Optimus Prime alignment chart.

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Vector Squidma, Jul 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vector Squidma

Vector Squidma Smalltime Casual

News Credits:
    So I was bored, and I decided to make this. Please discuss/enjoy!

(And yeah, Animated would probably also be Neutral Good, and Movie always struck me as Lawful Neutral, but damnit, I had spots to fill.)

[​IMG]

2. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    D&D meets Optimus. Interesting.

3. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Nerdy, but it works. :) 

From what I've seen, SG Optimus would be more Chaotic Evil... though on the other hand, what could be more Chaotic than seeming like a good guy one minute, and tearing off people's faces the next? :) 

Would you say that PRIME Optimus is really more unbearably noble than even G1 Optimus?

zmog

4. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

^ Yes. But only just. (Not directed at me, I know.)

Vector - really enjoyed that but, not knowing D&D, the bigger joke's a bit lost, probably. I'd say you're bang on with a lot of your choices, too.

5. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I would say he's more unbearably noble than cartoon Optimus, but comic Optimus (IDW: "Sup dudes, lemme throw myself in jail cos my best friend got killed by my jailors", Marvel: "Lemme kill myself because I failed to save lives in a video game") certainly gives him a run for his money

6. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Fixed.

7. boxorak

boxorak Lacking Shelf Space

Very nice, except that Scourge isn't Optimus.

Also, you can't exactly make an Optimus Alignment chart because most incarnations of the big guy are good....however, you're probably doing this for fun, so I don't care. :D 

8. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Heh heh... good point. God he's an obnoxious martyr/drama-queen, isn't he?

zmog

9. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

I thought you did a nice work until I saw Movie-Optimus is chaotic evil, it ruined the whole chart [because the rest actually fits and is rather well-thought].

I'm sincerly annoyed of this "Optimus' brutality makes him autoimatically the bad guy" bullshit, he should be at "Chaotic Good" at most.

10. Facemeat

Facemeat Give me your Face(meat)!

Well, I agree he's not evil...just an asshole who'd rather achieve peace through violence and killing, as opposed to diplomacy. (Oh, and before anyone calls me a "movie-basher" or anything else, I happen to love the movies...just not that version of Optimus. :)  )

11. Overlord Balder

He doesn't have much of a choice, Decepticons aren't exactly known for beign nice guys, ya know.

12. Facemeat

But...he seems to enjoy killing, and goes out of his way to do it...even if a Decepticon is offering a truce. That's what bothers me about that characterization of him.

13. Overlord Balder

I don't think so.
    He's always enraged OR stoic when killing 'Cons, he NEVER acts like Ironhide or Sideswipe ["smile and make a witty comment"].

You're talking about that truce?
    Megatron was one evil son of a bitch, letting him escape would be like letting Hitler [Godwin's Law be dammed!] escape at the end of WWII: Forgetting all the evil he did just because he wanted a so-called truce.

14. JazzBot95

JazzBot95 Well-Known Member

Agreeing with Overlord here. Besides, that truce was BS. Megatron just wanted to still be in-charge, so Prime knew Megatron had not changed.

15. Honorbound

Honorbound Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Exactly. Besides, this version of Optimus has seen way too much suffering committed by Megatron and his followers; he's had enough.

16. Stryker055

Stryker055 Trying my best here!

Ebay:
    Must... resist... DOTM novel... plug...

Yeah, that was funny. It made me chuckle.

17. Facemeat

Look,
    Megatron saved his freaking life...if he'd just waited a moment longer for Sentinel Prime to kill Optimus, he still could have stabbed him in the back, and would have definitely been the victor, but instead he decided to end it there, save Optimus, and offer a truce. And what thanks does he get? His freaking head and spine ripped out! Can you honestly tell me, that if someone who was evil, and did truly horrible things, saved your life and wanted a truce, you'd IMMEDIATELY turn around and murder them? Even if it makes logical sense, it's not something that someone as kind as Optimus Prime (should be) would normally do.

18. Wolfguard

Wolfguard Your own personal Jesus.

Pretty sure movie Optimus being Chaotic Evil is based on an aspect of the human condition known as... "humor?" Anyhow, I thought the D&D chart was great. GJ, OP.

19. Overlord Balder

"THIS IS MY PLANET!" *kills Sentinel* "A truce is called, I just want to rule again, besides...where would YOU be without me, Prime?" those were Megatron's words in Sentinel's demise, does that sound trustworthy to you? Optimus simply went and killed the shit out of him because that was the only way to end the war.

I mean, Optimus saw his friends die before his eyes, his homeplanet dying, saw the Allspark, the only chance of saving his planed, being destroyed, his mentor turning evil, don't you think it's kinda justified for him to not give Megatron forgiveness? Megatron's death was the only way to stop that war, otherwise he would just backstab Optimus and everything would start again.

20. Facemeat

As I said, "Even if it makes logical sense, it's not something that someone as kind as Optimus Prime (should be) would normally do." So, take that as you will; I just prefer Optimus to be his old, "violence only if absolutely necessary", peace-loving self, and that's why I love TF: P's version so much, and strongly dislike the Movies' characterization of him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.