Optimus knight mode

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Wolf, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Wolf

Wolf old school bot

ok so from what I've seen Optimus in the 3 trailers releases so far is in his knight mode, as can be seen by his gauntlets or different forearms he gains from when he grabs the sword, so got me thinking, when he grabbed that sword.....it was to help his friends, and that look he gave grimlock.....was he sacrificing something? Did he know what was coming (the planet thing) hence why he left earth so abruptly??

Also worth noting.....has anyone else noticed that we haven't seen his alt mode pretty much at all......did he sacrifice his current self to save his friends?? Also what if the redesign of Optimus without much vehicle kibble combined with the red is because he's in knight mode.....all knights as is stated in the app and can be seen in their alt modes.....all were immediately derived from and followed the beasts era on cybertron......

So did Optimus choose to 'de-evolve' and is going through a primal rage and what we're seeing is him in some fashion bringing about a beast at mode, especially if this is something tied in with being a knight and he seems to be in knight mode in all footage we have seen so far. This could also explain the red marks on him and megatron.....maybe it happens to him too somehow

"No sacrifice no victory"

2. FlamingBolt

FlamingBolt Active Member

Prime left Earth after the lockdown fiasco to find the creators somehow

he does say
    "I am Optimus Prime and I send this message to my Creators: leave planet Earth alone because I'm coming .............for you."

they haven't bothered Earth since the killed the dinos so its possible that when prime grabbed the sword not only he got upgraded but he got knowledge too

• Like Like x 2
  3. Wolf

Wolf old school bot

Yes, but was it to reach them before they reached earth! As he also says "leave earth alone!"

4. Wolf

Wolf old school bot

Also I am thinking that the quintessons cant control the cybertronians, it's just the knights because they're powerful but from a more primal era, so more open to manipulation, so they used them as an enforcement force, and I'm thinking when Optimus took that sword he was making a trade.....he was adopting his knight state and would end up beast forming and be susceptible to the quintessons control, hence why he left earth as fast as he did

5. Wolf

Wolf old school bot

IMG_0981.PNG

6. CadeYeager

CadeYeager Member

Apparently a new trailer has been classified.Trailer is 2min and 26 sec long

Source:yt channel lászlo vén

• Like Like x 2
  7. Wolf

Wolf old school bot

Really!? If true that's cool

8. Wolf

Wolf old school bot

Here you go if true and new footage, just wow!

9. Wolf

Wolf old school bot

IMG_0982.PNG IMG_0985.PNG IMG_0986.JPG IMG_0988.JPG Look at the difference in Optimus eyes forget the colour....look at the shapes

• Like Like x 1
  10. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Interesting...many thanks for the various pics and links.

Personally for me, I'm still getting used to Optimus' knight aesthetics. One of my younger boy was asking me the other day, why Prime was 'role-playing' as a knight! X)

11. Achilles1943

Achilles1943 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    anyone else noticed the totally red optimus !? bottom left

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  12. Wolf

Wolf old school bot

Interesting! Could that be an approximation of sentinel?? Hopefully not! Hope it's a confirmation of a beast prime of some sort.

13. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Lighter of Darkest Hours

I wouldn't put much hope that those figurines are confirmation of anything.

14. Wolf

Wolf old school bot

I'm referring more to the red colour than anything tbh, we have a megatron and Optimus being the only ones really that don't have the vehicle parts, sharing that red mark, and if they're both knights who are also beasts it seems then it makes quite a bit of sense that the red signifies them going beast mode in the film

15. CKPRIME

There's no reason to think that though.

16. Wolf

Wolf old school bot

Well maybe not in your mind, however in mine there's at least a possibility of this happening. One the fact Cade is trying to talk some sense into him, kind of like a guy on a rage and his friends trying to cool him off, that to me says it's a behaviour issue that's affecting prime, probably of quintessas doing mind but it's affecting his behaviour somehow like an inner rage, red is a prime colour, Optimus is a prime, and rage is considered a primal emotion, it occurs uncontrollably.

What is the 'related' version of Optimus that has a beast mode....you've guessed it Optimus primal. Also there's the things I've mentioned on other threads that these movies generally tend to have similarities with other movies released at similar times, Star Wars, Pacific rim, guardians etc and there's a few gorillas and gorilla type things featuring in movies that are released this year so I'm not ruling this out.

17. Wolf

Wolf old school bot

And you have no reason not to think that though, as really......you have no idea what's going to happen do you?

18. CKPRIME

The default position should be not to expect something without reason.

19. Wolf

Wolf old school bot

Very true, however there will be a reason for everything I've been talking about, so in that case until the film comes out and we get the definitive explanation, the default position I'd say is to discuss and speculate, especially as that's the default position of the movie discussion forum, I'm glad that you obviously understand this and are engaging this discussion in such a positive manner.....so what would be your expectation of the reason behind the red marks that Optimus and megatron both share, and the fact that the knights were created during the beast epoch on cybertron?

20. CKPRIME

Really, my only expectation is that they explain why the red marks are there.

Where does that come from, that timeline that was put up? I wouldn't really consider that a fact, I'm not convinced much of that is actual canon. Much the same way Lockdown's toy bio contradicts AoE.