Minor/Repaint: Optimus Prime Custom

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by OPTIMUS PRIME24, Aug 16, 2007.

1. OPTIMUS PRIME24

OPTIMUS PRIME24 Member

Hi there im new here and i recently sign up but i look around here for a while now. i have done a few custom figures before, but this is my first transformers custom i have ever done. for the past three weeks i have been working on a optimus prime figure that uses revoltech joints, kind like the robot replicas. I like the robot replica optimus that is coming out, but i don't like that he is smaller than bumbblebee replica so im making my own. for this project the base im using is the transfromers unleashed optimus prime and revoltech joints, i will be repainting, sculpting, and molding parts. i have alread took apart the figure and i know what need work im also going to be working on the truck that comes with the figure.
    when he is done he will stand about 8" to 81/2".
    here is the pic of the figure incase you don't know what it looks like.
    OPTIMUS PRIME
    [​IMG]
    TRUCK
    [​IMG]
    for far i did some painting and now im going to some molding since he is missing some parts like the whole right forarm (since the cannon is in the way) and the whole right foot. also i have to some molding for the truck because it missing a big portion on the right side. i will post pics soon of my progress check back soon. :cool: 

2. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Sounds like an awesome plan.

3. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Sounds like an awesome plan.

4. OPTIMUS PRIME24

OPTIMUS PRIME24 Member

hey guys here are some pics i promise, here is how optimus looks when i took him apart. and here also some pics of the truck and as you can see it missing a whole right side. with that i have to rebuild it from scratch.
    here are the pics:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    i will post more later on, check back soon. :cool: 

5. OPTIMUS PRIME24

OPTIMUS PRIME24 Member

hey guys here are some pics i promise, here is how optimus looks when i took him apart. and here also some pics of the truck and as you can see it missing a whole right side. with that i have to rebuild it from scratch.
    here are the pics:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    i will post more later on, check back soon. :cool: 

6. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    Looking good so far, I wondered how it would look cut from the base.

7. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    Looking good so far, I wondered how it would look cut from the base.

8. OPTIMUS PRIME24

OPTIMUS PRIME24 Member

hey i know its been a while but here are some updated pics of my custom so far.
    (click on pics for larger images)
    optimus prime 40% complete
    [​IMG]

back
    [​IMG]

optimus's insides
    [​IMG]

optimus and his truck
    [​IMG]

as you can see i did some dry brushing on the figure using black and silver which came out really good on him. i placed the revoltech joints in the proper areas such as the arms, legs, kness, elbows and head. on the third pic you can see i cut up a evangelion figure and use those to hold and pose the figure. ill give you more updates as soon as i can. check back soon. :cool: 

9. OPTIMUS PRIME24

OPTIMUS PRIME24 Member

hey i know its been a while but here are some updated pics of my custom so far.
    (click on pics for larger images)
    optimus prime 40% complete
    [​IMG]

back
    [​IMG]

optimus's insides
    [​IMG]

optimus and his truck
    [​IMG]

as you can see i did some dry brushing on the figure using black and silver which came out really good on him. i placed the revoltech joints in the proper areas such as the arms, legs, kness, elbows and head. on the third pic you can see i cut up a evangelion figure and use those to hold and pose the figure. ill give you more updates as soon as i can. check back soon. :cool: 

10. OPTIMUS PRIME24

OPTIMUS PRIME24 Member

hello just to let you know im still working on my optimus custom but i need some help. do any of you know where i can find hands with posable finges? im looking for a set of hands with posable figure for my optimus custom here and i can't find a good set. i was thinking of getting the savage dragon from the legendary comic line but, i think its too big but it has single jointed fingers. what do think? and is there another figure that might have what im looking for? thanks. :cool: 

11. OPTIMUS PRIME24

OPTIMUS PRIME24 Member

hello just to let you know im still working on my optimus custom but i need some help. do any of you know where i can find hands with posable finges? im looking for a set of hands with posable figure for my optimus custom here and i can't find a good set. i was thinking of getting the savage dragon from the legendary comic line but, i think its too big but it has single jointed fingers. what do think? and is there another figure that might have what im looking for? thanks. :cool: 

12. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

Gundam kits, but they cost too much if you only want fists. If you used an Evangelion Revoltech for the joints, I'll have to kill you.

j/k

No, really, I will

13. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

Gundam kits, but they cost too much if you only want fists. If you used an Evangelion Revoltech for the joints, I'll have to kill you.

j/k

No, really, I will