Optimus Prime Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Leonis Prime, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Leonis Prime

Leonis Prime Ai-Megumi's Man

I thought it would only be right to have a thread dedicated to the last Prime, the big red and blue Bot, the leader of the autobots himself.

Optimus Prime!

Lets show the love! :) 

2. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    While he may not be the most expressive versions of Prime he's still one of the more intrsting versions and does have some character development.

After all considering the hate he's been getting he needs it...

3. Leonis Prime

Prime is Prime no mattter what continuity (except Bayformers, he was seriously but****ed by Michael Bay, too angry)

I think Prime is more like his G1 counterpart in this than most other primes.

4. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Except more reserved and such but yeah I see what you mean. After all both the characters and the show needs some sort of positivty since there's hardly any on TFW anymore....

5. Leonis Prime

I still dont get where all the negativity for this season has come from, so far this has been a very solid season. I loved how Orion Pax pt 3 ended, just hearing Optimus shouting "autobots fall back" as that great score is playing just gave me the chills.

6. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Optimus is a pretty cool guy. He fights Decepticons and doesn't afraid of anything.

Despite what people say about his speeches and monotone, I like him, if only for the brief moments his stoic facade fades. When the big Prime smiles, it melts my heart :D 

7. Sideways77

Sideways77 oh shoogah

News Credits:
    I truthfully don't care for this Prime. He's just mainly used whenever there's trouble, and just doesn't seem that enthused with anything.

But he's not my least favorite Prime. Unicron trilogy Prime takes that slot.

8. Leonis Prime

Is that because it is a different actor. I thought he was good in Armada and Energon. Didnt like Cybertron. And Gary Chalk was good in Beast wars and beast machines.

9. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    I love how in One Shall Fall he was kicking Megatron's aft all over the place and can you blame him? Raf almost got killed thus pushing Optimus over the edge a bit. That'll teach Megatron when to cross a line. :lol 

10. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

I wish they made this Prime look a little older in the face. Cullen is really making this Prime sound aged (and he's doing a great job), so I wish the Prime looked a little older somehow.

I agree. That scene where Prime is cramped and flying around with Wheeljack really made me laugh out loud. The occasional comedic bits and one-liners from Prime are pure gold!

11. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Atleast Peter is voicing along Frank again for the first time in years in a cartoon.

I really did like the Orion Pax saga but I wish they could make Optimus a bit more fun.

12. soundwave142

soundwave142 Decepticon over-seer

News Credits:
    I love this prime dispite what people say. I'm all for a cool happy jolly fun prime but I like loner, lecture given, get's pissed of then goes rage prime to lol. I loved the one shall fall he used his damn tires to mess up megs face, never seen that in transformers before lol. He's a pretty swell guy that probably hates that he has to fight in the war. He'd more rather have loyal allies than treacherous enemies. What a good guy.

13. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    I don't really like this Prime. Mainly because Peter Cullen makes him sound so dull all the time. I wish he was more like Primal or UT Prime

It's time we get Gary Chalk back as Optimus.

14. Jamocha101

Jamocha101 Well-Known Member

I don't usually agree with a lot of the flack that the fans spew, but the end of Orion Pax had to be one of the complaints with which I concurred. I love Optimus in this continuity, I feel like he's a warm, solid leader (albeit being annoyingly reclusive and even unrealistically naive at times), however, I don't deny that he still needs character development. As far as I can tell, he's getting it, but the rate of which is slow and it could inevitably pick up the pace. If Orion Pax had been done with justice, we would be much further along right now in Optimus's characterization. The ending, needless to say, was rushed, as if the staff had written themselves into a corner.

No. I stand by Peter Cullen until his grave.

15. Stardust262

News Credits:
    Ok, go have fun with that

16. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    The problem isn't Peter, but the staff.

With Animated, Optimus Prime was a nobody and had character faults and displayed a lot emotion. With this one, Optimus Prime is meant to be this perfect being without faults. I have to put blame on the staff, because when Optimus was back as Orion Pax, it was like they allowed Peter to give life to the character.

I rather the TFP staff not done what they did, but keep Optimus as Orion during all of season two and into season three. Having him to learn what it takes to become a Prime once more and giving the character a proper character development.

17. Stardust262

News Credits:
    The thing is, I've never been a fan of Peter Cullen's OP. Even if all this had been done, he'd still sound bad. The writers not doing any of this has only amplified that badness

18. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I would of love to see Garry back, he'll always be Optimus to me. But I don't find Peter that bad, he just needs to be given more control on the character. I don't recall him being this dull in G1 and from what I've heard, movie Optimus was a wild character. All three being voiced by Peter.

19. Stardust262

News Credits:
    He still sounded kinda dull in the movies. Not nearly as much as he does now, but still dull. He did have more emotion in G1, but the voice was still...meh

20. SuzyPrime

SuzyPrime The friendly lurker

I'm enjoying TFP Optimus. At first I wasn't sure if I liked the character design, but it has grown on me. He's had some great range of character on display in his relationships, from fatherly care (Arcee) to rage (vs Megs) to long-suffering patience (Wheeljack).

I loved the Orion Pax story arc. Fantastic look at OP before he became leader. Cullen's voice work in these eps was fantastic. Very emotive. He's doing a superb job.

There...how's that for "appreciation"? :thumbs2: