Optimus Prime (Peter Cullen) Interview

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Phelan, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Phelan

Phelan Member

We gave a forum the chance to ask Peter Cullen aka Optimus Prime some questions and I thought I would share them with you:

2. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    wow Peter Cullen is my idol! He has done so many great voices in the past i am so glad that he is reprising his role. I know growing up that Optimus has always played a big role in my life as a role model. I really wish Frank had gotten the part because i believe Frank is the greatest voice for megatron or the others what would be an amazing thing would be that his voice would be for another character that we havent heard yet. Great interview i know when i go to the movie i will have constant chills from hearing Cullen's voice. Autobots transform and roll out

3. OptimusPie

OptimusPie Active Member

Legend!

4. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    Cullen rules. It's rare to read interviews with people involved in Hollywood who don't come off as arrogant gits spouting bullshit, but he always comes across as humble and dignified.

Cullen FTW.

5. oddobot

oddobot carpe diem all diem long

Ebay:
    It's a shame that more actors, voice and otherwise, can't be more like Peter Cullen
    in the fact that he doesn't think he's better than anyone! Peter Cullen rules!!

6. Autobot HipHop

Autobot HipHop Covert Operations

This was just an awesome read! Thanks to the thread creator. Listening to Mr. Cullen speak I can see why Prime is one of my favorite characters. He seems to have a passion for his character of Prime which shines through in his voice.

I'm going to have to find Peter Cullen's interview with Frank Welker. I find it interesting that Cullen and Welker seem to be good friends off the show but bitter enemies on hehe. I hope Hugo is a good replacement.

7. VAwitch

VAwitch G1 GeekGirl

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Glad to see Cullen loves Prime as much as the public does.

I also think that Cullen gave a very politic (but fair) comment about the Welker v. Weaving debate. Which most of the people I've spoken to in RL echo - sad no Welker, looking forward to what Weaving does (then it can be torn apart, if necessary).

8. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

This interview makes me love Mr. Cullen all the more. He's not just talented but also well-spoken and humble, such an all-around nice guy.

One question that didn't get asked that I want to know the answer to though: WHO'S DOING THE VOICE OF IRONHIDE?

9. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    You read something like this, and can't help but admire the guy even more. :D 

10. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

MR. Cullen is KING!

11. Bluestreak

Bluestreak Well-Known Member

It's so cool how a great character like Optimus has such a great guy like Cullen as his voice actor. Very fitting.

12. unicron's blues

unicron's blues I need to get rich!

Peter Cullen is nothing but a class act from everything I've read about him to even meeting him and shaking his hand, one of the true greats that doesn't get enough credit IMO.

13. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Nice interview :thumb :

I just have one question.................................Who's Peter Cullen? :p 

14. MADAM_MEG

MADAM_MEG Well-Known Member

It is sad to hear that Peter just working voice alone and no other voice actors to do their voice collaborations.

Untill now for the voice work there was only Peter interview and hear he speak as Prime. How about the rest of voiceover????

15. Rodimus25

Rodimus25 Well-Known Member

I think I'm looking almost more forward to the game, just to see The Originals together again.