Optimus Primal's height

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by <3prime, Jan 10, 2012.

1. <3prime

<3prime Banned

very simple question that i cannot find. in beast wars, how tall is optimus primal in his first form?

2. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko °-{[●□●]}-° {Beep. Boop.)

About the size of Bumblebee.

3. Cobalt Agent

Cobalt Agent My dick kills dinosaurs

According to the Japanese 9.19 feet. He should be the height of an upright gorilla.

4. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

MMM, I don't know. Maybe Optimal Optimus. But I don't think that Optimus Primal was supposed to be that big compared to the original Transformers. I mean remember how small Megatron was compared to Optimus Prime's head.

5. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    That's a good question. If Primal was the size of an actual gorilla, ~4 feet tall in beast mode, and 6 feet tall in bot mode. Or even if we're aiming on the high side here (and if Primal scanned the remains of Gigantopithecus), we're still only looking at a bot height of 9-10 feet. Maybe. Seeing as how the Beast Wars characters are smaller than their G1 counterparts, Primal would be around 7-9 feet tall (an unusally big gorilla). That's just my guess.

There's a couple things that don't quite measure up with the scale in BW. Transmetal Megatron appears to be 1/3 of G1 Optimus' height. So let's say that Optimus Prime is 30 feet tall, this makes Megatron around 10 feet in height. This makes sense if Primal is ~8 feet tall, Megatron is larger than him, but not by much.

Primal becomes Optimal Optimus and is portrayed to be the same height as Optimus Prime (~30 feet). aka, HUGE. When Transmetal Megatron becomes Transmetal II Megatron, he doesn't appear to change much in size; perhaps increasing from the above-mentioned 10 feet to 15 feet at most. Now we're looking at a 15 : 30 foot range between TM II Megs and Optimal Optimus. But as the series goes on, the difference is noticeably smaller. They appear to be of equal height, more or less.

I've just learned that in terms of scale, every series has issues. Some more than others.

So, long story short, my guess is that Optimus Primal is ~8 feet tall, TM Optimus Primal is ~9 feet tall, and Optimal Optimus is anywhere between 15 and 30 feet tall.

Just as an FYI, an upright gorilla would not be 9 feet tall. When standing on it's hind legs, as straight as it can, even a large male silverback would be lucky to reach 6 feet. It's those short, stubbly legs. :)  Now, their armspan could easily be 9 feet from tip-to-tip.

6. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Beast mode about 5'6"

All About Gorillas - EnchantedLearning.com

Seeing as primal is a male and not a female , 4 feet is way too tiny for a gorilla.

Taking into account mass and his transformation on the show I'd guess he stands about 2 feet taller.

7. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Yeah, he wouldn't be too tall. About a head height or more over a human.

I'm surprised to hear about Megatron's size though. Given his alternate mode, I would've thought that he'd tower over both Optimus Primal and Optimus Prime. Unless of course he's a Nanotyranus or something along that size.

8. TylerMirage

News Credits:
    Well, remember that the alt modes in Beast Wars are NOT indicative of the actual creature. Yes, Megatron would be smaller than a full-grown Tyrannosaurus Rex (Nanotyrannus, sure, but then his physical structure is all wrong). A full-grown Tyrannosaurus Rex alt mode for Megatron would indicate a 25-30 foot tall robot mode, more or less. But consider that Rattrap is a rat the size of a cheetah. Or that Scorponok is apparently a regular species of scorpion that is the size of a bed, not even a prehistoric species of scorpion. Same thing with Waspinator, Inferno, Tarantulas, etc.. The only ones that seem even close to the size of their actual alt modes are Primal, Rhinox, Terrorsaur, Cheetor, Tigatron, etc.. Megatron is a small Tyrannosaurus Rex, Rattrap is a huge rat, Scorponok et all are large insects.

9. PrimusVsUnicron

PrimusVsUnicron Well-Known Member

bigfoot

10. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    I believe Cheetor is the only Maximal in proper scale with his lifeform of choice since he's the only one that appears near one for any length of time.

11. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Tigatron hung around another snow leopard (was that his mode?).

12. TylerMirage

News Credits:
    Just a white tiger. :) 

13. Cobalt Agent

Cobalt Agent My dick kills dinosaurs

I know. I was saying what the Japanese say. But imho it's just gorilla sized.

14. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Minecraft Addict

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think of him and most of the other normal sized Beast Wars characters as being slightly taller than an average human (about 7-8').

15. decepticreep312

decepticreep312 Well-Known Member

Optimus is I think about 7 feet tall in robot mode. Also if there were a live action beast wars movie, I think Rattrap would work best as a capybara.

16. TylerMirage

News Credits:
    So...instead of "Rattrap", he'd be "Capybara-trap?" ;)  (But I get what you're laying down.)

17. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Good point.

18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Primal would not be 7 feet tall in robot mode. Comparing him to Cheetor, who is deffinately in scale with other Cheetas, Optimus would barely reach five and a half counting his back kibble. I'm taller than him.

"I'm no rat. If anything I'm the loyal Capybara, king of the rats. No wait..."

19. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If you want a scale for the Beast Wars, one MUST use Cheetor as the basis since he's the main one that is in scale with a "real" cheetah. All other measurements should be based on that.

20. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

In gorilla mode, he's about as tall as Rattrap's robot mode. In robot mode, I believe he's the second tallest of the Maximals, behind Cheetor.