Heavy/Scratch: Optimus Prime Halloween costume --- CUSTOM!!!

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Classio, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Classio

Classio Well-Known Member

halloween's around the corner and I am racing to complete my Optimus Prime costume. I got the costume at Target for $40 about 2 weeks ago. here is how it looks:

[​IMG]

the front of the costume is awesome!!!! it has this really cool chest piece attachment with see through windows:

[​IMG]

also included is a one-sided mask (covers only your face):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

unfortunately, the back of the costume is totally gray, no design nonewhatsoever. the front is like totally kicka$$. the back is utter trash. so I took it upon myself to customize it with a little help from my mother.

2. Classio

I think most people will agree that the Optimus Prime voice changer helmet is the ideal helmet/mask to use with this costume rather than the one sided mask that comes with the target costume.

[​IMG]

I work with disabled kids on saturdays so last saturday I came in my Optimus Prime custom costume. because some of the children get scared by masks, I had to drastically alter the Optimus Prime voice changer helmet. my entire face had to visible; so I had no other choice but to buy a second Optimus Prime voice changer helmet. a lot of money but let me tell u def worth the sacrifice.

as sam says, No Sacrifice, No Victory. And trust me the sacrifice led to victory. I was able to wear the custom helmet and the kids loved it. well u want pictures??? here they are:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Classio

for the custom voice changer helmet, I unscrewed the lenses and cut out the nose/mouthplate with a heated knife. burnt my fingers numerous times but hell it was friggin worth the effort. oh and for those of u wondering, the electronics are still intact:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]