Optimus Prime 20th Anniversary Bent

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by MrTane, Jul 29, 2007.

1. MrTane

MrTane Active Member

Don't know where this post should go so I choose here. Feel free to move the post if deemed necessary. I just picked up another Optimus Prime 20th Anniversary for $50 and didn't realize he was bent. The tie downs across his chest where making him seem fine. I would like to know if anyone would have any suggestions on how I might fix this figure. Below are a few pictures of what I am talking about. If needed I can take a few more.

Here are a few pictures to show you what I mean.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you can see Prime is bent across his windshield section. Would love to be able to repair this. Any help you transfans out there can give would be great.

Thanks in advance

2. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I think I remember reading that one of the runs of 20th Prime had this issue, like something in manufacturing.

Not sure on a fix for it though...I'm sure someone has one.

3. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    this should've been in toyark or customs forums... but it looks like all you need to do is sand down the plastic on the right door there right around where its pinned to the side. if you look close, you can see its touching the body before its supposed to, therefore holding the door out away from the chest.

4. MrTane

MrTane Active Member

Even when I hold the chest closed. It seems like the right side, which would be the right side of toy if you where behind toy. Would look like it sits higher then the rest of the windshield section. I really hope I don't have to sand it down. I bet its not red paint all the way through that section of the figure.

And where is your Photoshop gallery you link to RedLine? Would love to take a look see.

5. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/anpet...=&.done=http://photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

its not red all the way through, its a clear piece. but that's on the inside so it shouldn't be a problem. as far as sitting higher, sanding won't helpTHAT but if you can get it to sit flush, that might help it enough anyway. its a production flaw with the whole run apparently.

its not updated for the last several months, but its still pretty large.

6. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Uhm... You don't have his side pieces snapped all the way in. On Prime's left, the white stripe needs to be pushed in at the back so that it is up inside the diecast. Once you do that, everything will line back up.

7. MrTane

MrTane Active Member

You are correct with not having the white wheel section snaped in to place. I wedged it a little bit to see if it will hold up the door and it does not. I think RedLine is correct about it being a product flaw. My friend at Wal-Mart told me this figure was sitting in the back since Xmas of 2006. Maybe I can send it back to Hasbro for a new one. LoL NoT. Thanks again everyone.

BTW... :)  Great pictures RedLine ... :) 

Our trip to get this figure started in January. We saw it on the self for $25 and thought, had to get it. Got to the register and found out he was really $69.99. We had to put him back. So I guess he never made it back on the self till 3 days ago. We even marked the box back in January. Sure enough it was the same figure. So happy hunting transfans. You never know what you may find.