Optimus Prime #24 full preview

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Lucas35, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Lucas35

Lucas35 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  2. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    One last gap to fill, then all that’s left is finales...

3. Greebtron

Greebtron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Unicron is tearing up the planet just by being in orbit and STILL Slide won't stow it?

• Like Like x 4
  4. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    Unicron is looking for so something.

5. RazorclawX

RazorclawX Campaign Oracle

Well obviously Slide thinks everything is Optimus's fault so why not one more for the road? Have to keep piling all your personal problems on someone else to make yourself feel better! (PS. this doesn't actually work.)

• Like Like x 7
  6. AzT

AzT Moderator News Staff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Sara P-D on Twitter

• Like Like x 4
  7. Lucas35

Lucas35 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  8. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    Guess she had to step in since Griffith was helping with Unicron #6.

9. ultramagnus1

ultramagnus1 Well-Known Member

If this optimus was bay optimus he would tear slide apart with his arm swords before saying "give me your face" lol.

I hate how he's being made the bad guy. Pyra magna has been on his case too. He's doing his best and if Unicron #5 is anything to go by will play an important role in the climax of this continuity.

As he should. Looking forward to this issue and as someone has said just the finales to go in each title.

• Like Like x 6
  10. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    So for those of you who read it...is the Optimus Prime comic any good? I've been rewatching the G1 cartoon, and I'm kind of on an Optimus kick. I'm intrigued by the idea of a story that focuses on the character more in-depth. Also, does it require reading the previous series?

Just for some background on my comic preferences, I enjoyed Infiltration, and I'm not thrilled with MTMTE. Unicron is fine, and I think it's gotten more compelling the closer it gets to the end. Outside of those, none of the other comics I've read have really suck with me (I read LSOTW, a tiiiiiny bit of RID, and a couple of the spotlights). Does Optimus sound like something I'd enjoy?

11. justiceg

justiceg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Honestly, no, not really. I’d wait for the reboot and hope it’s better there.

• Like Like x 4
  12. DerVernichter

DerVernichter Well-Known Member

That cover! Zama\'s art and Burcham\'s colors is such a perfect fusion it puts Vegetto to shame.

13. dragon

dragon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  14. Hyoumaru

Hyoumaru M.S.B.S. ver. 10.5

I really don't get how Optimus is supposed to be the "bad guy" here.

Annexing Earth into the Cybertronian empire was to PROTECT it since Galvatron made a clear case of why it NEEDS to be protected. Leaving it alone would have undoubtedly made way for another Galvatron in time thanks to everything the Decepticons have done. I can understand the apprehension people in the setting would feel about it, but he ordered aid to just about everywhere on the planet that needed it afterwards and tried his damn best, so why does everybody make him out to be the bad guy?

One of many things that soured me on the IDW universe is the utter disrespect and outright emotional/mental torture Optimus has been facing ever since he took back his name in Dark Cybertron. Everybody has built him up on unreachable pedestals and screamed their disappointment at him when he fails to live up to those expectations, though not for lack of trying. It's not like he's intentionally trying to mislead Cybetronians by showing off the Matrix despite not believing in divinity, which feels rational enough, but it's obviously been the only way to keep them calm, and even that ended up not holding since just about everybody in this comic has one way or another turned into an unlikeable jackass that I'm increasingly apathetic towards as far as Unicron arriving for din dins, save for a handful of characters.

Maybe there's some big message here that's just plain going over my head, but it feels as though Optimus is a victim of circumstances that's just plain unfair to him.

Or am I wrong, someone please help me out here because the irritation I feel towards this writing has reached palpable levels.

• Like Like x 8
  15. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Banned

News Credits:
    Yes I too want people to lose their jobs and not get paid because I don't enjoy the funny pictures they make.

• Like Like x 13
  16. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Banned

News Credits:
    Yep uh huh that's what I meant yeppers

• Like Like x 7
  17. The Mad Demobot

The Mad Demobot Well-Known Member

Whooooooooosh...

• Like Like x 1
  18. TargetmasterJoe

TargetmasterJoe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    I THINK the idea is that they want Optimus Prime to get out of his comfort zone just as Megatron did, and what would getting out of the comfort zone mean for Optimus? Conquering a planet.

Most if not all interpretations of Optimus would never consider conquering a planet as a means for peace, and this is showing what might happen if an Optimus went and did just that. But yeah, I'm not sure if it's working 100% either.

Plus, I'd rather have Optimus Prime as President way more than that other guy and I agree that Slide can suck it.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Runamuck86

Runamuck86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looking forward to the reboot ... i came into IDW far to late to make any sense of it 

• Like Like x 1
  20. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee Funny Little Man

I agree. Yeah, Optimus' actions are a little questionable, but that's not even why Slide is criticizing him. Slide has been nothing more than an even more one-note Pyra Magna, and there's been even less payoff to her character. I'm sure we're supposed to agree with her that Optimus is at fault, but it seems all she cares about is exacting revenge on the Junkions, and blaming Optimus for all her problems. Here, with the world literally being torn apart, she is literally putting her own pain above everyone else in the universe.

I like John Barber's work, but the Optimus Prime books have mostly been a mess.

• Like Like x 3