Optimus, Megatron and Perceptor visit (invade) Kennedy Space Center!

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by motorhead9999, Jun 17, 2011.

1. motorhead9999

motorhead9999 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I work at Kennedy Space Center on the space shuttle program. Today, they had the Rotating Service Structure pulled away from Space Shuttle Atlantis to allow for employees to take photos. Transformers had a huge influence in my life, and a lot of that was brought on by the characters on screen. I took Optimus, Megatron and Perceptor with me to the pad and got their photos taken, sort of as a way to say thanks to Peter, Frank and Paul for making the characters so memorable to me as a child. I wish I could have taken all 3 of them out today and showed them around, but I can't, so I figured this is about the best I could do for them.

So here it is, the gang on vacation, doing some sightseeing.

P.S. My friend is a professional photographer who took the picture. The watermark is his company. I highly recommend him and would urge you to visit his site. He does some amazing work. If you're a Brevard county local, I highly recommend him if you need some photo shoots done, and even if you're not, he sells prints of his photos, and he has some awesome shots, especially space and aviation related imagery. His website is:

TurboFox Photography

Attached Files:

2. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Excellent tribute.

3. SuzyPrime

SuzyPrime The friendly lurker

That is very cool. Thanks for sharing. :thumbs2: 

The shuttle program was so prominent when I was growing up. I'm sad to see it end, but very excited to see how it will be featured in DOTM.

4. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This gets my seal of approval.