being put in command. As long as the Prime upgrade comes with shoulder armor.

15. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

Looks like Prime resigned so he could surrender to the humans to try and make peace.

Yeah, that'll last.

- Coeloptera

16. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Just that one page makes it pretty obvious he's surrendering, so he can try to settle things peacefully with the humans.

17. Sioce

Sioce Radicon in training

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not difficult to be resurrected when your a truck....
    I know I resurrected my 1991 Ford Ranger at least a dozen times.

Don't know if Hot Rod should be the leader though...seems anyone that gets to close to him in battle tends to die.
    Maybe in this comic series they will use Hot Rod's spark to bring Prime back.
    Seems fitting...

18. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I understand now. Ironhide and Prime just don't want to be in this damn book. Ironhide just wanted out of it more.

19. ChopperByrne

ChopperByrne Well-Known Member

Can't see them giving Hot Rod the matrix, I'd say the alt cover is just to throw people off.

Prowl or Magnus will probably lead.

20. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Meh. It's comic books. Nobody "quits" or "dies" very long in an ongoing series. He'll be gone at the very least for the run of a 3-issue storyarc. At most, a year.

Everyone comes back eventually.