Optimus Maximus speculations (poll)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by YoungPrime, Jan 26, 2012.

?

What is Optimus Maximus?

Poll closed Jan 28, 2012.
  1. Optimus Max is no doubt FOC’s Fortress Maximus.

22.9%
  2. Optimus Max is just a giant Optimus Prime battle Station

37.5%
  3. Optimus Maxis a new TF: Prime battle station

35.4%
  4. Optimus Max is just a DOTM repaint of the Ark Shuttle or something.

4.2%
  1. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    It sounds like a tf prime toy because there is no cyberverse for classics toys. Movie to old to make new toys for and maybe this character deals with season 2 of prime.

2. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    My guess. It is a cyberverse playset for TF Prime but much much bigger than the Ark (DotM) and the two TF Prime playsets (WJ Ship and Drill).

I hope this isn;t how it turns out but I figure this thing will be a large leader class Prime (as described in the UK Toyfair thread[the size not the figure being Prime]) that will fold apart and form a large scale playset for cyberverse TFP figures to interact with.

3. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Optmius Maximus and the leader Prime figure (RiD weaponizer) are not the same thing.

I do, everytime. Your reading comprehension is quite suspect considering the wildly insane conclusions you came too. Optimus Maximus is a Prime Cyberverse toy, not Generations. It's something that is or will be featured in the TV series. Not the game. Also it's not known what kind of vehicle mode Op-Max will have. We only know it will have a base and robot mode. So your conclusion that one random ass piece of concept art (that might not even make it into the final game) is proof of something is, again, insane.

You may not have mean't to say Grimlock was definate, but that's what you wrote. Compose better or be prepared for the fallout. Granted it's also in the toy fair reports, so it's not just a problem you have.

4. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Herald Of Primus

News Credits:
    It appears that you are correct.

After re-reading the UK toy fair thread it does state “Cyberverse”
    I do have a problem with your attitude though. It’s quite absurd to equate and obvious oversight with insanity. Telling someone you think that they are wrong is all fine and well but is it necessary to be a jerk about it???

Also I never said that Grimlock was a definite. But if my words came off that way then I apologize for any confusion.

Condescending undertones aside I’d still like to thank everyone for post and voting but it sadly it looks like it won’t be what I hoped for.

This thread is a bust but at lease I'll be saving money.

5. HopelessHavoc

HopelessHavoc Junior Spaceman

It's been confirmed that the Optimus Maximus set is a Transformers: Prime Cyberverse base. So basically we get a cityformer again (w00t!) it'll probably have some shout outs to Fortress Maximus and/or Metroplex. But basically it is a Voyager to Leader sized bot that turns into a base for the TF: Prime Cyberverse figures.

6. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I'm guessing it is a large Transformers: Prime battle station, styled after Optimus Prime. (Red, Blue, similar head design). Unless we are getting Fall of Cybertron Cyberverse toys, I doubt it would be the FOC version of Fort Max.

7. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I'd like that, although they've said the figure will only be between Voyager to Leader sized, so it will be a new (and smaller) mold, for sure. I'd still love for them to do it, though, and hopefully include the Headmaster gimmick. But at that size, I definitely don't think they'd attempt the double Headmaster thing.

The other obvious choice would be an homage to Star Convoy, and I'd like to see that as well.

8. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    Maybe prime goes all power master in season 2. And this is the toy.

9. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Actually, it's said to be somewhere between the size of last year's Ultimate Optimus Prime and the average Leader class figure. Meaning that, at the smallest, it'll be Leader class sized. Still, not big as fort Max, but definitely better than a Voyager or Ultra.

10. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    if it proves to be a Fort max homage i will be all over it. if not i would have to consider it carefully before purchase.

11. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

So there's a pic now. And low and behold it's an Optimus looking base bot.

12. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Time for me to vote and look smart.

13. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The figure as seen in the photo seems to give off a Prime (the show) aesthetic, with the chest windows and head evoking the Prime version of Optimus in particular. That said, I still don't know if we'll actually see this in the show (in which it would look really weird, come to think of it).