Optimus Prime #10 - spoilers!

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by NoiseMaker, Aug 30, 2017.

1. trence5

trence5 Well-Known Member

Ok, thanks.

Sorry :lol , just throwing that out there:lol .

2. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    But I'm not supposing, what I said is pretty much stated right out in the last Lost Light. Some quirk of Cybertronian psychology enforces the neuter->male concept, making the only apparent trans Cybertronians trans females.

In this context Cybertronian probably shouldn't have gendered pronouns in the first place, but we are stuck with that per Furman.

• Like Like x 3
  3. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Probably Cubertronian language does not have gender in it but pronouns in English language or any other language from Earth has gender it for reading sake makes the sentence more fluid. I am not big fan of Furman but even I acknowledge the limit of our language when it comes to this genre. "He is the leader of the Autobots." flows more easily to the reader than "It is the leader of the Autobots." Just as examples.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    Well that was dissapointing.
    A bit of the clumsiest retcon ever to turn Arcee and Galvatron into sister and brother and to make Arcee look like a baddassexybitch again.
    Establishing that there has never been any evolution in Arcee's personality and in spite of their prior interactions depicting their relationship as far from such aquaintance.
    And then a bit of the usual dribble about storywriting being the highest miracle of our world, the pinnacle of humanities achievements and more of that selfimportant nonsense writers and their hangers on like to put to paper.

Also: He is not the devil, he is just a very naughty boy ;) 

I guess Onyx Prime was pretty cool.

5. ClatterShards

ClatterShards Active Member

If I could read this for free on one of the comic websites I probably would have found it bit more enjoyable to read but I can't because it hasn't popped up on the sites yet. Reading the summary for this on the TFWiki page has left me bored and meh at what happed in the comic. I honestly don't care that Arcee is Galvatron's brother and dislike the fact that the authors give these guys lifespans spanding in the millions instead of thousands of years. Couldn't Barber give us some more info tidbits what was going on back in those days?

6. Danny-Boy

Danny-Boy Centurion

News Credits:
    You know, you could just purchase the comic on comixology.com instead of stealing it.

7. GogoDG

GogoDG Come and help me somebody quicklyyyyyyahhhhhhh!

Twitter:
    This is one of my favorite "history" stories. The other being "The Crucible", "Post Hoc", "Megatron: Origin" along with "Births, Deaths and Interventions" and the whole "Elegant Chaos" story arc. I just love James Roberts and his stories (The one where they go to Earth is one of my favorite stories because of the breather story and humor).

8. Toonstrack

Toonstrack Titan Master

I really enjoyed this lore heavy issue. That said one thing is bugging me... its totally my fault for skipping the comics for a while but.... I thought Sunstreaker was severely wounded and in the care of... Alpha Trion, I think? back on cybertron. Can anyone fill me in on how he fixed himself up?

9. Boatformer

Boatformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Sunstreaker showed up okay in Costa's ongoing shortly after the Ironhide mini, where he was in Trion's care. He was on the Lost Light for a while, then went back to Cybertron.

10. Toonstrack

Toonstrack Titan Master

Interesting. Wierd that they kinda just forgot that whole thing.

11. NoiseMaker

NoiseMaker Well-Known Member

Sunstreaker blew thr bridge in AHM up eith himself on it, after being repaired by ratchet to get rid of all the headmastery tech, and restoring his whole body/self. His semi spotlight in the AHM coda showed him severevely damaged with some kind of memory loop going on, but somehow still alive.
    In the Ironhide miniseries, Ironhide rescued him and alfa trion repaired him but had a problem with his legs, then left.
    Later Hot Rod found them on the planet after getting the matrix back, and thrn they used Hot Rods and wheelies ship to get back to earth and rejoin prime and bumblebee and everyone else. Ratchet fixed him up again, and then he used his old wheelchair to wound devastator in chaos.. he then joined lost light for a while.. hes not really been forgotten at all. One of only a few with little gaps in their personal stories i think