Optimus Prime on "Raising Hope"

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by TimToyGeek, Dec 8, 2010.

1. TimToyGeek

TimToyGeek Well-Known Member

Last night on the (very funny new) TV comedy "Raising Hope," there was a plot about the father hoarding the hot toy for the holidays and making money off selling them at the last minute. They had a flashback showing his son, Jimmy, playing with an Optimus Prime among a big stack of OP boxes. He looked to be about 5 or 6 years old.

On the show he's about 17 to 20, not really specified. A reviewer of that episode thought it was strange that he was playing with an original OP when he's only 20 in modern day, but I thought the toy was the Armada OP, that's what the box looked like. But that was out in 2002, so the timing doesn't work well with that either.

It could have been Laser OP or Machine Wars OP, but neither were a 'hot toy' as far as I know. Did anyone catch this episode and know which toy they were featuring?

Tim
    "toy geek"

2. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Hot toys in real life don't automatically become hot toys in fiction. Sounds like the reviewer was reading waaaaay to into what was just a typical flashback scene.....

3. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    It's just like how in television shows, whenever people are playing a videogame, they are apparently playing Playstations with Gamecube controllers, and the game is some shit 8 bit game with accompanying sound effects.

In short: don't read into it too much.

4. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's a known fact that 90% of all TV video games sound identical to either Atari 2600 Pac-Man or Atari 2600 Donkey Kong, and those that don't usually sound like Galaga. :) 

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    It was the recently released 25th Anniversary reissue of G1 Optimus Prime. I love that show, and I laughed at his dad being a scalper.

6. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

It's a TV show. I don't think they're going for any kind of historical accuracy.

7. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Don't believe everything you see on TV. Unless of coarse it's Jamie, Adam, James, Richard, and Jeremy. LOL! :) 

8. GPTF01

GPTF01 Well-Known Member

it might be the G1 prime with the black trailer and voice box.

my first transformer

9. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Yeah kinda odd since it came out like two years ago lol! But yeah great show, probly the best new show on television right now.