Optimus Prime Narrates NASA Exploration Video

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by spiritprime, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Keith Prime

Keith Prime Advanced Engineer

News Credits:
    Well, if you've been paying attention to my Sig... or my avatar... :confused2 

I learned that it was in the pipeline at Kunikon '05. Noone wanted to make a robot movie back then. Then TransFormers got made, & everyone wanted to... Then Toei decided it didn't like that it wouldn't get paid & delayed it. :banghead: 

The original script put it on a Post Apocalyptic Earth :banghead: , but that eventually got fixed to Arus like it should be. :)  It isn't clear which will be used, or if the script will be done up from scratch.

There were a long list of problems, but it's finally supposed to be either in production or getting close to it.

I haven't been keeping up on it like I should be.

There's also a Live Action Robotech Movie in the works (also going back to '05, iirc) which has all other Robotech stuff on hold (like the follow up to Shadow Chronicles), which has a Producer attached: unfortunately, it's Toby Mcguire, & rumor is he's asking to be Rick. :banghead:  Luckily, WEP is as dubious about Toby being Rick Hunter as the fans are & are trying to push back, but in the end Toby has the $$$, so if he won't back off, we might be stuck.

2. T4mercustomz

T4mercustomz I LIVE

News Credits:
    If peater cullen told me to jump of a bridge in that voice I wouldn't jump I would leap

3. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Interesting stuff... seems like eventually all the unlikely stuff sitting in development hell is getting made!

Unfortunately, fanboy actors are killing us on some of these projects (Nick Cage in Ghost Rider... TWICE??). I grew up on Robotech too, Tobey, but you're 36 years old. You're not Rick Hunter, dammit!

zmog

4. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    The only thing NASA seem to be doing is planning some fun an games with Outer solar System Planet's moon's missions and maybe some more looksee at the asteroids.

I think in the Medium term they might like to go have a look at the distant edge of the Solar system. I suppose eventually new Launch vehicles will be made but i don't see that happening for a very long time due to the cost - and somewhere like China or India might be the only thing that lights a fire under the USA enough to want to spend the money on such a thing. even the russians killed their shuttle programme.

Perhaps it may not even be util fusion is perfected until anything especially exciting happens. I think most of this board will be pension age before that happens though.

Oh and unless the Moon has a crap load of Platinum or Iridium on it to mine it's worth as a long term base is at best debatable.

Some other countries might be hoping to do a Space Elevator though once someone finally figures out how to mass produce carbon 60 and the like. Lots of tech is being held back though by other tech things causing blocks are thing related to power production and storage and advanced materials if they get sorted the rest will follow quickly if they don't then the 21st Century will be a re-run on the late 20th.

5. Keith Prime

Keith Prime Advanced Engineer

News Credits:
    There is research on-going regarding Plasma Engines (using an atomic reaction to create the equivalent of a tiny sun in the propulsion device). We can make one, but we need to find materials that will survive the heat. Research is looking into how a magnetic field can help contain the heat & protect metals.

6. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    As I Said power and materials is what is hold tech back there is not powerful enough batteries that are portable enough for a variety of tech.

7. Xaddion

Xaddion ...

News Credits:
    Can someone make an audio file containing the narration without the background music? Or at least the music without the narration?