Optimus Diffrence Question?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by kenm2474, Mar 1, 2009.

1. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Are we going to have an Explanation for the changes being made in Optimus and the rest of the Team of Autobots from TFTM1 to TFTM2? (Movie Characters)

Last edited: Mar 1, 2009
  2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    So far the only one with any real difference is Bumblebee, and that's just some slight differences with the front end of his alt-mode, or are you talking about the toys? If so, they really don't need an explanation. Leader Prime is just more accurate, and the difference with the others is just for the toys, and have no connection to the on-screen versions, other than maybe some more accurate details (like Ironhide's new cannons & BB's new front end for examples).

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I know Bumblebee has changed, he got a new front end, but how has Optimus changed? Or Ratchet, or Ironhide?

4. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Talking about the movie characters. Optimus I believe has some slight changes to his bot mode. I am not looking at my TFTM prime at the moment but he looks different looking at these pick like the Smoke stacks and how they are angled on his back an such. Will we get a explanation for the changes in the story for the movie?

5. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    in 2 years, im going to look a little older-hopefully thinner, with more manageable hair, taller, and maybe even a little bit of a mustache.

people change.

6. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Other than the fact he now has two swords (well, we haven't seen his movie model with them, but he probably does have them, imo), there are no real differences between how he looked in the first movie, and how he looks in the RotF. There may be a couple small changes, but nothing different enough to warrant an explanation. I can't even see them giving an explanation for Bumblebee's new front end, and he's the one with the biggest differences. Ironhide and Ratchet, from what we've seen, have absolutely no differences.

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Bumblebee probably redid his front end and wheels so he was still in style.

8. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It was just time for an upgrade? BB probably got in a fight got his front messed up and got it fixed.

9. neevnav

neevnav The Flying Dutchman

News Credits:
    Sam drove him into a pole on the way home from a Frat party.

10. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

I'd seriously doubt we're going to get any kind of exposition on a few little aesthetic changes. And to be honest, we really don't need that either.
    If Prime or BB had a completely different alt-mode, then I'd be kind of like: "Wait..what happen?...This needs to be explained."

11. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    plus, every 2 years, computer technology doubles, right? so they upgraded themselves 2 years later-assuming they are different (i say 2 years cause isnt the movie 2 years later?)

12. ashion

ashion Well-Known Member

Do we really need an explination for minor tweeks that the average person itsn't ever gonna notice?

Could just say they have just settled more into their new armor and made minor adjustments to suite in the 2 years.

13. Orbital

Orbital Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why do they need to explain such minor things? their only noticeable to us and not the general audience who don't stay consistent with the film shoots and such and analysis the character appearances. Kinda odd if a character is pointing out in the film Bumbleebee's front being different with everyone in the audience not even noticing it.