Optimus Prime is going down!

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by weeklyhero, Feb 2, 2008.

1. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

I have to disagree about the other Autobots not being effective. Some weren't but others were VERY effective. Even in the very first More Than Meets the Eye series it isn't Prime who saves the day but Mirage. The Aerialbots save Prime in War Dawn. Omega saves Earth in The Secret of Omega Supreme etc. etc. I always viewed Prime as a wonderful leader but there were a lot of other great Autobot victories as well. That said I think Galvatron, Megatron, or Sixshot all have a good chance. Throw in Skywarp if he actually used his teleport ability effectively.

2. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    Megatron since he has already done it and then Prime would come back from the grave and kick megatron ass...so in other words no one.

3. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

No Decepticon has ever been able to single handedly defeat Optimus. Even Megatron had to get help from Hot Rod.

4. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT

News Credits:
    There is a tiny problem here. Namely, the fact that Megatron had been engaged in combat for a day and a half before Prime arrived. Megatron thus had to have been low on energy and he had probably been injured multiple times.

5. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

That's a good point. Although whether he'd be able to beat him on his own, and without direction, I'm not sure. It's tricky; although it's said he's not very intelligent, and needs to be kept on a fairly tight leash, he's also known to be very creative in regards to hurting people. So I think he at least stands a decent chance if he really gets his groove on.

6. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

What will he do? Push Prime off the stairs? Put sugar in Prime's tank?

7. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    No one except Megatron and that is as close you can get.

Galvatron gets beaten and thrown half way around the galaxy by Rodimus. So Prime shouldent have a problem.

Even if we go to later G1 I have trouble seeing any of the other evil bad guys take down the original Prime.

if not misstaken the G1 Prime is the leader that hade the longest period of leadership. He was defeted because Hot Rod put his nose were it shouldent be.

I admit Shockwave and Galvatron are strong but if looking at Dark Awakening one hit by Primes gun on Galvatron and Cyclonus has to carry him out. Primes gun is not a reguler weapon. It is PRIMES GUN.

Prime has one equal and that is Megatron.

8. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Prime is the number one bot not number two. Because of this NO BOT could defeat prime.

He's fought them all and he still lives. Heck even when he died he came back. So once you beat prime you have to deal with ZOMBIE PRIME.

Thanx
    Transbot90210

9. $5HotRod

$5HotRod Trailbreaker Fan

Ebay:
    I think Laserbeak may have something to say about that.

10. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Not the way Megatron lead in the cartoon. He was just standing behind his Decepticons and firing shots at the Autobots from there. I seriously doubt any of the Autobots ever got close enough to injure him let alone deplete any of his power.

Personally, I'm going to say that Prime's too tenacious to be easily defeated by any Decepticon. Prime may not be as strong as some of his opponents, but he's the kind that keeps coming no matter what and he has the ability to think on his feet. The DW comic where Prime nails Devastator with a point blank shot to the face really shows what Optimus can do.

Yeah, but when Laserbeak shot up Prime's Cosmo-whatever he was already heavily injured not from battling a trio of Seekers that he was kicking the shit out of, but because he shielded a bunch of humans from an exploding super computer and than he was blasted up by those same Seekers while he was already heavily wounded from the explosion. So, by the time Laserbeak got to him, he was already in dire straights... and while the Seekers contributed... they certainly weren't the cause.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2008
  11. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    What's funny is Prime is still more or less fine (less the needing to get a new cosmotron) after his chest explodes.

Then when it's installed, he BRINGS IT to Megatron.

12. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yeah, tell me about it. It's like 'BOOM' big explosion and than he's still alive moaning afterwards and not dead. And than he totally pwns Megs.

Honestly, that had to be one of my favorite episodes as a kid and I remember watching it a ridiculous amount of times... :lol 

13. $5HotRod

Ebay:
    Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of in "A Prime Problem" where Optimus pretty much Mr. T-threw the three Seekers with hardly any effort. Then he saw Laserbeak, made his "tinfoil turkey" comment, took a shot which missed, then Laserbeak fired twice and took Prime down knocking him off a cliff. Megatron had to call Laserbeak off by telling him not to destroy Prime, but to scan him. Why they didn't destroy Prime after the scan makes no sense though. Then the whole clone-Prime thing might have gone off without a hitch.

14. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Ah, that episode. I always figured that one was just Megatron talking. Laserbeak had already proven that he couldn't destroy Prime in the afformentioned episode when he had a clear shot at his innards... and Prime missing and falling off a cliff was essential to the episodes plot... of course, that last part could be argued about any G1 episode.

15. $5HotRod

Ebay:
    But regardless, Optimus Prime was defeated by Laserbeak. All the opening post wanted was which Decepticon(s) could defeat Prime in a 1-on-1 fight with no cheating a la "Heavy Metal War".

16. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Bad Luck Incarnate

Wheelie

17. $5HotRod

Ebay:
    Wheelie's a Decepticon? I knew it, I just knew it. :p 

18. TheIncredibleHulk

The cute little, rhyming robot, thing has to be an act. Give Prime a false sense of security, BAM! Prime's dead.

19. Basketball Jones

Basketball Jones Decepticon

Given how Sixshot wiped the floor with the Aerialbots and Ultra Magnus, if the continuity allowed for it, I can see him defeating Prime.

Note that the Aerialbots were laughably defeated in under a minute in a five-on-one scenario and Ultra Magnus was helpless while Sixshot toyed with him before delivering the execution. Prime may be tenacious, but Sixshot is an emotionless and unstoppable evil- no taunting, no laughing, no compassion- just an endless assault until the target expires.

20. TheIncredibleHulk

The evidence is there. You just got to know where to look.Take llamatron's sig for instance....the little girl is scared shitless...

[​IMG]