Optimus Prime gets significantly stronger after each movie (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by OptimusPrimeX47, Jul 2, 2011.

1. OptimusPrimeX47

OptimusPrimeX47 Well-Known Member

In TF1 he was awesome killing Bonecrusher but lost to Megatron
    In TF2 he took on Grindor, Starscream, and Megatron all at once. Best scene of the movie, that was just so awesome. And destroyed The Fallen and Megatron again at the end.
    In TF3 he killed the huge worm like machine, Shockwave, Megatron (with ONE arm!), Sentinel Prime, and a TON of Decepticons.
    In TF4 I'm guessing he will kill Unicron and Galvatron with no arms and one leg.

Anyone else see this pattern? By the way my favorite Optimus Prime is movie version by far.

2. Awesomus Prime

Awesomus Prime I rise, you fall.

News Credits:
    Well, technically Megatron severely weakened Sentinel and Optimus shot him in the head...

3. GFH

GFH The G Squad

News Credits:
    Hah, TF4. Unicron. Why so Geewun?

Maybe he's been working out?

4. OptimusPrimeX47

OptimusPrimeX47 Well-Known Member

Sentinel told all the Decepticons to attack Prime while he tried to get away. If anything Prime was weakened before the final Sentinel fight. Before Sentinel called in the Decepticons Prime was winning.
    Not only that but I think they wanted the audience to feel like not all Decepticons are weak and get beaten so easily even though Sentinel wasn't a Decepticons. So they gave Sentinel the upper hand. But they had to make way for the Megatron betrayal, I'm pretty sure that's the main reason.

5. vatarian

vatarian Snide dame

It seems like if you're on the side of good, you win, megatron was a weak-ass punk when fighting autobots, but the moment he fought for good he wasted sentinels aa, when OP couldn't. just sayin.

6. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

^He attacked Sentinel by his back, Sentinel was too busy saying "WHAT THE SHIT?" to fight back.

7. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    He is a pretty significant badass, but let's not forget a couple of facts:

1) Prime was losing the fight with Megs in the original movie, Sam had to save him with the Allspark.
    2) Prime actually lost the fight in the forest scene (best TFs scene of all time though)
    3) Prime needed to be powered up by Jetfire to beat Megs and The Fallen
    4) Prime was slapped down like a little bitch by Sentinel on the Mall in DC
    5) The other Autobots were initially helping during the final fight with Sentinel and may have weakened him.

Really, I think the thing that makes Prime so great and such an awesome character is that he wins even when he is outnumbered and outclassed. His strength of character is what leads him to victory, not necessarily his physical strength.

8. buickanddeere

buickanddeere Well-Known Member

In the scene before the Autobots blast off where Prime is telling Sam "The fight is your own" etc. Primes chest is wider, thicker with servos he didn't previously have.

9. HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy Decepticon. I'm no hero

News Credits:
    this

10. Optibot

Optibot The boss

well i think one of the main reasons prime got beat so bad in the first movie is because he was in a city with buildings and other people to protect so he couldnt go all mortal combat on megatron like he did in the third movie, and the only reason he lost the forest battle was he turned his back of megatron to look for sam, but time does pass between thes movies so of course optimus is gonna get stronger

11. Soulmaster

Soulmaster Well-Known Member

that would explain his six pack lol!

12. Urbanrocker

Urbanrocker Active Member

Optimus actually had several chances to kill Megatron and Starscream during the forest fight. I think he was actually trying to keep at least one of them alive so he could find out what they were planning. Had he killed all three of them the Fallen probably could've activated the sun harvester without them even knowing what was going on.

13. Rodimus25

Rodimus25 Well-Known Member

For all intensive purposes Megatron kill sentinel... Prime just finished him... Megs was weakened from the start... Starscream eluded to it early in the film when he commented on Megs condition.. But Megs still had enough left to take out that fraud sentinel.

14. Rodimus25

Rodimus25 Well-Known Member

Oh.. And my theory on Prime being stronger is The Matrix!!! It's raw power that makes him almost invincible !!! Where as Megs has become weaker from what seems like downgrades each film to this one, where he seems to have got no repairs at all. So that forest scene in rotf was a spare parts Megs vs 100% Optimus, and the climax was Un winnable for Megs, seeing as how Prime had the matrix.

15. OrionsBelt

OrionsBelt Well-Known Member

Maybe, but in my little head, he just got to Earth, and really didn't know the humans all that well yet, but after Sam saved him and he got to know the team of Nest, he had more of a reason to fight off the Decpticons. Basically, I just don't think his heart wasn't in it as much as it was in the second film.

16. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Go Dennis Erb Jr. #28!!!

News Credits:
    I know. first movie-wuss, 2nd-face taker, 3rd-badass mofo

17. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Perhaps he's a Saiyen, that could be the case.

18. buickanddeere

buickanddeere Well-Known Member

OP got b*tch slapped by SP because OP was both stunned with surprise. Hoping that SP was not himself and was under remote control by the Decepticons. OP didn't want to damage SP if there was hope.
    In a fresh fight with no pre existing damage. I would say SP was the stronger of the two. Without even considering the rust nanites.

19. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

If I'm correct,he got about 12 kills in Dotm with Ironhide,Ratchet,Bumblebee and the Wreckers tied for 2nd with 2 each :lol 

20. Sideways77

Sideways77 its movie time here come the manbabies

News Credits:
    Man, in TF4, Prime WILL be the villain.