Optimus Prime from G1 vs Optimus Prime(Ginrai)from Masterforce

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by galvatron1976, Dec 29, 2010.

1. galvatron1976

galvatron1976 Well-Known Member

Hello ,i have a question can Optimus Prime from G1 US cartoon defeat Optimus Prime from Japanese cartoon Masterforce,I don't think so ,do you consider Optimus from Masterforce are more powerful than Optimus Prime in G1 since he a powermaster and more bigger size ?

I bet Optimus from masterforce can defeat Optimus Prime from G1 ,what do you think?

Thanks.

2. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    Is the 1976 in your user name your date of birth?

Regarding the question at hand, bigger isn't always better.

Wait, wait, wait. You're location has changed from some random american state to Malaysia. Explains it - the language thing.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2010
  3. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Size is nothing, Optimus in G1 is good enough to handle even the biggest opponents.

That said, Masterforce Ginrai has a whole lot of powers. He controls the three elements and has the highest innate mastery of them right from the word go, though without his super modes, he'd not be able to take Optimus in battle - he lacks experience like Optimus has.

That said, a fully powered up God Ginrai, as seen during the later episodes? He was pretty near invincible, he probably could pull it off. Though Generation 1 Optimus still is a very tough opponent, he's got wits up there with the best of them and he's the most resourceful of all the Autobots when he has his back to the wall, so in ten battles, I can see him winning five.

4. Kaje

Kaje Well-Known Member

There is no Optimus Prime from Masterforce.

5. Rigas

Rigas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Even at the start and at his weakest God Master Ginrai is more powerful than G1 Prime. He has that automatic self healing energy, plus the Chokon powers, then if you start to include the upgrades G1 just becomes a smear under his boot.
    Also I don't think Ginrai ever dies in Masterforce, where as G1 Prime dies at the drop of the hat.

6. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    I was wondering the same...

7. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    G1 Prime channels John Wayne. He will win.

8. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I thought the idea was that a powermaster/godmaster would be more powerful than a normal Transformer pretty much every time. Unfortunately, that doesn't bode well for G1 Prime, as much as I'm sure people would prefer he won.

9. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    G1 Optimus could always just wait until human Ginrai has disconnected from his transtector and then step on him. But then G1 Op isn't that kinda guy.
    Why are they fighting in the first place? I mean in this fight which is the 'good' guy? The good guy will win.
    Can G1 Optimus use the Matrix somehow? Disable all those powers Ginrai has?
    I think if G1 Optimus can survive long enough he can just 'accidentally' punch through Ginrai's human engine and kill him that way.

10. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In terms of pure power being brought to the table, Ginrai wins it with little contest. His powers are flat-out supernatural and will Kick. Your. Ass. I could see Prime being able to tactically out-manoeuvre him, but ultimately, I don't know what advantage that would give him in the end, since Ginrai's rapid-healing and constantly replenishable energy sources puts Prime winning by attrition off the table. He couldn't punch through his human engine, as Gingerchris suggests, because Godmasters don't remain flesh and blood - they actually become metallic and fuse utterly with their Transtector, sharing all the regenerative power. The whole point of Godmasters is that they are the ultimate super-robot lifeform, essentially unbeatable by other normal Transformers. MAYBE the Matrix could do something - it's about as vaguely defined as a power source as Chokon Power is, and you can only fight a McGuffin with a McGuffin! :) 

11. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I get what the OP is trying to ask, but man is it worded horribly.

There is no Masterforce Optimus Prime.

It should probably read: "Who would win? G1 Optimus Prime or G1 Ginrai?" or something like that...

Everyone else answered this...

12. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    I find all Masterforce characters to lack personality. Somehow these Japanese characters who operate the robot bodies, just don't connect with me...

So, G1 Optimus Prime wins it for me all the way.

13. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

The character from Materforce is not Optimus Prime.

14. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    1. They wouldn't fight.

2. Even if they did, Optimus would never attack Ginrai in a serious manner because of the whole "human" thing. At best, he'd try to disable the transtector body.

15. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Are you also bored of these "good guy 1 vs. good guy 2" battle situations? Even in crossover stories I always wanted to see the good guys work together, not fight each other.

16. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Yeah, there's no reason to pit autobots against autobots or autobots against cybertrons whatever.

17. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    If Ginrai had appeared in "Dark Awakening" or something, he would have made short work out of G1 Prime. He probably couldn't permit himself to go all Fire Guts on another hero, though.

18. Jasbraman

Jasbraman Eats Igyaks for breakfast

I don't think it'd be much of a contest. Optimus Prime can take on Devastator by himself. Also, who needs magical super powers and gimmicks when you're the best marksman in the Autobots with an Ion blaster?

19. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Who needs an Ion blaster when you control "CHOKON POWER" and can resurrect yourself after being smashed into a pulp? Or the "God Fire Guts" attack?

Yeah, Ginrai has Optimus beat on power and fighting ability.

But they wouldn't ever fight each other.

20. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    It kinda bothers me that someone can't ask a question without people stepping in to question his age, why his grammar sucks, how stupid a question it is, and how tired they are of questions like this.

I forgot what paragons of conversation and charm you all must be...