Optimus first Transformation in DOTM

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by eagc7, Jan 18, 2012.

1. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    was just curious, in Movie 1 and ROTF we had close ups (i have no other way to explain it) during Optimus first transformition from Alt Mode to Bot, but we didnt had that type of Transformation on DOTM.

i dont cared for the close up transformations of Optimus, but i am curious if you Guys at once thought we would had the same transformartion style for Optimus in DOTM, and so what are ur thoughts on the lack of that first Transformation of optimus in DOTM

2. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    I'm not quite sure what's being asked, but I do know that the shot of Optimus being air dropped then landing on the freeway was bad-ass.

3. Buckybarnes

Buckybarnes Well-Known Member

I really don't understand what your asking.

4. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    I am much happier without the close up transformations. We can finally see what the hell is going on, for crying out loud. I always hated that we had to zoom in on a certain part becoming Optimus' crotch, or a panel folding into Ironhide's shoulder.

Also; in the "He's pissed" scene, Optimus seems to transform differently. I mean, the basics are the same, nose becomes arms and what not. But those long "strips" sticking out of Optimus' body at points while he transforms? I dunno. But he seems to have different details in transforming in at least that scene.

5. Buckybarnes

I noticed that too. I suppose he was just transforming aggressively to intimidate people.

6. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Remember in Movie 1 and ROTF when we see Optimus transform for first time, what i am asking if people thought we were meant to have that kind of transformation for his first apperance on robot mode in DOTM

7. Buckybarnes

I think it's possible they planned for it. But it would have been really similar to the Nest base transformation in ROTF.

8. Meggamus

Meggamus I want FOC figures!!

are you asking why why didnt get an up close transformation for optimus primes first transformation in DOTM like in the other movies

9. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    Talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel... Were we MEANT to have a close up transformation of Prime in DOTM but didn't get it?? Really? I guess there really is no other base to cover concerning these movies though, so I cant' blame the op...

10. astig

astig Optimus Prime's Driver

News Credits:
    Well, we do get a decent shot of him transforming in all three movies. if that's what you're asking.
    -when he first met sam in TF1
    -in the nest hangar/base in ROTF
    -in the hangar/base, where he first met mearing in DOTM.

the rest of his transformations in the movies are still pretty decent and bad ass, and
    IMO i think he's got the most screen time/number of transformations than all the bots in the movies.

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Probably not intended to intimidate, but yeah, that was an angry transformation. Like how the hairs on cat's back stand up, he puffed out unintentionally because he was riled up.

As for the first transformation, we've seen him transform out of combat and going into combat, now we open with him transforming while in combat.

12. Hellscream15

Hellscream15 Hi... Bl

Well, he did basicaly get an upgrade between rotf and dotm, whos to say his transformation woudnt be a bit different? I noticed these "strips" you're talking about became part of his legs in the 1st film, but became part of his back in dotm.

13. Shockwave1138

Shockwave1138 Multi-changer

News Credits:
    I don't think any single character ever had two identical transformations... various parts go to the same places, yeah, but they get there in different orders, by different means, etc. etc.

Fun fact: Optimus goes from truck to robot numerous times throughout all three movies, but all of ONCE from robot to truck, right at the end of that aforementioned ROTF freeway airdrop

14. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think you answered your own question. They dding show one in DOTM because it had already been done twice, so you know how he transforms and what he looks like at this point.

15. geezmangu

geezmangu Well-Known Member

16. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    No, i was asking people if THEY Thought we would be getting the close up transformation for optimus, i was not asking why he didnt had one, i was asking ppl if they thought we would get one

What?

17. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Um... he transformed alongside his trailer...

that beats everything in the world.

18. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    I was hoping/expecting a similar close-up transformation, a la the first two movies. It seemed to be a theme. Both Bumblebee and Optimus' first on-screen transformation were extremely dramatic and epic. Granted, not so close that we can't tell what's going on, but RotF struck that intro transformation shot perfectly. I just love how both intro transformations were so lengthy and epic and the camera twirled an panned around them. Compared to those, the intro transformation of Optimus in Chernobyl was lacklustre. But then again, we saw most of the transformation in glorious wide-shot 3D-ness, with his trailer transforming too. That's cool. And, of course, his angry transformation in front of Mearing made up for it. ;)  And in addition to that, the first other character to transform on-screen always got a similar big-and-epic shot (Blackout, Ironhide). Meanwhile Dino's was cool and all, but just not as cool as the previously mentioned two.