Optimus/jetfire combo fan art?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by optimusdestruction, May 28, 2009.

1. optimusdestruction

optimusdestruction THIS IS SPARTA!!!!

News Credits:
    This may be a little far fetched but i noticed no real cgi in the frontal shot of optimus. But from the back the picture looked all to fimiliar. Check it ot for your self, the only cgi is the old pic from the first movie. From the front there is no cgi at all, just drawing. This very well may be concept art as well, it does seem to follow what's on the cover of the magazine, but just take a look. Maybe they just used an old pic because it was easy??

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-images/other/Transformers-Movie-Images/Optimus+Prime/Live-action+Images/235191662_03b601880f_o.jpg.html

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/attachment.php?do=fullview&attachmentid=19451

Now you can see some serious photo chopping on optimus and the additional drawing of jetfire not cgi. The cgi of optimus and the almost water coloring of jetfire particularly by his feet lead me to believe it's fan art. Although very very cool! I'm not certain this is certified "Bay" material you know.

2. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    I believe that this is the real deal because rather than just re-drawing Optimus, they drew the parts and fitted it onto him. Just easier I suppose.

3. Nervol

Nervol Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Its not fanart

Proof?

The front art is the same art as the silhouette of the Keychain that was shown earlier this year (minus the keychain part obviously).

[​IMG]

4. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    there is no cgi anywhere in any of those images

it is all concept art, including that old picture of prime that they've reused

every single design starts out as a painting, so i'm not sure why what is clearly professional concept art would seem to you to be fan art. even less sure why a piece of fan art would be the dsign used to make the toys and featured on the front cover of the adaptation.

5. jawalabang2

jawalabang2 Active Member

Well, to be honest it is a Computer Generated Image.

6. darkpilatus

darkpilatus Member

It was created on the computer but not the same way that everyone here is referring to it. CGI usually refers to a piece that was created and rendered in a 3D modeling program like POSER or MAYA. A "digital drawing" like this one is usually the term used when talking about a picture drawn in Photoshop or Painter. I don't understand why it really matters though... it is a great picture.

7. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, but does it really matter? I know this is the internet but we don't need the same arguments again.

8. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    I don't like the combo personally. I take Jet Optimus from Armada over this any day.

9. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    I've seen the actual keychain in person. It's almost exactly like the concept art.

10. Brutus

Brutus Autobot

There is no hope for you.

11. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    no it isn't, feel free to read the other threads if you want the explanation.