Optimus Primal problem

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by bran10, Aug 11, 2007.

1. bran10

bran10 Well-Known Member

I just got an original optimus primal, black gorilla from Beast wars. When I was transforming him, i wanted to try the arm gimmick where he swings his arms back and forth. I did that and the entire lever that you lift up and down and the hook that it hooks on to, broke off! I tried to super glue the hook back on but it was wayy too deep in super glue it. So I tried hooking it on to the lever like usual and glue it back like that. It didn't work and that piece fell inside the damn lever! No its like stuck I've been poking at it like forever.... Should I just glue the entire lever onto the figure? or is there anyway to unscrew the lever and actually let it fall apart? (I tried unscrewing it too)

2. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Former Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Unfotunately, I think you're out of luck on the copy of Primal that you got. Looks like his environment maybe wasn't ideal and the plastic deteriorated, hence the breaking.

Your simplest fix is to get a junker Primal and use the lever from it. It's not hard at all to replace his parts. Just remove the four screws in his back and his entire torso can be poped open (carefully!). Then it's nothing to pops pieces and gears in and out to replace them.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2007
  3. bran10

bran10 Well-Known Member

Thanks alot!! I was able to get fine point tweezers to get out the hook so I guess now I can super glue the hook onto the original part... Thanks alot man!