Optimus Prime becomes the All-Time Tuesday Box Office Champ

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Dark_Convoy, Jul 4, 2007.

1. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    I believe they amended that, last I heard it's going to be CGI. Which is for the best, live-action people dressed like cats wouldn't exactly be an epic movie.

2. GetterDragun

GetterDragun Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Awesome! Usually the big name movie sequels do better than the first, and if Transformers 1 keeps pace with them, you bet the sequel will be enven be bigger than this! I can't wait to hear corporate's response tot how well they've done.

3. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    One movie shall stand... the rest shall fall...

4. G1Optimal

G1Optimal Autobot

News Credits:
    Accidental Double Post

5. G1Optimal

G1Optimal Autobot

News Credits:
    Good to hear :thumb 

I'm curious though is that just the american box office or is it the world's

I am really interested in Australia's and New Zealand's lone box office results as it was out a few days to a week earlier at least here anyway.

As if it is not the worlds total intake maybe it is more than the 36.5 million

Me and my 5 younger siblings went to see it and they really enjoyed the movie :thumb  :thumb  :thumb  :thumb  :thumb 

I really hope it goes beyond 3 in my personal opinion and stopping this movie 3 is crazy, especially if i don't like the designs of the upcoming cartoon series ( or what were the designs as i have not keeping up with the news lately:confused2  )

6. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Right now the numbers are just US box office. I think Australia in it's first 3 days of opening had a $6 million return, international numbers are updated weekly so we only know the first 10 countries that got it and the cash they made in 3 days, $36 million so far, so worldwide it's somewhere over $70 million, once next tuesday gets here and the movie's had it's opening week we'll know all the numbers that matter. It wont hit Japan until next month but be sure it'll be huge there, too.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2007
  7. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    this is amazing we are looking to make our entire budget back in the first week

8. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

:lol  Good one!

9. butz

butz slippery when wet

Cool news- glad to hear its doing well.

10. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Nice...I hope the dough keeps rolling in.

11. madman1366

madman1366 "The Bad Guy"

News Credits:
    oops...dp.

12. madman1366

madman1366 "The Bad Guy"

News Credits:
    All of the theaters around here were completely sold out all day as well. Same theaters were only half to 3/4 full during the day for S3.

Another thing that doesn't factor into the equation here is that people were expecting it on the 4th for the longest time and it wasn't until a few weeks ago where the dates got bumped up, so lots of people probably couldn't take Tuesday off and it STILL killed!

I don't think the weekend will be much different from what's happening today. Thursday and Friday may be a little slower but over the weekend it should pop back up again.

.....With lots and lots of people seeing it for their 2nd or more time as well! Like ME!

13. ceniack

ceniack Member

yup, they have already gotten about ~40 bucks from my wife and i, we have seen it twice, once at the monday 8pm showing, and this morning at 9:30am

i loved every minute of it

14. DominusPrime

DominusPrime Well-Known Member

Saw it on Monday night with my father. The audience was absolutely electrified when Prime started his narration at the beginning and was on-screen for the first time. You rarely see that kind of reaction in theatres anymore. The applause and cheers during the movie were unreal, and the applause at the end gave you no choice but to smile. Hell, I walked out of there with a big goofy grin on my face and felt 12 years old again. How many movies have made you feel like that in recent years?

Was it perfect? No, but what counts is that Bay made an enjoyable spectacle that left viewers satisfied and wanting more at the same time. He obviously laboured hard to pay respect to the franchise while trying to modernize it. Bay outdid himself with this one, and I hope he feels vindicated given all the hating he was subjected to.

By the way, I was wondering if anyone else had heard the spoof of the radio ads for the movie. I heard it this morning, and it's called Transvestites, starring Pre-Operative Prime and MegaQueen, leader of the Deceptitrannies (or something like that). Even had robo-synth voices. Here's a couple of lines:

MegaQueen: "At last we meet, Pre-Operative Prime."

Prime: "MegaQueen, that dress makes you look fat."

Anonymous bot (with a lisp): Oh, those shoes are to die for. Do they have them in size 13?"

At the end, the announcer says "Transvestites....there's definitely more to them than meets the eye."

Anyone else heard this? Maybe it was a local thing.

15. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

What tells me this movie will be hugely successful, without any need to consult anything else, is that my wife absolutely loves it. And she's not a big-time fan. She tolerates Transformers because of me. She enjoyed the movie well enough to want to go again already. That tells me it's big. She doesn't go to movies in the theater more than once. Ever.

Keep chugging at the box office 'bots. Rake in that sequel-spawning cash.

16. optimusprime42

optimusprime42 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    like the engergiazer bunny keeps going and going

17. optimusprime42

optimusprime42 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    Quintesson No. 1: It is a day so long in coming that I am uncertain how to celebrate it.

18. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Good news, good news. I'll wait for the one week tally (or at least the weekend amount) before I really start celebrating.

19. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I can't really share specific numbers (trade screts, doncha know), but my theatre has been open for a year and a half, and we're gonna hit numbers that are our third or forth best day EVER. This includes both POTC sequels, Spidey 3 shows, and all the other recent blockbusters. We're looking at a pretty good future for the film.

-Tony!

20. Archaea

Archaea Autobot Archeaologist

Good deal for the bot.s can't wait for the inevitiable sequel, that hopefully spielberg will have a hand in. We'll need more plot this time around.