optimus prime question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by bumblebob, Apr 24, 2009.

1. bumblebob

bumblebob Member

Hi I recently purchased a G1 collection and in it is an optimus prime.His roller and blue pieces on trailer are a lighter blue than normal and on the bottom its stamped takara japan in english but no date or japanese markings.Also in it was a frenzy with no decepticon sticker and says cassette on it.Are these early releases pre-rubs or knockoffs any information would be appreciated.thanks

Attached Files:

2. katch26

katch26 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    looks fake.......just my opinion but as old as it is and to not have rubbing on the triler hinge pins seems odd but it could be the picture. Also looking at the sticker..do you see how the colors are less smooth?, thats generally what happens when a color copy is reproduced (copied) instead of copied digitally. These are all just observations and in no way shape or form an authority but side by side the one on the right definately looks "off"

3. mweeuser

mweeuser Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    checkout this site, Pre-Transformers!

Once there look for the section on Optimus Primes. You have one of the early variants. I don't now if this is correct but I'm pretty sure it is.

The lblue, regular purple and grey (with metal plates) all existed pre-rub and the only one left after the rub symbol was the standard purple.

4. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    not sure , I have seen some damn good prime KOs around being sold as G1 for g1 prices and i avoid them, asi canusually detect something that most miss and this one doesn't seem quite right, Im not as much of an expert on this as i should bebut my gut tells me this isn't a G1 asi know them, but as Mweeuser said it could be a variant, i just don't know enough yet to be sure XD ah slag my post is use less to you :banghead: 

5. bumblebob

bumblebob Member

Thanks for the input so far fellas.purchased as part of a childhood collection on e-bay from someone who dosn't sell toys.Came with a bunch of other transformers many pre-rub.many had some grime on them from being stored away for a while including prime.99% sure trailer is a diaclone leftover used with the first produced primesThanks for the link mweeuser.

6. starsaber888

starsaber888 Well-Known Member

Hi guys, i was just checking the bottom of my G1 OP trailer, i can't find any writing at all. i bought the toy back in the 80s.. i am not sure which version i have and what year it was made. where can i find the hasbro or takara marking? is the marking on the trailer or on prime itself? thanks.