Optimus Prime "G1" Collection Value

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by azzkikr, Jul 27, 2012.

1. azzkikr

azzkikr Member

Hi there fellow fans...I'm a newbie here and look forward to contributing more posts and pictures in the coming months. But for now, I just wanted to get your folks' feedback on the possible value of my Optimus Prime "G1" collection. I have many other "G1" Transformers but Optimus is by far the figure I collect the most. Here is a list of what I currently have in my display cases.

1. Diaclone Battle Convoy/w Box, ALL accessories and TWO unused sticker sheets, unfortunately no drivers and no paperwork. Condition is C9+++

2. 4 Optimus Prime's "Red Foot" versions.
    One is brand new in the open box, but accessories are not on trees, condition C9+++ Ceji Revell Box with the Cajofe flap.
    One is in C9+ condition, but the box is damaged. Complete, Ceji Revell Box with the Cajofe flap
    The other two are C9+ but are loose with no box. Only have fists, Gun and Roller.

3. Movie Mail Away, complete w/unused sticker sheet, with movie certificate and movie circular sticker, all paperwork. (I have Mail Away Megatron as well).

4. Two Pepsi Optimus Primes, one Brand new in the box with unused sticker sheet and unused Pepsi decals. The other open with applied stickers and Pepsi decals all in C9+ condition. Both complete and with paper work.

5. One regular Hasbro Optimus Prime version, complete and in C9+ condition. All paper work.

All my transformers, including my Superion (1), Devastator (1), SkyLynx (1), Ultra Magnus (2), Sideswipe (1), Red Alert (1), Sunstreaker (2), Starscream (1), Rodimus Prime (1) are all in C9+++ condition, I bought as an adult and only bought the best. I'm currently saving up to buy a new home and thus want to know how much I might be able to sell my pieces for. Any guidance would be appreciated and would prefer to avoid selling on ebay. Thanks in advance guys.

2. Big Dawg

Big Dawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would suggest looking at ebay completed listings for many of your items. Really it all comes down to what someone offers you- I've seen a lot of similar threads to these pop up and most of the time the OP doesn't like the answers that are given

3. Methusalen

Methusalen Not good enough for G1!

News Credits:
    I have to agree with Big Dawg, a Completed Auctions search is probably your best bet at gauging a rough estimate on what you could get for your collection.

Alternatively, if you're mainly looking for the cash; you could try selling your collection on the "Buy/Sell/Trade" forums here on TFW, or to online retailers such as TFsource or BigBadToyStore. While you won't get what you might by selling them yourself, you can sell everything at once to TFsource or BBTS, without risking the chance of a poor $$$ sale, an underhanded buyer, or Ebay/Paypal fees...

4. azzkikr

azzkikr Member

Thank you both for your reply.

I've taken a look at completed auctions but it seems ebay doesnt have the type of history they did before as far as completed auctions. I think I will give the BST forum a shot before looking to ebay or other buyers of collections as I'd like to get top dollar for the items. I suppose I could start on ebay and set unrealistic reserves to gage the market before selling on here or elsewhere. Thanks again for the useful imput.